Hopeless Place

One Shot Palace!
Hey there! So this is my first ever one shot, hope you like it!
 
Characters: Kai, Sehun and You(Minhee)
Tags: EXO, Romance, Slight Angst

 

 

We found love......,

 

 

      In a rather hopeless place......

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

One Shot,

One Chance,

You've only got 60 seconds to tell your story.

Ready? Hmmm, I doubt so....

 

 

Ready,

Get set,

Don't Go......

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes shot open and I jolted up awake. I was breathing short, heavy breaths. Sweat ran down my face and hands. "Damn that accident. Stupid foolish accident. If only it took my life away." I mumbled, wiping the sweat away. I looked at the window, only to find the blinding sunlight shining back at me.

"Urgh, it's morning already." You groaned as you instinctively blocked away the shining sunlight with your hands. You then grabbed your uniform and went to shower. 

15 minutes later, you came out of the bathroom while drying your hair.

-

You closed the door, locked it and walked down the stairs as you carried some of your subject books in your arms. "Please let me get through this day as soon as possible," you mumbled, sighing.

'Hopeless place.' you thought as you looked at your surroundings. A hopeless school, a hopeless world. Everything seemed so hopeless.

"Oh look, the bookworm is here." someone snickered as you push opened the door of Cafe 96C. You turned to wherever that voice came from. Not much of a surprise, it was your ex-best friends. You flattened your lips, ignoring them and went to the counter. "One iced latte takeaway please," you ordered as you reach into your bag for your wallet.

When you were about to keep your wallet, someone snatched it away. Knowing who is picking on you, you bit your lips trying to contain your irritation. "Mirae, give it back to me." you sighed, turning to face the female with long and straight black hair. The girl with long and straight black hair, otherwise known as Mirae, handed your wallet to the one beside her.

"Ji Hae, please return it to me." you gnawed on your lips. The female with long and wavy brown hair smirked, "What makes you think that I'm going to return it when you ask for it? I'm not a dog." She waved your wallet in front of your face but sadly you weren't tall enough to retrieve it.

You shut your eyes and took long deep breaths before you opened your eyes again. "I never said that you're a dog." you looked at her blankly. "Y-you ." Jihae seethed in anger, boring holes on your face. Ji Hae strutted towards the window and threw your wallet out of the window. 

Your eyes widened, "Kang Ji Hae!" you exclaimed, glaring at her as the anger grows little by little inside. "What you're gonna do to me?" she smirked as she strutted back proudly. "Iced Latte Takeaway!" the barista called out. You sighed, walking to the counter to get your Iced Latte as your anger quickly subsided.

Before you even reach the redemption counter, Mirae decided to stick out her leg to trip you. With insufficient time to react, you tripped and landed on the floor. Books were sent flying in the air before dropping flat on the floor. You groaned in pain as giggles resonated the cafe and it definitely made you flush red out of embarrassment. You hurriedly picked up your books and brushed your uniform. You nervously pushed your nerd specs back to the bridge of your nose and decided to ignore them as you walked over to retrieve your Ice Latte. 

After having a sip of your favourite drink, the thought of your wallet being thrown out came back to you. Widening your eyes in horror, you rushed out, pushing Ji Hae and Mirae in the process. "YAH!" was the last word you could hear from the angry lioness as you hurriedly exited the cafe.

You searched for your precious wallet everywhere, but to no avail. You sighed, feeling disappointed. 'This is the third time that I have lost the damn freaking wallet for this week already.' you blew your bangs in frustration, thinking about it.

"Hey, are you Min Hee-shii?" a low voice spoke. "Yes, what?!" you exclaimed in irritation over the loss of your wallet, scaring the guy who is now in front of you. "I suppose this is yours?" he said, looking at the purple glittery wallet. "Oh yes." you said, snatching it away to check the contents.

"Not even a thank you?" the guy asked, raising his eyebrows looking at you. You mentally rolled your eyes and walked away, ignoring him. 

-

"That girl..... Strange." Kai mumbled to himself as he continued eyeing you. He was secretly satisfied that he did not receive attention from you. Strangely, at the same time he felt slightly cranky because of the same reason. "Quite fine for the start of the day." Kai scoffed as he continued heading to school.

-

You casually strolled into the hallway as the school bells rung across the whole hall. The usual treatment to be treated like air came to you. Even when schoolmates bump into you, they would ignore you. You lowered your head and dragged yourself to your usual seat - the back of the classroom.

You casually threw your school bag on the desk beside you, concluding that no one would want to sit with you. Of course, no one would want to sit beside a nerd. "Ouchh.." suddenly a groan broke out, causing you to jump in shock.

Realising there's actually someone sitting beside you, you quickly took away your bag and threw it on the floor.

"It's you..." the guy with bouncy hair and thick lips said as he touched the back of his head. "Have I even met you? and why are you sitting beside my desk?" you asked, feeling grumpy. Feeling flustered, he replied with little stuttering at the beginning. "I-i choose where I want to sit." the guy somehow managed to pull off the coolness he wanted to show.

"Whatever. Fine by me, only if you don't attract unnecessary attention." you flattened your lips as you sat down beside him. You took out a book from your bag and started to read. "Why do you not like attention?" the guy asked. You shrugged at his question and went back reading. "I mean like, almost every girl I've met likes attention." the guy continued, staring at you and patiently waits for your answer. "Well, I'm not the every girl you meet. I'm an exception." you stared at him blankly. You sensed some awkwardness and immediately you broke away from the contact. You faked coughed and returned back to reading.

You were so engrossed into the book that you didn't notice your seat mate creeping nearer and nearer. "Do you always read books?" you ignored his question, thinking that he might shut up after being ignored but unexpectedly, he decided to try again. "Why are there marks on your hands?" he asked as he examined the scars on your right wrist. You were thinking about the scar marks when the sudden realisation of closeness between the both of you hits you and made you flinch.

You frowned upon reading the last sentence of the page.

You pouted and turned to face him. Both of you are once again engaged in a staring competition. Your grip on the storybook became tighter as the duration of the staring competition lengthens.

Both of you did not blink as far as you could remember.

"Alright! Get ready for class!" Miss Im declared as her pinkish red high heels broke the silence that remained in the classroom since forever.

"Phew." Glad that you were saved from that staring competition, you loosen the grip on the book. "I'm Kai. Nice to meet you." the guy introduced, with a smug smile. You gave him a nod to show acknowledgement of his presence. Not long after that, Kai turned away from you and pretended pay attention to the lesson.

 

He raised his eyebrows and put his cheeks on his palms. He was impressed by your behaviour and it certainly raised his curiosity level in you.

He cursed mentally and wished that he knew more of you.

-

"Imo(Aunt), I'm back." you said, entering the cafe. "Good, go to your floor and open the cafe. N-O-W." your Aunt responded at the washing dish area. "Arasseo." you blew your bangs as you reluctantly dragged yourself to the forth floor of the building.

You pulled the key out of the keyhole and opened the door of the cafe. The cafe, was simply just a normal cafe. Without any attractive food or furniture, it was one of the worst business operated in the building. The whole building consisted of four stories. The building belongs to your aunt, who is providing you a shelter to live in.

You would usually spend your day at the cafe since it was your home. You went into your room, threw your bags on your bed and changed into a kimono to suit the cafe theme of the day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA0Pv-2YvwzErYSFEr-n9

Imagine yourself wearing it~

 Even though your coffee was considered above average, your cafe was less frequented as it was at the fourth floor.

Time passed by quickly and soon, the sun rays disappeared. The clock struck eight and it was time for the cafe to close. You sighed, as you realised that you could easily count the number of customers who visited your cafe today with your fingers.

Beside the almost rundown looking building that Min Hee/You was/were in, was a building that stood proudly with much elegance. Like usual, the lights of the first and fourth floor were always on.

On the fourth floor, the studio is frequently blasted with overwhelming music. Sweat dripped onto the floor continuously. What the young teenager was doing now was dancing. Dancing was the only way left to escape from the harsh reality waiting on for him.

The young teenager switched off the speaker and wipe the sweat off his forehead with a towel. He panted as he looked outside the building. With the short distance between each building, he could see what the people in the other building were doing. He was casually scanning around the buildings when someone caught this young man's eye.

Wearing Kimono on such a hot day? It was beyond odd. But in this young man's eyes, she was enchanting, strikingly stunning. The aura surrounding her was graceful and captivating. "Well, that lady is quite amusing. Kimono today and Hanbok yesterday. I wonder what theme will the cafe be tomorrow." he chuckled, wanting to know more about that charming lady across the building. 

"Since when spying became your habit?" someone by the door snickered. The former young man scoffed "Oh Sehun." as he slung his arm around the latter's shoulder, walking out of the studio.

"Well isn't that Min Hee?" Sehun asked, eyeing the former.

"Min Hee... Who?" the former asked, cocking his head to one side in confusion.

"Min Hee... The wallflower, hyung." Sehun reminded, shaking his head.

"It's her?!" the former exclaimed loudly. He never expected himself to find the nerd be so graceful and so eye-catching.

For the second time, he wished he knew more about her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were about to head out when your handphone rang. You glanced at the phone caller ID before you answered it. "Is there anything you want me to do, Imo?" you asked, struggling to lock the door with books on your free hand.

"YOU BETTER COME DOWN RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT!" she screamed into the phone. You hurriedly rushed down, not understanding the situation.

Glass doors were smashed, furniture covered with red paint. Undoubtedly, it was by the loan sharks that your father owed money to. "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! WRETCHED GIRL! LOOK AT THE MESS THEY MADE!" she yelled at you. You looked at her, unable to comprehend everything. 'Why is it always my fault? I have absolute no freedom to choose who my parents are! What do you want me to do.' you lowered your head and started crying.

"DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I'M ABUSING YOU!" your aunt slapped you as she continued yelling at you. Tears uncontrollably rolled down as you sobbed. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry for being who I am..." 

"YOU BETTER CLEAN THE FURNITURE BEFORE I GET HOME TONIGHT. OR ELSE YOU'LL HAVE TO SCRAM!" she pulled your hair and threw you on the ground before she stormed off.

People started fishing out their phones to take photos of the scene. You curled yourself into a ball and started sobbing even harder. You felt helpless in this situation.

Suddenly, you felt someone grabbing you. You raised your head, wiping away your tears. "Y-you?" you blurted out in surprise. "Let's go." he said softly, bringing you to his car. "Ahjusshi, to the school please." he ordered as soon as he entered the car. You continued to wipe away your tears, not wanting his attention.

Seeing you hurt, a sour feeling entered his heart. It felt suffocating for him to see you in this state. The state you're in was definitely his fault. "I'll settle the restaurant matter for you." You automatically clenched your fist and felt ashamed. "You don't have the need." you said, breaking the silence. "It was my fault that you ended up like this." he sighed, not willing to mention the past. 'I've got no one else to blame except for myself for falling for you.' you thought, gritting your teeth.

 

"Young master, we've reached school." His train of thoughts was interrupted by his driver. "Arasseo." he said, holding hands with you. When he was about to get you out of the car, you brushed his hands away emotionlessly and came out yourself.

Your signature cold side surfaced as you bowed to him and left. He sighed, wondering when you could stop acting strong.

-

You took a deep breath and walked into the classroom and sat in your seat. "Y-yah." the guy sitting beside you called. "W-what." you answered, giving him an emotionless stare. "W-why are you injured?" he asked. You could hear a tinge of concern in his tone of voice. "It's none of your business...." you answered, trying to recall his name. 

As if he could read your mind, he replied. "The name's Kai."

"It's none of your business.... Well, Kai-shii...." you ended awkwardly and divert your attention on books once again. 

"Are you really alright Min Hee-shii?" he asked again. You nodded, eyes still on the book.

"I don't think so, let's go get your injuries treated." your seat mate suggested, looking worried.

-

"All done." Kai claps his hands and smiles in triumph as he finished bandaging your wounds. He was anticipating the moment for you to thank him, but you crushed his expectation when you replied him with a nod. He groaned, thinking of a way to make you talk more.

After heading back to the classroom, each time he asked a question, you would either write it down on a note or nodd and shake your head. You were determined to give less attention to him as possible.

"Do you like chocolates?" you shook your head. "What's your favourite food?" You sighed and wrote down, 'Creampuffs'

"Do you like sushi?" you nodded. "What colours do you like?" you wrote 'black or white can do'

"What's your favourite show?" 'Running Man'

"What's your number?" he asked, as he took down all of the details you provided about yourself. You decided to keep silent and ignore him. "Hey, answer me." he whispered. You shook your head, eyes still on the book. He started poking around. He started playing with your long wavy hair and continuously poked your cheeks. 

You, determined to keep your concentration on the book, continued ignored him despite the annoying actions he did. Seeing that his actions did not affect you, he started doing aegyo. 'Buing buing~' 'Give me your number phweaseeeee~~'

Seeing his childish yet cute actions made you want to chuckle but you quickly saved yourself by plastering a poker face expression. You had a hard time controlling your laughter. He sighed, "Seems like I have to use my ultimate plan." he mumbled, but it was loud enough for you to hear.

For the first time, you were curious about what he was going to do.

He caught you off guard and snatched the book away from you, hiding it behind his back. "What's your number?" he asked with a determined expression. You glared at him, threatening him to return the book. "Not until you tell me your number. Here's my phone, key your number down." Kai chuckled cheekily, handing you his phone. 

You facepalmed, taking his phone to input your number down. After finishing, you returned his phone back to him. He eyed at you with a suspicious look while he carefully dialed the number. You took out and place your phone on the table. It started vibrating after a few seconds. "Got it." he clicked his tongue, giving you a foolish grin. A smile almost surfaced on your face, but you only allow yourself to show a small smirk.

He was satisfied with almost removing your icy expression.

-

Each time after Kai talked to you, you found yourself showing him who you really are deep inside, inevitably smiling along with him.

You didn't know why this happened, but you definitely had a hard time controlling yourself and finding yourself having difficulties transforming back to a wallflower. And somehow, you found yourself really looking forward to school every single day, no matter what happened.

-

"Yah, Oh Sehun." the tanned guy called as he entered the rooftop.

"Bwoh." the latter replied.

"I think.... I'm in love." the former answered, grinning.

The latter froze. He gulped before asking. "Let me guess. Wallflower?" 

"Bingo." the former patted his buddy's shoulder. "You're smart." he added.

Sehun's heart sank when his hyung admitted it.

She is his everything. No, scratch that, she was his everything. He wanted to protect her, but failed to. He had hurt her in the first place.

-Flashback-

"Yah, she's here." one of Sehun's buddy elbowed him. The person Sehun had waited for so long for entered the hallway. "Yah, snap out of it! Go and get her!" his friend nudged him and instantly, Sehun became awake.

"Min Hee-shii!" Sehun ran after his target as fast as he could. "N-nae?" you turned to face him. He gulped, 'Sorry Min Hee-shii.' he thought. Sehun had to wait for his friends to arrive before he could execute his plan.

"I think I've fallen in love with you. Will you accept me?" he declared, kneeling down in the process. Murmurs were heard everywhere. Soon, everyone was witness this love confession and at the same time, gossiping. "Eh.... Me?" you were caught by surprise.

"Yes, you. I've fallen hard for you." he added, looking sincere enough to be real. "I......" you stuttered. You hid your face behind the textbooks on your arm, trying not to get caught blushing. You were in joy, because you had a crush on him. When you were about to open your mouth to answer, he stood up and walked away. 'WHAT THE HECK?' you thought.

"Sehun-shii!" you called. "This was just a joke, Min Hee-shii." he turned to answer and left the scene. Your heart went numb and your legs went jelly.

 

Her legs gave way and fell on the floor. Students were laughing at her stupidity. Who would be fond of a nerd? She had crumbled down in the middle of the hallway, on the verge of breaking down. She curled up into a ball and whimpered.

You could hear sounds of heels nearing. "Yah, Choi Min Hee." someone said. You lifted up your head and found Ji Hae and Mirae looking at you. You smiled, thinking that they were here to comfort you. "From today onwards, we'll no longer be friends." Ji Hae said, patting your head with faked sympathy. "W-wae?" you asked, wiping your smile away. "Sorry, but we don't befriend losers." Mirae snickered.

You were shocked. Words were eaten up. 

'No. No... This can't be happening.' you thought, tears continued rolling down. Being laughed at, being the joke of the school. This wasn't what you wanted. You picked up your books and ran off.

You were stressed by this incident and started cutting. It was the only thing you can escape to. To you, cutting was stupid and insensible, but it was the only way you could release your pressure and stress with efficiency.

One day, you crossed the road while you were zoning out and was knocked down by a car. You claimed to have lost some of your memories after waking up and your parents fled to other countries to avoid loan sharks and left you under your Aunt's care. 

After you discharged from the hospital, Sehun consistently looked after you, to ensure no one hurts you any further. But he found himself falling in love with you. Real and hard.

-End of Flashback-

"Yah yah! Are you listening?" the older one nudged the younger one.

"Nae hyung?" Sehun snapped out of his thoughts.

"I said, that I'm gonna confess!" the former one facepalmed.

"Yea- WHAT?!" he exclaimed out in shock. He stared at the former guy, not sure if he did listen correctly.

"Goddamn! Oh Sehun! I don't want to repeat myself for the third time!" the older one yelled. 

"Hyung, have you considered carefully? Do you think she will accept you?" the younger one tried to think of all the possible reasons he could think of the convince his hyung not to confess.

"I've never tried to confess to her before, how would I know?" the older one stared at the younger one. The older young man frowned, "Why are you so panicky when I said I'm gonna confess to her?" he asked. 

"A-aniya h-hyung. I-i have to go h-hyung. S-see you t-tomorrow." Sehun stuttered as he left the rooftop hastily. "Strange...." the older young man scratched his head, eyeing Sehun as he left the rooftop.

-

'I wonder what is he up to now.' you sighed as you looked at the sky, taking a break from reading at the park. Your thoughts drifted far enough for you to blush. You slapped yourself and consistently reminded yourself not to think too much when you caught yourself doing what you think is inappropriate.

You were about to resume reading when you saw one pair of legs in front of you. You lifted your head upwards and saw who was it. Your mood had turned bad because of his appearance. "I've things to talk to you with." he said, grabbing your hands and leading the way. You forcefully pushed his hands away and folded your arms. "If you wanna talk, talk here. I don't want to waste my time with you." you looked away.

He nodded, sighing. "Alright. Let's sit down." he dropped his bags and sat next to your bag. You followed what he did and sat face-to-face with him. "What do you want to talk about." you took in a breathe and maintained eye contact with him.

"Do you like him?" was the first question that came out of his mouth. Mystically, an image of someone popped into your mind. You were about to smile, but you bit your lips, "Who i-is the h-him you're r-referring to?" you asked nervously. "It's who you are thinking now." he narrowed his eyes on you. "Whom I fancy is none of your business!" you stood up, feeling irritated about his beating around the bush tactic. 

You were about to leave the scene when you heard him. "It's my business because I fell in love with you too...." 

You froze, dumbfounded about the truth. You were utterly speechless. You fell back on the ground, staring at him. "Why didn't you tell me?! Why did you tell me only now?!" you yelled at him while you hit him on the chest. 

"Because I'm not good enough for you..... I was never suitable for you in the first place...." he answered, bringing you into his arms. "Nappeun namja..." you whispered as he continued to embrace you. "I know I am.... I shouldn't have accepted the dare from the bastards back in middle school."

"I hate you... I really hate you for making me into this state." you continued hitting him non-stop. "Me too...." he replied. 

 

"Bwoh-yah! Oh Sehun!" a rather rough voice called from behind. Both of you pulled away and turned to where the voice came from. You jaw dropped when you saw him standing there, his chest heaved with anger. He shot Sehun a betrayed look before approaching you. "K-kai." you stuttered, feeling shocked.

"Let's go." he said, with a voice filled with anger. And betrayal. "K-kai, listen to me." you said, stopping him from storming away. "What is there to listen? This bastard, betrayed me. I told him that I'm going to confess. And here he is, trying to spoil the whole thing." he said, pointing to Sehun. He was glaring at him as if it would bore holes onto his face if he continued.

"Kai, what you see just now wasn't the whole thing." you defended Sehun. "I saw it! I SAW HIM HUGGING YOU! I SAW HIM TRYING TO STEAL WHAT'S MINE!" Kai yelled in anger, throwing a fist towards Sehun's face.

Both of them started a fight. While passer-bys stood there, taking pictures of the fight. You stood there, helpless. The bruising face of Sehun made you try to break up the fight.

"Stop it will you two?!" you yelled at the both of them. They stopped and pushed each other away. You looked at Sehun, who had many bruises on his face, while Kai had none. It was obvious that Sehun did not fight back. 

"Kim Jong-In, did you realise what you are doing now? How could you have hit him?!" you hissed, glaring at him. "B-but Min Hee..." he tried to defend himself. "If only you had listened to me explain. Did you realise Sehun did not fight back?! Are you really that dumb to not see that?! I can't believe I've fallen for a bastard like you!" you raised your voice.

"I regret falling in love with you." you said, looking into his eyes with a cold expression.

"Let's go Sehun..." you picked up your bags and forcefully dragged the injured young man away.

Kai, was left in the park. Alone. "ARGHHHH!!!!!" he shouted in frustration as he punched the trees. Words cannot describe how broken he felt when he heard you telling him that. His tears slipped down uncontrollably as he continued punching the trees.

-

"Does it still hurt?" you asked as you applied medicated oil onto the injuries. "It doesn't. Even if it does, it won't hurt as much as how hyung is now." he replied. This made you froze on the spot as a pang of guilt hits you. You recalled what you had said to Kai, and realised that you were too harsh on words with him.

"You can go now." Sehun's words broke your train of thought. "Huh?" you looked at him, feeling confused.

"Go and find Jong-In hyung. I think he needs you more than I need you now." he replied, looking away. "B-but..." you tried to reason with him. "No buts, please make this hyung of mine happy. What he needs is happiness." Sehun pleaded, helping you with your things.

"At least, wait for me to finish helping you with your injuries!" you exclaimed, trying to stop him from pushing you any further. "I'm okay. I can manage." he assured you, pushing you out of the house. 

"See you in school tomorrow. Bye." he said, closing the door into your face. You frowned, wondering why was he behaving that way.

 

AUTHOR POV.

"See you in school tomorrow. Bye." Sehun said, slamming the door into Min Hee's face. He sighed, back to sitting on the couch. "Please, just leave me alone. I'm scared that I would hurt you again. Jong-In hyung is way better than me. He loves you more than I love you." Sehun muttered, closing his eyes to get a rest. Today, was the most tiresome day he ever had in his life.

You hurriedly handed the taxi fee to the driver and hastily left the cab. You tried to run as fast as your legs could bring you. You are in a hurry to meet someone. Someone you had hurt earlier. You soon arrived at the park, searching everywhere for that person. You ran everywhere else you thought he would be at. But to no avail.

You stopped running, trying to catch your breath. "Where is he...." you panted. You tried calling him again. You impatiently waited for the call to be picked up. "Come on, pick up the phone. Kim Jong-In." you sounded really desperate. "The caller is not available, please try again later." was everything that you had heard. 

"Where the hell are you at, Kim Jong-In..." you put down your phone and called, in a worried tone.

"Min Hee...?" a gentle voice came from behind. As soon as you recognised his voice, you ran to him.

"Omph!" he coughed as you went into his arms. "Mi-anhae. I'm sorry for all the awful words I spat out just now. I was too harsh on you. I'm really sorry." you hugged him tighter, worried that he might pull you away.

Instead of pulling you away, he patted your head. "Gwen-chanha(It's okay.) I'm in the wrong too." he whispered, hugging you in return. Both of you snuggled closer after accepting each other's apology.

"Min Hee...." he said, pulling away from the hug. "Um?" you looked at him, smiling. "Will you......" he paused. "Will I...?" you grinned, knowing what is he trying to say.

He gulped, "Will you...." he paused once again. You were trying very hard to be sincere and not laugh. "Be my girlfriend?" he spoke quickly. "Huh?" you said, pretending not to hear what he said. 

"I said, will you be my girlfriend?" this time, it was somehow fast yet more audible. "I can't hear you!" you teased, acting frustrated. "Yah, stop teasing me...." Kai bit his lips, flushing red.

"Once more! I really can't hear what you said!" you exclaimed, chuckling. "WILL YOU, CHOI MIN HEE BE MY GIRLFRIEND?!" he shouted out loud, making sure that you had heard it loud and clear. 

You were laughing at his silliness when he flushed really red. As though his face was a tomato. "Yah! Quit teasing!" Kai pouted, covering his face. 

"Arasseo," you tried to control your laughter. You almost squealed out loud at his cuteness. "So, what's your reply?" Kai asked, jokingly head-locking you. "Yes I will!" you said in delight.

After your reply, Kai was full of happiness. He carried you and spun in circles. "KYAAAA!!! PUT ME DOWNNNN!!!!" you squealed in terror. He chuckled and found you cute when you are scared.

 

AUTHOR POV.

"Min Hee would be better off with hyung. I'm not suitable with Min Hee, she would suffer if she was with me. Hyung, please take good care of Min Hee from now on. I'll ease my mission as her guardian and hand this mission to you." Sehun sighed as he left the scene of the new pair of love birds. A faint smile was plastered on his face as he left. 

-

I was in Kai's arms when both of us enjoyed each other's company as the sun sets. We snuggled closer, feeling strong affection for each other.

"Minhee..." Kai said, resting his chin on my head. "Hmm Oppa?" I shifted to make both of us more comfortable. "I love you." he declared. These three words have utterly warmed up my heart. "Oppa....." I called as my fingers intertwined with his. "Hmm?" he answered, witnessing the sun drowning at the horizon.

"I love you too." I looked at him. A smile soon surfaced on his face as he looked at me.

Time froze as our lips met. Butterflies were sent everywhere in my body. A kiss soft yet passionate. I smiled as I moved in closer to him. He smiled, knowing what I did. I wrapped my around him like what he did. Both of us kept our eyes closed, enjoying the moment spent together. 

Both of us pulled away at the same timing, exchanging chuckles. He grinned like a total fool in love as he cradled me into his chest. He was a fool. A fool in love. Like me.

-

'Looks like, falling in love wasn't a bad thing afterall.' I thought as I continued grinning. 

'It wasn't a hopeless place to begin with.'

It's only a hopeless place if you keep pushing away the ones who love you.