Repercussions

Spy

(A/N: So... this is like super ridiculously late. And I don't really have anything to say for myself... BUT since it's been so long, I'll give a quick recap.

  • During a failed mission, Ji Eun managed to take refuge in Woo Young's house.
  • Unfortunately this means Woo Young and his family are in danger.
  • In return for Woo Young and his family to be safe, Ji Eun promises to become the ideal agent.
  • Unfortunately her most recent mission has her assassinate Wooyoung.
  • Ji Eun is ordered to get close to Woo Young so there won't be any suspicion on her when he dies.
  • Ji Eun went on a kindofsortof date with Woo Young, and her father sent his secretary to stalk her.
  • Ji Eun met Suzy and Eun Jung, who were gushing about boys.)

Agent SR entered the Director's office quietly, stealthily, his feet barely touching the grond.

He truly lives up to his reputation as the best agent to ever enter the Lee Hired Extermination Foundation, the Director thought with a small smile. Then his smile disappeared when he remembered IU. Far better than my bumbling, emotional, weepy excuse for a daughter.

"You called me, sir?"

The Director spun around in his chair. Slowly. Dramatically. It was his absolute favorite thing to do as a Director: spin around in chairs slowly and dramatically. "Yes, I did."

Agent SR, dressed in a slim jacket with the hood drawn over his face, bowed forward slightly.

"Your mission in Busan went splendidly," the Director said conversationally. "How do you do it every time?"

Agent SR seated himself in a nearby chair, keeping his head bowed. "I get lucky, Director sir."

"Nonsense. Everything is skill."

"I didn't mean that, sir," Agent SR said plainly. "I simply meant that I have always been assigned targets who deserve to die." His tone turned slightly critical. "Not a father who adopted two children from the streets."

"He was a witness to Agent NE's crime scene. You know what happens to witnesses."

"He was a good man."

"A good father. But still a witness." The Director gave a sigh—a long, drawn-out sigh that reminded Agent SR of the Director's age. "If it makes you feel any better, Agent SR, he didn't die."

Agent SR seemed conflicted. "I'm glad for that, sir, but what if—"

"He won't report us. Now let's get to the point." Suddenly the Director's posture changed; he straightened and leaned forward, clasping his hands on the desk. "Agent SR. I have a new mission for you."

Agent SR's own posture straightened. "Yes sir."

"Agent IU is currently on an extermination mission," the Director said. "Her target is Woo Young Jang. You may have heard of him."

Agent SR gave a soft laugh. "I have."

The Director folded his arms. "This is a tough mission, Agent SR... But if Agent IU fails to exterminate Woo Young Jang, I want you to take care of her."

"Her?"

"Agent IU. If she fails, I want you to take care of Agent IU."

Agent SR's fists clenched. "Director. She is your daughter."

"Precisely."

Agent SR's head shot up. "Then why—?"

Then he saw it. The hidden message etched in the Director's features, begging for him to go along with the order. The meaning behind the mission.

Agent SR bowed his head again. "Of course. Failure cannot be tolerated here."

"Dismissed," the Director said.

Agent SR left as silently as he had come.


"Eun Jung-ah. Eun Jung-ah, it'll be okay."

They were in the waiting room of Hanyang General Hospital; Suzy gently rubbing Eun Jung's back, Ji Eun pacing back and forth.

"They said he was shot," Eun Jung sobbed. "Who'd want to kill him? Who'd want to kill someone like Appa? After he rescued Min Ah and Shin from the streets..."

Ji Eun stopped short. "Your father... was shot?"

"In the shoulder, right as he was heading back to our apartment..." Eun Jung drew her knees up to her chest. "Someone shot him."

A chill ran down Ji Eun's spine. No way. It can't be.

The target. The witness to Agent NE's mission. The one she'd shot. He'd had three kids. Two—the little ones—ran out when they heard the gunshot. So his third child...

"When was he shot?" Ji Eun demanded.

"A few days ago!" Eun Jung rubbed her head. "My little brother and sister... They didn't want to worry me, so they tried not to tell me..."

His third child... was Eun Jung.

And Ji Eun had thought this week couldn't get any worse.


"You called me, sir?"

Director Eung-bok Lee turned from his computer. "Oh! Woo Young-sshi! Perfect timing!" He gestured enthusiastically to the chair on the opposite side of the desk. "Please, have a seat."

Woo Young gingerly sat down in the chair, examining the director's office. Everything he laid eyes on looked as if it was worth millions of dollars. Even the common office supplies—scissors, stapler—were branded with "Made in Switzerland with 24-carat Gold; Executive Edition."

"Aww, don't look so tense," Director Lee said sympathetically. "I actually got these from the thrift store."

Woo Young gaped. "A Swiss 24-carat gold executive edition stapler? From a thrift store?"

"Oh, I made that label myself," Director Lee said proudly. "That way everyone thinks it's super important when it's actually just your average consumer stapler."

"I... see."

"But at any rate..." Director Lee reached into his nearby accordion file, whipping out the script for Episode 6. "I was looking over the plot, you know, and I was wondering... You see, the chemistry between you and Ji Eun-sshi... That is, well..."

"It would be awesome to have a loveline with Ji Eun," Woo Young said. "Um... that is what you were getting at, right?"

"Of a sort, yes." Director Lee sighed in relief. "You see, I was afraid you would mind. We originally didn't plan any sort of loveline, and that's why we only specified a friendship between Jason and Pil Suk on your character profile."

"I don't mind. It's a welcome change." Woo Young smiled reassuringly. "Is that all you needed me for, sir?"

"Almost done." Director Lee folded his hands together. "Woo Young-sshi, I heard that you have a job. Will that interfere with your filming schedule?"

"Of course not, sir," Woo Young said hurriedly. "It's a... freelancer job, of a sort."

"Ahhh. In that case, I have no worries." Director Lee stood, pushing his (thrift store-acquired) chair back. "The script reading was pushed back an hour due to a family emergency with Eun Jung-sshi. I shall see you then?"

"Yes sir."

As Woo Young left, Director Lee turned back to his computer.

He had a script to revise.