The Mailman

Dear Mr.Traveler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Mailman

Lu Han wanted excitement. He wanted to feel the breeze brush his bangs and tickle his nose. But at the same time he didn't. Every time he would muster up the courage to go outside it quickly disappeared as he walked to the front door, his fingertips barely gracing the cold metal of the handle. Lu Han would always chicken out, no matter how many times he'd tell himself, that today was the day that he was going to go outside he'd always run back into his room at the last second. 

But that day was not today. Hopefully.

This is it! Lu Han nervously straightened out his jacket careful to get all the wrinkles out.

Today's the day I'm actually going to do it. I'm going to just walk out there and get a cup of coffee. I can do it.

Lu Han looked in the reflection of the window and gave himself a reassuring nod. Then he grabbed his wallet of the kitchen counter and walked towards the door.

I.can.do.it.

I mean what's there even to be afraid of? 

I mean there are burglars, murderers,and rapists...

I can do it.

Maybe they live on the other side of town?

I can do..it.

Lu Han's walking slowed as he thought about the many dangerous he might have to face once he stepped outside.

Lu Han stopped as he reached the door. His palms and forehead were sweating, which he found ridiculous since it was only about a degree over room temperature in the apartment. He slowly, and shakily reached for the door.

I can't do it.

Sighing Lu Han put his hand down, and trudged back towards the coffee table.

Well I guess I can always make coffee at home. It's cheaper this way anyway. 

 

 

It was already 9 am when Lu Han realized that he was really, really, really hungry. Unfortunately for him, his groceries hadn't arrived yet.

Where is that rascal Kim Jongin? He was supposed to be here at 7!

Lu Han heard his stomach growl in hunger.

Well I guess I'll just have cereal then.

Rummaging around his cabinets he finally managed to find a cereal that he didn't hate too much. You may wonder why Lu Han had cereal that he didn't like? Well that was because his mailman Kim Jongin always, and I mean always gets his cereal order wrong. So much so, that Lu Han just decided to stop ordering cereal from him and get other things like eggs, pancake mix, etc.

Pouring himself a bowl of Oreo-Os, he then then heads to the fridge for some milk. Only to realize that he had used the rest of it last night.

Slamming his head against the wall, he wondered how this day could get any worse.

And of course it could.

The sound of knuckles against wood snapped Lu Han out of his despair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter