Preoccupied

Bye Bye Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jooeun stepped lifelessly out of the elevator. She couldn’t get the thought of not marrying L.Joe out of her mind and marrying someone she didn’t know nonetheless love.

She hated the existence of arrange marriage. It was totally unfair and she hated it because she didn’t have a say in it.

“We’re just paying them back to what they helped us with.”

Her mother had said those words to her. Even though her mother didn’t intend to make it sound bad, it came out that way to Jooeun.

*I’m only being used to repay them.* She bitterly thought.

Whoever sees you will say you’re lovely. Whoever sees you will say you’re pretty. One by one you are perfect. There’s an angel in my heart. Your pretty face is blinding my eyes. Your bright smile is just like the sun. Like a shining star in the night sky. There’s an angel in my heart.

The sound of her phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts.

Jooeun blinked and pulled out her phone knowing who was calling due to the ringtone. She pressed the green button and placed the phone to her ear, “Yes oppa?”

“Where are you? It’s already eight.” L.Joe frowned on the other end.

Jooeun’s swelled in happiness, but it deflated because sooner or later she had to break the news of her arrange marriage to him.

She put on a smile and looked around her seeing that she was just two doors down from their apartment, “I’m out in the hall. Just two doors down.”

Then the call was cut off.

Jooeun blinked as she pulled the phone away from her ear, “Did he just-”

“Jooeun-ah!” A familiar voice called.

Jooeun looked up and saw her boyfriend running out of their apartment to meet her.

L.Joe stopped in front of her with a frown on his face, “Yah, do you know how worried I was? I called your mom and she told me that you guys parted way an hour ago. Where were you, huh? I was about to call the police for a search party.”

Staring at her boyfriend for a moment, Jooeun threw her arms around his neck hugging him.

L.Joe was taken aback from the sudden hug but he soon wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her back.

-----

“How was your date with your mom?” He asked as the two of them walked into the living room.

Jooeun stopped and looked up at her boyfriend, “Oppa, I’m going to shower first, okay?”

L.Joe blinked in surprise.

Why? Because every time that Jooeun went out with her mom, she would come back prancing around telling him everything that they did.

But this time she didn’t do any of that.

He was beginning to worry about her because of this sudden mood.

*Did something happen between them?* He scratched his head as he heard the bathroom door close shut.

-----

“Baby.” L.Joe called as he stepped into their bedroom after his shower.

However Jooeun didn’t respond to him.

L.Joe connected his brows together knowing that something was wrong.

“Jooeun-ah.” He called softly as he sat next to her on the bed.

Like the first time, Jooeun didn’t respond to him.

L.Joe frowned as he gently shook his girlfriend to get her attention.

“Hmm? Oh, Byunghun oppa, you’re done.” Jooeun gave him a meek smile.

L.Joe cupped his girlfriend’s face, “What’s wrong? You’ve been preoccupied since you got home. Did something happen between you and your mom?” Jooeun shook her head as she gently pulled his hands away, “No, nothing happened. I’m just thinking about my test that’s on Monday.”

L.Joe smiled and leaned in placing a kiss on the tip of her nose, “Well, don’t think too much about it, okay? It’s the weekend so relax and enjoy it.”

Jooeun nodded as she rested her head on her boyfriend’s shoulder.

-----

“Baby.” L.Joe called as he stepped into the living room where his girlfriend was doing her homework.

Jooeun didn’t answer him since she didn’t even hear him. She was in her own little world again.

L.Joe frowned as he sat down next to her. He propped an elbow onto the coffee table and rested his cheek on his palm as he stared at his girlfriend.

“Yah Choi Jooeun.” He called but didn’t get a respond.

“Yah. Choi. Jooeun.” He poked her arm with each other.

Jooeun snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head to blink at her boyfriend, “Oh, oppa, when did you get here?”

L.Joe raised a brow, “What were you thinking about, hmm? Perhaps another man?” Jooeun’s eyes enlarged, “Oppa!”

L.Joe narrowed his eyes, “So it was, huh? Who was it, hmm? Lee Minho? Kim Woobin? Kang Minhyuk? Kang Haneul? Taeyang? T.O.P? G-Dragon? Changmin? Jaejoong? Who, huh?”

Jooeun giggled as she linked arms with her boyfriend, “You, oppa.” “I don’t believe you. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter