Heartbroken

Bye Bye Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

L.Joe stepped into the empty apartment. It felt so cold and lonely.

A sigh escaped his lips as he closed the door behind him. He stepped out of his shoes and slipped on his slippers.

His eyes landed on Jooeun’s pink slippers. His heart ached remembering the scene that he saw earlier. He hated the fact that he wasn’t the one comforting her when she was sad and in pain. Instead, he was the one that caused her to be sad and in pain.

L.Joe dragged himself to the living room. He was still clutching onto Jooeun’s jacket.

He looked down at the jacket and caressed it with his thumb. It was cold, very cold just like his heart.

Then he remembered that her phone was still in his pocket. He pulled off his jacket and pulled out her phone.

He pressed the ‘home’ button and the phone lit up. L.Joe saw her wallpaper and he was close to tears. It was a photo of him and her smiling happily at the camera the past summer.

His vision blurred with tears as he bite his bottom lip from letting out a sob. Tears rolled down his cheek as he stared at the photo.

It hurt so much looking at the photo. They were so happy then, but now they were broken apart. How could they have already broken up when they were so happy two months ago?

Time definitely does fly by.

He had made so many mistakes and he regretted them so much. Why wasn’t there a time machine for people to go back and correct their mistakes?

“You didn’t deserve her, Byunghun. You are the worse person ever.” He mumbled. “Just go somewhere far far away.”

-----

“We don’t have to rush anything, Jooeun-ah. I can wait for you.” Chunji reasoned.

Jooeun shook her head, “Chanhee oppa, I know what I’m doing.”

Even though he was happy that she had accepted his proposal, he still couldn’t help but feel uneasy about her reason why.

“Jooeun-ah, you don’t have to force yourself to this marriage. I can talk to my mother about postponing it. I can wait.” Chunji stated.

“Chanhee oppa, it’s okay.” She placed a hand on her stomach and caressed it with her thumb. “I know this may be a bad reason, but I want my child to have the love that I never had. I want him or her to feel the love of both parents instead of one. I want them to grow and learn how to love people.”

Chunji softened hearing her reason. Even though the child in her wasn’t his, he was willing to raise the child like his own. That was how much he loved Jooeun. He was willing to do anything to make her happy and if marrying him was to make sure that her child was raised well then he was willing to do it.

He stretched out his hand and placed it over her hand that was still on top of the table. He gave it a light squeeze making her lift her head.

“I promise to be the best husband and father ever.” He vowed.

Jooeun smiled and nodded, “Thank you Chanhee oppa.”

Chunji chuckled, “I’m willing to do anything for you, Jooeun-ah.”

-----

CLANK!

The beer can fell on the ground hitting another beer can.

L.Joe chugged down the beer can in his hand. Finishing the drink, he threw the empty beer can on the floor with the rest of the cans.

The apartment was dark because he had closed all the curtains in the apartment. Not a single ray of sun came into the apartment.

The only source of light in the apartment was the light that hit the curtains making it glow.

L.Joe huffed and leaned back in the couch. He was exhausted.

He had gone out and bought himself two packs of twenty-four cans. He wanted to forget everything that happened earlier: the argument, the break up, the searching, the regret, and most importantly, the heartbreaking scene of Jooeun hugging another for comfort.

Swallowing his saliva, L.Joe leaned forward and grabbed another can. He poppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter