I Do

Bye Bye Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

One month later…

 

“This one is nice.” Mrs. Choi smiled.

Mrs. Lee nodded in agreement, “It is nice but I feel like it’s not the right one.”

Mrs. Choi nodded, “I feel the same way.”

Jooeun shook her head, “Umma, Mrs. Lee-” “Ay, what did I say about calling me?” Mrs. Lee cut her off.

A small giggle emitted from Jooeun’s lip, “Omonim.”

Mrs. Lee beamed and nodded, “I like it.”

“Why are you two making it so difficult? I think this dress is fine.” Jooeun ran her fingers along her stomach.

“Yes it is nice, but it isn’t the one. When picking a wedding dress, you want it to be the perfect one so that you don’t regret it later on.” Mrs. Lee remarked.

Jooeun shook her head with a smile. “Then should I go try on the next one?” She asked.

The two older woman nodded.

------

A knock came at Jooeun’s door.

Jooeun looked up from her laptop, “Come in.”

The door opened and stepped in Chunji with a smile on his lip.

Jooeun immediately smiled seeing him.

“Chanhee oppa.” She set down her laptop and climb off her bed.

Chunji chuckled and opened his arms for her.

Jooeun giggled and jumped into his arms. He spun her around causing her to let out a gleeful laugh.

Chunji set her back down on her feet and kissed her forehead, “How was dress shopping today?”

“Tiring.” She pouted.

Chunji chuckled and lightly tweaked her nose, “Aigoo, why must you be so cute?”

Jooeun wrinkled her nose causing him to laugh heartily. Then he suddenly knelt down so that he was leveled with her stomach.

Jooeun’s eyes widened, “Chanhee oppa.”

He glanced up at her before looking at her flat abdomen. “How are you doing, baby? Are you tired like your mommy too?”

There was silence that answered his questions, but he didn’t mind because he was with the woman he love and he was going to be a father soon. Biological or not, he love the child no matter what.

Jooeun shook her head as she brushed his bangs out of his eyes, “How was class today?”

Chunji stood back up and shrugged, “Okay. I wish you were there though.”

“Aigoo, Chanhee oppa, we’re not in high school anymore.” Jooeun clucked her tongue.

“Are you sure? Because I feel like I’m still in high school.” He grinned.

Jooeun shook her head as she let out a small laugh, “Yes I’m very sure.”

Chunji chuckled and circled his arms around her waist bringing her closer to him. “Three more weeks and we’ll be pronounced husband and wife.”

Jooeun’s expression fell a bit.

Chunji noticed it. He tilted his head to get a better look at her face, “Is something wrong?”

Jooeun lifted her head and looked up into his curious eyes. She gave him a meek smile and shook her head, “No nothing’s wrong. “

“Are you…still thinking about Byunghun?” He mustered to ask.

Jooeun felt her heart squeeze hearing that name that she hadn’t said for the past month.

Chunji cupped her face as he caressed her cheeks with his thumb, “It’s okay. You don’t have to feel guilty about anything, Jooeun-ah. It’s only been a month so I’m not expecting you to forget him already and love me. Take your time, I can wait.”

Jooeun’s eyes began to blur as tears evaded her eyes.

Chunji chuckled and wiped away her tears that threatened to fall. “You really are a crybaby nowadays, aren’t you?”

Jooeun sniffed and slapped his shoulder causing him to laugh.

Chunji rested his forehead against hers, “Don’t stress about it anymore Jooeun-ah. I don’t want anything to happen to you and the baby.”

Jooeun nodded as she wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him.

Chunji smiled and wrapped his arms around her body, resting his cheek on the side of her head.

“Thank you Chanhee oppa. Thank you.” She whispered.

Chunji gave her a light squeeze, “Anything for you.”

------

“So she’s really getting married, huh?” L.Joe asked bitterly although he knew the answer.

Niel nodded, “She is. It’s only one week away.”

L.Joe nodded as he stared ahead of him blankly.

“Are you…going?” Niel asked cautiously.

L.Joe shook his head, “If I go, I’m just going to ruin their day. I don’t want her to be unhappy because I’m there. I just want her to be happy.”

Niel nodded, “I know, I know. Your last wish is for Jooeun to be happy. I know. You’ve told me more than a million times. I won’t forget it.”

L.Joe cracked a small smile.

Niel chuckled and patted his shoulder, “It’s nice to finally see you smile again, hyung. It’s been too long.”

“It’s only been a month Niel. Stop complaining.” L.Joe rolled his eyes.

Niel shrugged, “Okay then. Don’t say that I’ve never complemented you because I just did.”

“Go away. I need to write music. You’re distracting me.” L.Joe flicked his wrist.

“Okay. Just call if you need me.” Niel grinned.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Go.” He nodded towards the door.

Niel rolled his eyes and made his way out of the apartment.

When the door closed, L.Joe heaved a sigh and leaned back in the couch.

His heart still ached, too much for his liking. He was reminded of him and Jooeun every day for the past month. Even though Jooeun had had Chunji come and get her stuff from the apartment, just being in the apartment made him remember their memories together and it killed him each time he thought about them b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter