Second

Doors

“Did you hear that?” Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol’s arm until the taller boy paid attention.

“What?”

“Someone entered the room next to ours.”

“Yeah?” The tall boy gave him a weird look. “What’s so special about that?”

 

“It’s her!” Baekhyun whispered. “I have to see her!”

 

Baekhyun stood up to leave the room, when the manager hyung stepped to him and blocked his way.

“No, you’re not going anywhere!”

 

“I’ll be back shortly! I have to see her…even if it’s for 1 second.” Baekhyun explained, but the hyung grabbed his wrist.

“No, Baekhyun…please…we have to leave for the fan signing now. You can’t leave now.”

“But…”

“It’s about your fans…it’s your career!” The manager pointed out and Baekhyun finally gave in.

 

“You’re really okay?” Suho, who sat next to Baekhyun, asked. “You have a frown on your face since we’ve left the hotel.”

“I’m fine…don’t you worry about me.” Baekhyun looked at a happy girl in front of him and smiled.

 

“Oppa you are so handsome!” She said and handed him a sheet of paper, which he should sign. The same procedure every time a fan was standing in front of him.

Some of them even asked him questions, but the only thing Baekhyun wanted was this whole thing to be over, so he can return back to the hotel. To finally see her.

 

It has already been months since he had seen her.

Each time they were talking on the phone, his heart will ache, knowing he won’t be able to see her due to his tight schedule.

He doesn’t even find enough time to sleep.

 

She was always worried about him, but Baekhyun always told her he is fine.

He definitely is not.

When he lay in bed at night, the only dream he had, was about him being together with her, tightly embracing her, not letting her go again. Then in the morning, he would wake up with an empty spot next to him.

 

“I could probably text her!” Baekhyun said and Suho shrugged. He was talking to a cute little girl, while he overheard Baekhyun’s word.

Baekhyun nodded and put his left hand into his pocket. Then he put his right hand in his right pocket.

No phone anywhere.

He widened his eyes. ‘Don’t tell me I’ve forgot my phone in the hotel.’

 

Baekhyun stood up and also checked his back pockets, but his phone wasn’t there either.

 

“You can use mine!” Luhan suggested. The Chinese boy had been watching Baekhyun for some time.

“No, that’s not it…I…I don’t have her number here…” Baekhyun placed his head on his palms. “I must be a terrible boyfriend.”

 

“You’re not…don’t say such things…you are an awesome friend, so I suppose you are an awesome boyfriend, too!” Luhan said, trying to cheer the other boy up.

“Thanks for your encouragement, Lu-hyung.”

 

 

They talked to each other on the phone yesterday after EXO arrived in Hong Kong until Baekhyun couldn’t keep his eyes opened any longer.

‘At least she’d told me she would book the room next to ours.’ Baekhyun had thought before he fell asleep.

 

 

After the fan signing everybody stood up and Baekhyun nudged Kris’s arm.

“Are we going back to the hotel now?” He asked the tall Chinese boy, but Kris shook his head.

 

“We’re getting to this magazine photo shooting now.”

Baekhyun nodded and rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Look relaxed! You are trying to sell the new collection!” The photographer said, while he was taking pictures of Baekhyun and the other boys. “You have to look more comfortable! Baekhyun! Smile!”

 

Baekhyun glared at the camera and curled his lip corners upwards, but the smile didn’t last long.

 

 

“Can’t we just hurry and finish?” Baekhyun complained to Xiumin. They were just changing into new outfits.

Xiumin put off his shirt. “You have to try and look happy.”

He tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Or do you want to see yourself frown in the magazine?”

 

The younger boy shook his head.

‘Hyung was right.’

 

“I you do well now, we’ll be finished sooner and you can go and see her” Xiumin pointed out.

Baekhyun put on the new sweater.

 

 

“Let’s get back to the hotel and rest.” Luhan laid his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “I can’t tell you how tired I am.”

“Sleep a little. I’ll wake you up when we’ve arrived.” Sehun suggested and covered his hyung’s body with his jacket.

 

Everybody was exhausted except Baekhyun. While he looked tired earlier, he was totally awake now.

 

“I’ll meet her again!” Baekhyun smiled. “She will be there.”

 

“Shht…Shut up, Luhannie wants to sleep.” The maknae glared at him and Baekhyun stopped.

But nothing could stop him from smiling during the whole drive to the hotel.

 

 

I stopped reading, when I heard footsteps in front of the door, followed by someone knocking the door.

I put a wooden bookmark inside the book, marking the letters I’ve already read and slowly stood up, wondering who was bothering me in the middle of my evening reading session.

 

 

When they’ve arrived, Baekhyun hurriedly ran out of the car towards her room.

But before he knocked at her hotel room door, he stood in front of it and looked down at his feet.

Baekhyun deeply breathed in. ‘I’ll see her! Only this wooden door is between us!’

 

The boy smiled and knocked.

 

 

A beautiful girl opened the door and Baekhyun immediately wrapped his arms around her

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

Baekhyun pushed her further into the room and he closed the door behind them.

 

I should have messaged you.”

 

The boy stepped one step back and looked at his girl. Baekhyun’s slender hands took hers.

 

“I can’t explain how much I’ve missed you. I should have quit everything just to see you.”

 

With his left hand he brushed her long black hair out of her face and noticed clear tears slowly running down her white cheeks.

 

“I should have told you more often.”

 

He weakly smiled and kissed her tears away.

 

That

 

Baekhyun slightly brushed his lips over her light pink lips.

 

I love you.