The Remote Control

Life As This Little Monster's Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life As This Little Monster's Daddy

Chapter 1: The Remote Control

 

Inside the bright white room, there we had the daddy and the little monster, busily doing their own thing. The daddy was working on his paperwork while the daughter was giving her full attention to the animated movie on the T.V.

“Lauren, can you close the AC?" Being cold, he called for his daughter in a loud voice. The daughter looked at her daddy angrily because he interrupted her. The daughter took the remote control and hit close.

“Thanks, babe.” Her daddy thanked her with a big smile on his face and turned back to the screen. Wanting to take revenge, Lauren hit the open button and ran downstairs with the remote control.

Tim turned back but saw no one. “LAUREN!!!” He ran downstairs after Lauren to get the remote back. Lauren, on the other hand, being smart, she hided the remote control under the pillow on the sofa. She took the T.V remote control instead and waited for her daddy’s arrival.

Tim came down and demanded, “Lauren give me back the remote control.” Unfortunately, his demand didn’t work for Lauren; instead, she stuck her tongue out at her daddy and made some funny faces.

“Lauren, I count from 1 to 3. If you don’t give me, then….then…I will hide your toys.” Lauren looked away, pretended not to hear anything. “1…..2…..2.5….2.5….2.75” Lauren gave her daddy a bored look. “3!” Tim quickly started chasing Lauren endlessly until… “Ouch” He tripped the table and fell down to the ground. He was wincing in pain on the floor as Lauren laughed loudly at her poor daddy.

Jessica who was in the bathroom the entire time rushed out and was shocked to see her husband on the floor, wincing in pain while the daughter was laughing. She knew what happened. She sighed and helped her husband up.

“What was going on?” asked Jessica in an angry voice. Lauren who was scared at her mommy gulped and looked at her mommy in fear. “She told the A.C remote control.” he said while looking at the girl worriedly.. Even though Lauren was naughty, he couldn’t help but to pity the girl. Jessica was extremely strict and protective toward the little girl.

“No, I didn’t!” shot back Lauren with her pouty face. Tim was taken by her response. Maybe he shouldn’t have pity her. This girl was totally a monster. Meanwhile, Jessica paid attention to the remote control on Lauren’s hand. “Lauren, what’s on your hand?”

Lauren showed the remote control to her mommy as Tim widened his eyes, “It can’t be.” He muttered. “It’s TV remote control not AC’s.” clarified Jessica while looking at her husband suspiciously. “But I saw she took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter