9) Heechul & You

ZE:A oneshots

"Hey.  __-ah , have you gotten a date?" My friend,Mina whispered as she nudged my arm.  I looked at her, "Nope,have you?". Her eyes immediately glistened in excitement, "Yeah! Siwan asked me out. It was like a dream come true. I've always had a crush on him,that moment was amazing.........." As she continued talking ,I was deep in my thoughts...I wish Heechul knew how I felt about him. It that I never really had the courage to confess my crush. Actually,I did. I gave him a letter a few days ago,but he never replied or acknowledged it...maybe I should try---" ___-ah! Are you even listening? Aish,are you thinking about Heechul again? You better make the first move and ask him out on the valentines ball dance held this sunday. Waiting for him to make a move is almost like waiting for a mountain to walk. Imposssible. Aish. Forget it,let's head to class."

When we reached the class,I took the seat next to Heechul. It was free seating ,the teacher never really bothered. It was nice sitting beside Heechul, we used to be great friends and talked a lot. But he suddenly just started becoming distant and gradually stopped talking to me. I never really knew why... "Okay class. Today,for chemistry, we'll be doing an experiment. You shall all pair up with your partner who is sitting beside you." I literally jumped for joy. Great! Maybe,I could take this opportunity to ask Heechul out this Sunday.  "Clear the tables! I don't want any chemical solutions to spill on to your stationary or papers!" The teacher yelled. As Heechul went forward to collect the experiment apparatus , I placed both our papers below the table.  There was a particular piece of paper which caught my eye.   ' If you ever only knew,   How much I love you  What I feel for you. If you only lived for me,the way I lived for you. I'd be so happy and my dreams would have came through  in heaven and all my dreams would come true. Cause all I've ever wanted is you only and you alone. And I love you so,more then you could ever know. All I've ever wanted is you.' ...What the heck? Heechul was writing a love song? For whom? "What do you think you're doing?!" Heechul snapped as he snatched the paper away from my hands. "You wrote this?" I asked him,out of curiosity. He nodded,although he tried to look angry,I could tell he was just shy. "Hmmmm,I wonder who that special girl is...." Although my heart was sinking,I still wanted to find out who that lucky girl was. How I wish he would say "you". Please God. Please. He smiled shyly, " It's a surprise...by the way,you are going to the valentines ball dance,this sunday,right? " I nodded and said , "But I have no partner to go with me...". I was hoping he was going to pop the question now. "Cool! I'm not going to get a date either,so let's both go without a date. Just single and available. Ok?" He asked,a smile playing on his lips. I was upset beyond words,I just looked away,preparing for the experiment.

----Sunday 5pm------

*knock knock knock*  "___-ah! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR. NOW. RIGHT THIS MINUTE!" Ohmy god,Mina. "What", I asked as I opened the door. She gasped in shock when she saw the state I was in - hair messed up ,face not washed , clothes crumpled. She took a deep breath, "You do know today is the Valentines ball dance,right? Then why are you in this STATE?!" I shrugged my shoulders, "Im not going. What's the point,I have no date anyway." Mina glared at me, "Heechul?".  "He is going,alone. I even saw a love song he wrote for a girl. Maybe,its time to give up on this crush that isn't going anywhere." I could see pity in her eyes as she leaned in and gave me a hug. "Awwww. Don't feel so bad. Come on. Let's just go and ask him about his feelings towards you today ,and settle this once and for all. But first,I have to doll you up. You look pathetic." After an hour and a half of Mina's dolling up,I was looking so pretty,even I could hardly believe my eyes. "There you go. Such a pretty girl you are. If Heechul ever rejects you,its his loss. Now,let's go. Siwan is getting really impatient,haha." She said,winking to me.

------7pm-----

We reached the school in no time. We went up to the hall where our annual valentines ball was held.  The more I brood over Heechul,the more I started to regret this decision. Maybe,I shouldn't have came. Maybe,I'm going to have to go home with a broken heart. Maybe, I can't do this. I suddenly felt a warm hand over mine. "You aren't eating? It's buffet,for goodness sake. I've helped you get some rice and the other dishes." I turned to my right,Heechul was right beside me,smiling as he passed me a plate filled with dishes. I was thankful as I tried to force a smile although it just made me look awkward. He looked at me gobble up the food. "Haha,you're so cute. You have some crumbs on your lips." He moved his hand closer to me and used his thumb to press against my lips,wiping them. My heart rate was so rapid I thought I was going to have a heart attack. "Do...do you have feelings for me?" I asked,confused. "You'll have your answer soon~" He said in a sing-song voice as he walked away. After the buffet,there was a dance performance. The teacher-in-charge then walked up the stage "Good evening,ladies and gentlemen! I hope you're all having a great time at the valentines ball. Next up,we are going to have a very special performance by Heechul ,he will be singing a self-composed song named 'all i've ever wanted' " Heechul walked up the stage,everyone was clapping enthusiastically,he started singing in the most beautiful voice ever heard by man: 

If you only knew

what I feel for you

If you only lived for me

The way I lived for you

I'd be in heaven

and all my dreams would come true.

 

'Cause all I've ever wanted

is you and you alone

And I love you so

More than you could ever know

All I've ever wanted is you.

 

If you were my own

To caress and hold

I would shower you with love

And drown within your soul

'cause I live and breathe for you

And I really need you to know

 

That all I've ever wanted

Is you and you alone

And I love you so

More than you could ever know

All I've ever wanted is you.

 

Everything I do is for you

And you are every part of me

And I don't want to face another day

Alone,without your love.

 

'Cause all I've ever wanted

Is you and you alone

And I love you so

More than you could ever know

All I've ever wanted is you

All I've ever wanted is you

Is you,you.

 

Heechul's voice was warm and flowing like hot chocolate, and everyone seemed to relax as he sang. Everyone clapped for him after he finished. He smiled as he leaned in to the mic and said,"This song is dedicated to a special someone. I have liked her for quite awhile now. I never had the guts to confess,I didn't know whether she felt the same way about me. But I saw her confession a few days ago. I was so happy,I thought I was going to fly to the moon. But I felt,no girl should have to propose to a guy,this way. So I rushed and wrote this song in a mere 4 days,so I could confess to her today. This special girl is ___."    Mina looked towards me, many other gazes followed her eyes trying to see who was this ___. I was still trying to get over the shock of this when Heechul walked up to me. He kneeled on one knee and held the lyric sheet in his hands. "I want to give this lyric sheet to you as a present...will you be my girl?" I was ecstatic,and started to tear up, "This was such a beautiful surprise. Of course I would love to be your girlfriend." He stood up,his hands wrapping around my waist as he pressed his forehead on mine.  His warm breath swept against my cheeks as he confessed,"I love you so much. I'm sorry I started to ignore you,I was afraid you didn't have feelings for me and it was a one-sided love. I promise,I'll be a better man. I won't make you sad ever again." He slowly started to lower his lips on mine.

 

 

The wonderful song was : All I've ever wanted - By Mariah Carey ^^ And yeah,this marks the end for my oneshot. Thanks everyone~ <3