7

Psychic Detective Im

Nana had decided to take the DJ to her apartment that night since it was getting late already. Lizzy, the DJ didn't argue with her more, she just didn't want to, or else she could murder a very pretty officer/psychic detective which it would shorten her life for doing so. Nana drove back to her office.

"Guess, I have to see that old man not even to my liking to see a erted old coroner like him. It just gives me chills whenever I see him. I wonder how Chief Lee handles him." Nana said as she locked her office door, before positioning herself to sleep on the couch.

 

The next morning, Lizzy headed to work again and before she could even enter the building. A lady, approached her and she squinted her eyes. She was so familiar, she thought to herself until she called her name.

"Lizzy! Wait!"

"Huh? Yes, what I could help?" Lizzy asked her, but she had a feeling that she knew the lady. The only problem she couldn't remember where.

"Don't you remember me? This is Eunji your classmate in junior years." Lizzy's face brightened up when she remembered her friend back then. She hugged her tightly and the same as Eunji.

"Eunji? Long time no see how are you now? I haven't seen you in years, so what are you up to these days?" She asked after letting her go.

"I'm working as a DJ in Tokyo, and my boss have given me holidays, so I'm back here for a while in Korea. "

"Good, good, I envy you, since Japan is nice too. I want to go there if they will give me holidays somewhere in the future." Eunji smiled.

"You should, when is your work starts?" She asked.

"Well, later I have still an hour before I go on air, so come."

Both of them entered the building and Lizzy took her old friend in the lounge. Lizzy bought for the both of them drinks before continuing their little chit chat.

"How's life by the way? And how come you have bags under your eyes? Been sleeping late, lately? You should give yourself a rest." Lizzy asserted.

"Oh yeah, been having problems since last night. I almost died actually." Lizzy almost spilled her coffee and looked at her friend, dumbfounded.

"What? How? Aren't you supposed to be enjoying your days here in Seoul."

"I should be. Last night I was by the riverbank near to my parents house, just killing sometime." Lizzy nodded and montioning her to continue. "Then, I don't know if you are going to believe me."

"Try me." Lizzy assured her.

"A young school girl was floating on the river right in front of me. I was shocked and sat there, unmoving. A moment later, a cold hand dragged me down the river. Then tried to drown me." Eunji cried a little and Lizzy caressed her back.

"But be thankful you are still alive." Eunji brushed a tear or two.

"Yeah, if it wasn't for the worker at the floodgate I'd be long gone. The only thing is after the almost losing my own life at the river bank. The ghost that I saw that night was haunting me in dreams and this strap on my phone suddenly appeared." Eunji showed the strap with letters written in every small cubes which it said Kyungri which Eunji thought that it belonged to the ghost in the river. "Not only in my dreams, but even alone in my room and I can feel someone is with me as if she bore her eyes on my back. Please, help me, I have heard that you know someone at the police station department who is good at fixing this kind of problem,  please help me." Eunji pleaded. Lizzy was only grinning bitterly and not knowing what to say.

"I'm not sure, Eunji, I'm not sure." Lizzy said.

"But I will leave this strap to you, and I think that ghost will leave me in an instant. I hope, if I leave it to you." 

Now, Lizzy regretted asking Eunji's problem. Lizzy spoke to her so awkwardly, and she clearly didn't want to accept her request. Before they parted ways, Lizzy discreetly smacked her forehead either she had to face that arrogant officer or do it herself that was she thought.  

 

Nana, visited the place of the coroner. Firstly, she hated the place. Secondly, she didn't like the coroner and not to mentioned, a ert. Thirdly, she hated the smell of the dead bodies. She at least suggested once if a visitor comes he needed to spray his whole place using the whole bottle of perfume to erase the nasty smell or maybe it was only her complaining, because her nose was kind of sensitive. Either way she still didn't like the place.

Nana rang the door bell until he opened the door seeing him smiling from ear to ear.

"Good morning officer Im, come in." Nana only nodded her head before turning into scowl as he turned his back. "What brings you here?"

"Did you receive a man's body probably around my age and probably died one or two days ago?" Yang, the coroner placed his index while tapping his chin.

"I think there is," Nana followed him and sat one of the couches around the coroner's place, a living room more likely. A book shelf was situated to her right while the hallway to her left would bring them to his lab. "A young lad was sent here, because he didn't reach the hospital early after he got into an accident."

"Do you have his picture and his information?"

Nana prompted and the coroner nodded. He took a folder out of his book shelf and turned the pages before setting the folder on the table in front of Nana.

"Bang Minsoon is his name, a law student at Yonsei, 22 years old." The coroner said.

"That's him." And Nana was sure that was the ghost who was possessing Lizzy's friend. The coroner raised a brow at her after she stated and as if indicated that she knew the guy. "Do you know more about him?" She asked again.

"No, I only know some of his background as the cop who handled it just told me."

"Do you still have the body?" The coroner shook his head.

"His said guardians took his body and crimated him. And for some reasons his mom is so indifferent even knowing her son died. She even said that it was good to see him gone." Nana knitted her eyebrows.

"There are reasons to treat him like that. I guess, I have to go back at the station to ask that officer. What's his name?" The coroner laughed.

"Can't remember at all." He laughed again. "It seems a rookie to me." Nana only hissed and held her forehead.

"Well, thanks a bunch for all this whole information, it helps really, but next time remember the name of the officers you encounter." Yang only smiled and waved good bye to his frequent visitor, Nana.

Nana drove back to the police station and the cop who served at the front desk told her that the DJ was there again waiting for her. Nana headed to her way to see Lizzy waiting impatiently on her favourite couch. Nana smirked.

"Back? I have your money ready to be back in you-" Lizzy cut her off.

"I'm not here for the money you can keep if that's my fee for helping me, at least." Lizzy said with a pout.

"Oh geez, stop pouting it gives me chills." Nana's face darkened and Lizzy felt her blood boiling already especially in the morning.

"Yah! Can you stop pissing me off?"

"Well, I'm not, totally not, I'm here being so honest to you. You should thank me at least." Nana only arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms smiling weakly towards the brown head. Lizzy only ignored it before she could kill an officer right in front of her and especially at the police station.

"Anyways, my friend gave this to me before starting my shift." Lizzy revealed the strap in her hand. "My friend saw a ghost at the riverbank that almost costed her life. The workers at the floodgate saved her and when she got home. She noticed the strap in her phone which wasn't there before." Nana only nodded.

"And yes, that sums up to the fee for helping your friend who has gotten possessed." The brunette felt the veins in her temple were aching already. Nana smiled even more to see her so irritated almost to the extent and it amused her so much.

"Sure! Whatever!"

Lizzy was about to take her purse out when Nana stopped her and she went closer to her face. The DJ felt her heart race to see her closer looking so damn beautiful right in front of her. Not to forget both of their faces were so closed. Lizzy voice hitched and she couldn't find her words at that moment. Nana smirked at her then weakly slapped her right cheek. Nana didn't mind as much as Lizzy being their faces so close.

"You don't need to I will help you without pulling out cash in your purse. Free of charge to pretty girls like you."

Nana said in whisper and making sure her breath hit Lizzy's lips. She could see her face turning into a pinkish colour. Nana walked towards her table as she opened the drawer and took out an envelope. She was smiling to herself to make her speechless just like that. Zipping in an instant and she was enjoying it too much.

W-W-What did she just say I'm pretty? Lizzy asked herself unsure to what she heard and she noticed herself that she was in a trance then she snapped out of it. She shook her head and she pretended to cough.

"I-I need to a-at least to pay you with your hard work." Lizzy said stammering and she just wanted to hit her head on the wall to pull out the effect on her.

"No," The blonde said. "It's fine, but here's your money." Nana threw the envelope of her money on the other day. "I'm giving it back to you." Lizzy protested, but Nana didn't accept it again.

"My salary in my job is fine. By the way, if you have some time take a little research near to the riverbank please. I have found the person who is possessing your friend. It would be great if you help me. Don't worry I have all the heavy work all you have to do is tell me what you find at the riverbank." Nana asked her and showed her the most sincere smile she had ever seen.

"But-"

"Please," Lizzy gave up finally and agreed with her.

"Remember I'm doing it for free and I promise to you to take that ghost out of your friend."

"Because you only said please." Lizzy pursing her lips.

"Thank you, Lizzy ssi." Nana said and Lizzy knew she was fooled by her. She just couldn't help it. If you weren't that pretty I wouldn't agree at all, Lizzy thought.


Finally, an update after months and thank you for the upvotes and subs, appreciate it. I'm sorry for the very slow updates just busy thinking on how to continue this which I still manage greatly LOL! So, I think I will do case in couple of chapters maybe one or two more chapters before moving to a new case? Anyways, have a nice day guys and I have only typed this on my phone, so mistakes are visible somewhere hehehe.