[5/6]

Unforgivable

I wake up to a headache and neck pains.

Over the past few days though, this seemed to be part of a daily routine. My throat was dry and I yearned badly for anything to drink. As I look around for anything, my attention wavers when I noticed I was in my own bed.

What happened?

Oh yeah, I passed out on the bathroom floor. Fantastic, now everyone knew that I was sicker than sick and they probably pitied me because of it. Right now though, I didn’t want pity. I wanted Minseok to cuddle with me while he told me to stop being whiny and that I would be perfectly fine. I wanted his “special” tea that wasn’t special at all but was just from a tea bag. I wanted my Minseok, my boyfriend.

But that wasn’t possible, because he was my ex-boyfriend. He wasn’t mine.

I can feel deep creases beginning to form on my forehead and for some reason my emotions get the better of me. I decide that I was going to blame these stupid tears on my being sick, because they were very unmanly and even if I had a cute image, I was a man. Really men like me don’t cry over losing their best friend and boyfriend. Instead, they bawl, like little babies.

And so that’s what I do. I cry for the love of my life, I cry for messing it all up, and I cry for not telling him in the first place about the stupid creeper stalker. I sit there blubbering like a little girl for a good half an hour until I had used up all my tears.

At some point, it all turned to strange sobbing noises, and I couldn’t swallow because of how bad my throat hurt. I needed water. When I look around once again, I saw next to me on the bedside table that separated both Minseok and my bed, as if it had been sent to answer my silent pleas, was a glass of water that had loud gospel ladies singing hallelujah with flashing lights and a neon sign behind it.

As I reach out for it, my back and shoulders tensed up almost instantly, but I grab the water nonetheless and drink it slowly. When I tip the glass to get the last few drops, I sigh in disappointment.

I was still really thirsty.

Because I highly doubt that I could yell out for someone to get me water, partially because I don’t know if anyone was even in the dorms and also my throat was on fire already, I decide that I should just get it myself. So, I pull off the blankets that envelope me and stand up slowly, using the bed for support.

I knew I had a fever. I had been sick before. But seriously, aren’t you supposed to keep sick people warm? Why then does it feel like living in the damn arctic? I pull my arms around my chest, awkwardly clasping my empty glass in my hand, and shuffle slowly out into the hallway.

Walking was a challenge right now. I realize this when I suddenly get very woozy at being upright. Without thinking, I grab out for the wall, heavily leaning against it so that I don’t fall. Because of my stupidity and sick brain, it doesn’t register that maybe I should continue holding onto the glass, and instead, I let it go, sending it straight to the floor.

The shattering glass was extremely loud, especially in our empty dorm. That is in the dorm that I thought was empty, which turns out it isn’t, to my great shock.

“Luhan?” a worried voice calls out from the living room area.

I hear the light tap, tap, tap of running feet coming towards me, and I remain paralyzed in my spot as I see him round the corner. Him being Kim Minseok, the person who I thought was pretending that I did not exist.

“Luhan? Are you alright?” he asks while sidestepping the hazard I had created. “You shouldn’t be up just yet, you need to rest more.”

“I wanted water,” I mumble hoarsely.

Minseok sighs and shakes his head. “Well, I could have gotten it for you silly.”

Carefully, he wraps his arm around my wait and practically carries me out and into the living room. He sets me down as if I were a porcelain doll and from the way he steps back after I’m sitting, I could tell that he doesn’t want to sit down next to me. I drop my head for a second, about to let out another round of tears which I really didn’t want to.

“Are you cold?” Minseok questions me while going to grab one of the blankets from the corner stool. “You’re shivering, Lu.”

I nod in response, even though his back was to me and watch him come and wrap the fluffy blanket around my shoulders. He holds up his index finger and dashes towards the bathroom, jumping over the general area of broken glass and comes back a second later with a thermometer. One that I find being stuck in my mouth and uncomfortably stabbing the underside of my tongue.

“Leave that in your mouth until it starts beeping,” Minseok orders me. “I’m going to go start some water for tea and make you something to eat.”

He bounds out of the room once again, this time going into the kitchen and I watch him sadly as he leaves. This was all wrong. He was being caring and considerate to my every need, but it wasn’t how I wanted it. Probably forced into taking care of me, Minseok would rather be out doing anything but taking care of someone as pitiful as me. Yet here he was making me tea.

“Luhan, can you sit up for me?”

I open my eyes, not knowing when they had fallen shut, and look at the pair of eyes staring back at me. I must have just lain down after the beeping of the thermometer because I was on my side with the contraption in hand.  Slowly and with a little help from Minseok, I am back in a sitting position and holding a hot cup of tea. I smile at the smell while I feel my blanket from earlier being placed on my lap.

I take a small sip and stare in bewilderment as the elder sits beside me. For some reason, I get really nervous and giddy inside. It feels awkward, and I slowly continue drinking until it is all gone. Calmly, I place it in my lap and drum my fingers along the sides.

“Where are the others?” I ask cautiously.

I can feel the couch shift as Minseok moves uncomfortably. “They are at a fan signing event.”

“Why aren’t you with them?”

“Because I got stuck with Luhan duty,” he says it with a slight chuckle as if he was joking, but I still feel bad.

“I’m sorry.”

“Do you want more tea?”

Motioning to my empty cup, he smiles, but it didn’t reach his eyes. I shake my head slowly and he takes the cup from me anyways but doesn’t leave. Instead, he just sets the mug on top of the coffee table. Another awkward silence insures for a little bit until Minseok looks at the television remote longingly. Bending forward he quickly nabs the device and hands it to me.

“Would you like to watch something?” he offers with another fake smile.

“I don’t know the guy,” I say instead of answering, “the one from the noodle shop.”

I stare straight, my eyes not moving from a stain on the rug. We should really clean our floors more often. I can hear him sigh lightly as he turns the TV on, obviously not wanting to talk about him. The news comes on and Minseok stares at the words on the screen, desperately trying to comprehend some of it.

Unable to grab the remote I stand up instead, letting the blanket pool at my feet. I make sure that I don’t trip, as I move around the table and placing myself in front of the screen.

“Kim Minseok, listen to me.” I say it as sternly as I can, and the elder stops trying to see around me.

He looks into my eyes and all I can see is pain. “Luhan, can we please not talk about this right now?”

Lowering his gaze, the bun like boy fiddles with the remote and it makes me angry. He could so easily judge me and say that I was cheating, but when I tried to defend myself, I was the bad guy. I didn’t know if the heat rising to my face right now was from this newfound anger or my fever, but I did know that we were getting to the bottom of this right now.

“No,” I nearly shout. “We are going to talk about this and you are going to listen to me. I have barely eaten anything for three days and it is all because we have kept going to that stupid shop. You said I’d never have to fight alone yet you make me do just that!”

Xiumin looks as though he is about to say something, but I cut him off.

“At first I thought he was just an overzealous fan, but then I got his creepy little love notes on every single thing I got.” I pause and take a breath. From the look I’m getting, I can tell he doesn’t believe me. “Every time we go there I can’t stomach anything that’s made because I can’t forget that creepy smile plastered on his face. I have never seen that person before in my life yet you think I’m by such a repulsive person. It hurts and I mean really hurts because you take some disk’s word over mine. Even if we weren’t dating, Seok, in this same situation you would just think I had another crazy fan.”

“You pick out the little things so you can say what a terrible boyfriend I am and how I think you’re too fat or that you don’t do anything for the group when none of that is true! It hurts that you beat yourself up for no reason. I want you to know that I would never hurt you, but you just go and talk to Jongdae about how awful I am and I suffer alone.”

“Every day I have tried to look fine and that your words and actions didn’t sting, but I’m such a mess inside and I can’t take it anymore. I can’t! Why do you do this when you know it hurts me?”

The end of my outburst dies a little and ends in a much lower tone than when I had started. I feel really weak all of the sudden and let myself fall to my knees. Maybe I shouldn’t have used so much energy.

A pair of arms wrap around me and the next thing I know I am laying on the couch with my head resting on a lap, specifically the person I was just yelling at. I try and open my eyes, but they are really heavy right now so I leave them closed and just listen to the small sniffles that Minseok lets out.

“Luhan, I’m sorry,” he whispers. “I’m sorry because I know I should have listened to you, but I was too scared for the answer. I knew that I wasn’t good enough for you and that I never would be and I just assumed the worse and I got angrier and angrier. It’s my entire fault that you have been stressed and I’m so sorry for not being able to see past my idiocy.”

I don’t know why, but all I could do was let out a little chuckle. I opened my eyes as the burdensome feeling leaves me and I stare into the dark eyes that blink back sadly at me. I really wanted to sit up and hug him, but pulling him down closer to me was a lot simpler.

“Please don’t break up with me.”

It comes out pathetic and whiny, but when I attempt to peck his lips he just pulls me closer to deepen the kiss. We stay like that for a moment until he pulls away with a smile.

“Please don’t break up with me,” he counters. “I was such a jerk to you, Luhan, and I completely understand if you hate me, I will make it up to you somehow.”

I nod and pretend to ponder for a moment.

“I know what you will have to do,” I say decisively.

“Hmm?” he’s eager and I can tell from his voice he really wants to know.

Holding his hand, I nervously fiddle with his fingers and stare at the imaginary patterns I draw on him. Why was I nervous? It’s not as though he was going to laugh and mock me, so why did I have this feeling? Taking a deep breath I look up.

“You’re going to have to give me the best kiss in the entire world, and I decide,” I mumble. “So, if I don’t like it we have to keep retrying until we get it right.”

I hear him chuckle lightly as he leans over me and I shut my eyes expectantly. His hand lightly grabs hold of my chin and he kisses my lips. I could feel him smirking. As he pulls away, I smile as well.

Ruining the moment, I blink tired and let out an ugly yawn.

Minseok laughs at me and pulls the blanket up from the floor and places it over my tired body. I think I mumbled thank you and after a few more minutes I was out, still holding tightly onto his hand.

I remember getting up later to eat some soup that Minseok had made for me, and after that we watched a movie which I don’t even know what it was called. Hours later, the rest of the members came home when it was already dark out. I was too tired to talk, so I just pretended to sleep.

Xiumin had left a few minutes prior to go to the bathroom, or something, and he wasn’t back yet. I think it was Lay and Chen who came in first, but they were trying to be really quiet around me. The blanket around me was slowly removed and I’m pretty sure Yixing was about to bring me back to my room.

It was then that Minseok reappeared.

“Leave him,” he says. “I will get him.”

They argue for a minute as to who would pick me up before Xiumin just does it instead. I open my eyes slowly and cling to his neck as he shifts me in his arms.

“Don’t drop me,” I whisper.

A light peck was left on my neck as a reassurance and he slowly moves back to our bedroom. Tucking me in gently, Minseok kisses my forehead before saying goodnight. As he was about to leave, he turns back to my bed.

“I love you.”

He barely says it above a whisper, but I could still hear him. Flipping onto my side I face the door and smile at him, even if he couldn’t see it because of the dark.

“Love you too, Baozi.”

 

 

 

Chapter five! Hope you guys enjoy and please don't forget to comment! No seriously, please comment... I feel like nobody likes it or I just have a bunch of silent readers..... ;______;