Chapter 8

DISCONTINUED: You can't hide who you truly are

"Eunji are you alright?" By now, Eunji was shaking uncontrollably. They were walking towards Specialist class and Eunji suddenly started trembling like crazy. "Y-yeah, I'm fine" she stuttered. Ji-eun couldn't figure out what was wrong with Eunji as they walked into class but she soon found out.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A ruler smacked down on the table with a twack! Ji-eun jumped "You! I'm going to call you newbie! I'm In na and this is Sorin, we are the Queenkas of Angels, our mother is the teacher of this class, she has put us in charge because she will not be here for the week." What? Who the heck allows their daughters to be in charge of their own class?. "Since you're new, there are a few rules you need to know, you must obey to what we order you to do, you do not talk or fight back to us otherwise you will face severe consequences with either ourselves or our mother."

Ji-eun really didn't like the duo, their personality did not fit what they are, an angel. Not wanting to cause trouble, she nodded. In na let out a not-so-friendly smile. She turned to a fidgeting Eunji, "and you," she leaned in close "remember what I told you right?" she whispered, Eunji looked down and nodded her head nervously while Sorin giggled at her. Ji-eun didn't hear what In na said to Eunji but she was sure it wasn't nice. She looked around the class full of angels but they all had nervous looks and seemed way to obedient to the EA duo (EA is short for Evil Angel).

"Specialist class is for all supernaturals of the same species to be in one class together, in this case we are all part of one species and we learn about what we specialise in as angels."

"As you girls know, this year's annual mystic competition is near. Last year we lost to the Fairies, this year we are going to win" Ji-eun glanced at Eunji who was unbelievably silent, intently listening to Sorin.

"We are versing the female Vetala, Pixies, the female Shojo race, Amazons, Winter sprites and the Werecats. Since the Fairies and the Werewolves won last year, they will not participate in the competition. There are two parts to the competition, first we compete with talent, then with our powers.

"Sorin and I are going to perform a duet for our class performance and since we are the strongest in the class, they will also perform their powers. As for you guys, we will test each one of you with your singing skills to see who may be our back-up singers" In na announced. Hang on, we are all angels so we can all sing well, some are just better than others that's all, why does she need to test us?. "Starting with Dasom."

One by one each student would sing a short part of a song, they were all good singers but all to soon it was Ji-eun 's turn.

Loving you

Loving you is easy 'cause you're beautiful, 
And making love with you is all I wanna do.
Loving you is more than just a dream come true, 
And everything that I do, is out of loving you.

 

When she finished, everyone looked at her with shock, In na and Sorin had their mouths wide open but they regained their poise and In na cleared "next is Eunji."

A sweet, smooth voice filled Ji-eun's ears as she stared straight at Eunji.

 

Going crazy

Michin geoni wae geureoni
Ije geuman najom naebeoryeodwo
Nega boyeo sumi maghyeo
Nae nunapeseo kom sarajueojwo

 

When she finished, Sorin looked at In na who looked back and they both turned to the class. "You all are back-up singers except Ji-eun and Eunji." Sorin turned to them, "I'm sorry to tell you this but you both have awful tone, your key is totally off, Ji-eun you sang an octave higher then you were supposed to and Eunji you sang an octave lower than you were supposed to." She apologized looking nothing but apologetic. Ji-eun didn't believe, she knew that angels can't read truth from a lie from their own kind but she didn't even need to read the queenkas to know they were lying.

"Please let me perform, I'm really passionate about singing, I promise I'll practice more" Eunji pleaded. In na shook her head, "don't you see Eunji? If you can't sing now, how do you think you can possibly improve? You're a hopeless case." Eunji's eyes filled with tears, Ji-eun felt a spark of anger. She couldn't stand her friend getting criticized like that. Furiously, she stood up "excuse me, but I think she sang beautifully, what you said was a complete lie, even if I don't sing very well, I know what a good voice is when I hear it." she said trying to contain her anger. A shocked silence fell over the class, Eunji's teary eyes bulged as she watched Ji-eun, no-one has ever defied the queenkas before.

Sorin tsked, her eyes flashing gold then Ji-eun went flying back into a wall leaving her head spinning.

Eunji wanted to help her but she couldn't move. "You dare speak to us like that?" In na snorted "you deserve what you get"

Ji-eun wanted to punch the smirk off her face. She lifted her wrist, the bracelet came into view reminding her that she couldn't use her powers therefore rendering her almost useless, she faltered. "Someone to weak to fight back, I heard you were in the low class?" Sorin said slamming her into the wall again. "Stop! Please, I'm really sorry, I won't ever sing again, just don't hurt her anymore" The duo's heads turned to Eunji, then sighed letting go of Ji-eun. "Ok, you two are forbidden to sing," "I don't care what you do to me! Who are you to forbid us from singing?!?" Ji-eun shouted. In na glared at her "well we know you don't care but what about her?" She walked over to Eunji who was trembling as In na her face "you wouldn't want her to get hurt would you?" Ji-eun's eyes widened that manipulating creature! "If I hear you guys sing again or disobey us in any way, you know what will happen." Sorin said looking directly at Ji-eun as they walked out of the class "class dismissed" the other angel students left not glancing at her or Eunji. "Are you ok Ji-eun? I'm sorry I couldn't help you, I-"

"It's fine Eunji, I understand what you meant by thinking I was that 'kind of person,' and don't worry, I won't let them hurt you" Ji-eun gave her a weak smile while Eunji looked away guilty then hugging Ji-eun tightly. "Thank you for being such a good friend" she cried. Ji-eun patted her back and groaned in pain. "Oh! sorry, can you walk?" Eunji said panicked, "Yeah I think so." Eunji helped Ji-eun up, "we have music next" Even though Ji-eun loved music she didn't seem to excited about it. 

 

A/N The songs are Loving you by minnie riperton and Going crazy by Song Jieun from Secret, I do not own them. :D