The Shock

Inescapable

As he woke up, he saw nothing but white. His eyes hurt due to the lack of moisture. It took him a few blinks before he was able to look at his surroundings. He heard a strange beeping sound. He was in a hospital.  He saw Chen clasp his hands with his own. He saw it but he couldn’t feel it. How long has he been there? After all that resting, he still felt sleepy. He then gave in to darkness’ awaiting arms. When he woke up again, he saw that Chen was no longer there. He panicked. Looking around for him. he then pondered about. Feeling alone, he walked out of his hospital room to look about and surveyed his surroundings.

When Chen came out of the bathroom, his heart took an amazing leap followed by continuous rapid beats of the heart. His Xiumin was not there! Where could he be? He knew that particular nurse was up to no good. he just knew she was trying to get her grubby paws on his Xiumin. He just knew it and he let it happen.

 

Xiumin was walking back to his room after getting a drink from the water cooler. Opening the door, he only saw a blurred figure rushing towards him. He didn’t even realise who or what it was until it hugged him. Chen felt a wave of relief as he saw Xiumin .The only natural thing left to do is to scold him. ‘why did you leave ? Do you know how worried i was? I didn’t even know you woke up! And the rest was a blur of words to Xiumin. Oh how glad he was to be back. He hued Chen back and effectively shut him up.’ I only went out because i was thirsty’ Xiumin said in Chen’s shoulder. Chen felt another rant coming out of his mouth. Inhaling deeply he started his rant ‘Why didn’t you see the flask on the table? You could just ask one of the nurses!’ and another string of words escaped his mouth. 

 

After a few hours, the whole of EXO was there. He felt touched. He really didn’t expect everyone to be there. He learnt that he was unconscious for two days. The doctors’ still couldn’t find anything wrong with him. The manager gave him two more days of rest and if the symptoms didn’t show themselves again, he has to go back to work. Chen took many precautions in that two days. Xiumin wasn’t even allowed to take a bath alone!

 

After the two days, his schedule was resumed as normal. Waking up early just wasn’t usual to him now. It was tough but Chen got him to wake up. After having their breakfast, they had to shoot a new music video. The one they had been working on for about a month now. A van came to pick them up. They were supposed to shoot on top of a building today. Xiumin actually felt excited for this shoot. It’s not everyday that you get to shoot on top of a building. They wanted to get a sunrise shot from each and everyone of the EXO members. So they had to work fast.

 

As they arrived at the venue, everyone was amazed by the amount of people buzzing around to get everything ready. Xiumin almost felt like a queen. They prepped all the members by applying makeup and dressing them. When they were done, they continued to shoot. Xiumin never remembered shooting being so tough. Seriously. NEVER.

Well, they were finished now, and the sun was already up. So they did what they had to do in time. No delays. Xiumin thank god for that. He has been prolonging their shoot for quite some time now due to his trip to the hospital.

 

All the EXO members then had to pose for a picture for ‘memories’ as what the manager says.  They were posing dangerously close to the edge of the building. Chen then shouted suddenly gripping tightly onto his ears. In the midst of his excruciating pain, he felt his body throw off balance. Xiumin saw Chen falling off the building. "No!!!!!" xiumin shouted as Chen fell off the building. The others just stared in shock at what was happening. Xiumin then reached out to Chen. He knew that he wasn’t in time. He knew he lost him. He closed his eyes fearing the worst. ‘Hyung’ baekhyun said, snapping out of his daze. Xiumin opened his eyes shocked at what he saw. Ice was attaching himself and Chen’s wrist together. He was shocked but somewhat relieved. He was safe. That was all that matters for now.

 

‘ HYUNG!’ Why didn’t you tell me that you had powers?’ Sehun said.

 

Luhan said that he would never have to use a fridge again!

 

Kris smacked Luhan’s head

 

Xiumin can’t help but feel worried for a certain member.

Seeing that all the members didn’t really care about what happened just now raised a question in his head ‘Why were they so calm about this?’ but that was the least of his priorities now.

 

EXO went back to their dorms. Where Xiumin took Chen to his bedroom. ‘Should we tell them?’ asked Suho ‘No. Not yet’ answered Kris.

 

‘He’s awake!’yelled Xiumin ‘Chen’s awake!’ he yelled from the door as Chen walked out. He woke up much earlier that Xiumin. He only was unconscious for 3 hours. The leaders of EXO continued to debate on the issue privately. Xiumin was still preoccupied with Chen to notice anything. 

 

A/N: So... I am planning to add another pairing into this story... Can anyone guess who it is?