Stormy Confession

The Days of Caffeine and Candy Kisses
Three in the morning and he was still wide awake. Doojoon had been passed out for hours, his back to Yoseob’s side in bed. They’d argued for almost an hour over whether they’d share the bed. Yoseob had been fully prepared to sleep on the floor. Doojoon refused to allow it, and had seemed a little confused by the smaller boy’s sudden change in behavior. When it had looked like he was going to ask about it, Yoseob quickly caved and agreed to share the bed just so the question couldn’t be posed. 
 
Now he was stuck staring at the ceiling, listening to the wind howl outside and the almost constant patter of rain. It probably wasn’t as loud as it was for the people who lived on the top floor, but it was still noisy. Every now and then the wind would shift and a sudden gust would send a flurry of rain smacking against the window like bullets, and Doojoon would turn over with an incoherent mumble in his sleep.
 
So far he’d turned over twelve times in three hours and had started to snore once. 
 
The rain pelted the window suddenly, and like clockwork Doojoon turned over. Yoseob closed his eyes and sighed softly, waiting for the mumble to come next.
 
It didn’t.
 
“Yoseob? You awake?” Doojoon’s voice was deep and thick with sleep.
 
Cracking an eye just a little bit, Yoseob was able to make out the form beside him. Doojoon was staring at him, eyes squinting in the dark as he rubbed at one with a hand. Yoseob started to turn over, ready to pretend he was asleep in the hope that Doojoon would go back to sleep.
 
“Yah,” Doojoon smacked at his shoulder. “I know you’re awake. I saw you open your eye.”
 
Yoseob frowned and huffed, giving up. While Doojoon fell to rubbing both eyes, he sat up and pulled his knees to his chest under the comforter. “I’ve been awake.”
 
Doojoon frowned at his back and leaned on an elbow. “How long?”
 
One shoulder shrugged in response, and Yoseob turned his gaze onto the window, watching the rain and lightning outside. “Awhile.”
 
“Are you scared or something?”
 
“No,” Yoseob barely held back a snort at that, knowing if he didn’t and it came out the wrong way Doojoon might be offended.
 
“Then what’s up?” Doojoon shifted in the bed and pulled himself up to lean against Yoseob’s pillows. “Raining too loud?”
 
Yoseob shook his head, wincing when he heard the irritated sigh from behind him. How could he tell Doojoon that it had nothing to do with the storm and everything to do with the taller boy being in his bed? At least for now there was a little more room between them… When they’d both been laying down he’d been in hell. He’d never realized it before, but Doojoon ran hot. It had been like sleeping with his own personal heater, and the guy had barely even touched him.
 
“Seobie…” Doojoon trailed off momentarily after using the nickname he normally refrained from voicing aloud. Leaning forward, he put a hand on the smaller teen’s shoulder, blinking in surprise to see his body stiffen in response. “Yoseob, what’s wrong?”
 
“Nothing,” Yoseob grumbled, looking down at the comforter as a flash of lightning lit the bedroom for a few seconds. 
 
Doojoon hesitated, then shook his head and gripped Yoseob’s shoulder more firmly, giving a tug as he leaned forward and hooked the other arm around his waist from behind. “Not buying it. Come on.”
 
Yoseob’s eyes widened. “Yah!” He whispered, barely keeping himself from letting out a shout as the taller male pulled him backwards in bed. “W-What-”
 
“Until you tell me what’s up, I’m holding you hostage,” Doojoon cut in smoothly, and continued to pull until the older boy was in between his legs. He locked both his arms around Yoseob’s front and rested his chin on his shoulder, looking at the window. It would drive Yoseob insane not to be able to move. From what he’d noticed, the kid was used to nearly constant movement. If this didn’t work, nothing would.
 
Yoseob sat frozen at first, in shock at the treatment. Usually Doojoon tolerated Yoseob hanging all over him with a kind of unspoken resignation. He never initiated contact to this extent himself. “Doojoon..”
 
“Mm.” Doojoon’s response was husky and obviously tired.
 
“C-Can you let go please?”
 
“Uh-uh..” Doojoon yawned and shifted, readjusting his hold so he was more comfortable. 
 
Yoseob swallowed and tried to ignore the searing heat against his back. Why had he gone to bed without a shirt on?! Tonight should have been the one night he should have chosen to wear something instead of doing the norm! And Doojoon wasn’t wearing a shirt either… He closed his eyes and tried to hunch forward a little, hoping to break some of the contact. 
 
Doojoon’s arms tightened and tugged him resolutely right back into place. “Hostage, remember?”
 
“Doojoon… come on…” Yoseob mumbled a little uneasily. 
 
No answer.
 
Yoseob felt his face starting to heat up in embarrassment and swallowed again. “I-I’m not used to anyone in my bed.” He stammered. It was a total lie; he’d had friends stay over and could sleep just about anywhere. 
 
“But you and Kikwang..” Doojoon started, and inwardly Yoseob groaned. Of course Doojoon would remember how cuddly Kikwang could be when it came to Yoseob…
 
He exhaled sharply, frustrated and embarrassed. “I’m not used to you in my bed, okay? Can you let go now?”
 
Doojoon was silent, but his arms loosened just a little and he sat up a bit straighter. The admission had gotten his attention. After a minute of listening to the rain and Yoseob’s nervous breathing, he frowned, angling himself so he could see the other’s face. “But you hang all over me.”
 
“I know..” Yoseob muttered, ducking his head down and shifting uncomfortably. His ears were starting to get warm now, too. When he spoke again, his voice was almost inaudible. “But you’re always fully clothed..”
 
The rain started pouring harder, and for what felt like an eternity the two simply sat there. Just when Yoseob was starting to wonder if he’d ever be let go, Doojoon’s arms pulled away. He sighed quietly in relief and started to shift, ready to move forward and get some space again.
 
He’d barely moved an inch when Doojoon grabbed his arm and pulled. Yoseob turned his head, opening his mouth to protest.
 
Doojoon’s mouth captured his own before he could make a sound.