Back to Basics

The Days of Caffeine and Candy Kisses

It felt so good to be back, even if it had only been a matter of days since he'd last danced. Dropping to the floor, Yoseob lay on his back and stared up at the ceiling. Only a few days and he was already out of breath so quickly.. he'd have to work even harder to get back to normal. He couldn't afford to fall behind the others if he wanted to debut. He needed to prove he would work hard no matter what the circumstances.

 

Unfortunately his vocal lessons were being done alone. Kikwang had not only succumbed to the cold, he'd been completely wiped out by it. He was still resting at home. Junhyung said his fever was going down. 

 

There was a surprise if he'd ever seen one. Junhyung spent a lot of time with Kikwang. While the two were nowhere near as close as Yoseob and Kikwang were, Junhyung still spent most of his free time practicing with the younger boy. They got along pretty well.

 

"You're early."

 

Yoseob rolled onto his stomach and watched as Doojoon dumped his backpack in a corner and proceeded to stretch. Propping his chin in one hand, he shrugged. "I wanted to get some practice in before you guys got here."

 

"Addict." Doojoon snorted.

 

"Maybe, but being sick put me behind."

 

Doojoon glanced over at him, lips pursed thoughtfully. "Still tired then?"

 

"Mhm... and they put me on a restricted choreography for dance." Yoseob scowled and flopped onto his back again. Ignoring Doojoon's amused smirk, he kicked one foot out a little and subsided into a pout. "I got tired so fast.."

 

"That's why I said to take it slow." Doojoon sat down near the younger boy and poked him in the side. "You should have just showed up at the regular practice time instead of wasting what little energy you've got."

 

"You could have stayed for breakfast you know." Yoseob glanced over at him lazily as Doojoon froze with the subject change. "The other day. My mom made extra food. She thought you were still over. You'll get an earful when she sees you again."

 

Doojoon smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Sorry."

 

"Just don't sneak out again."

 

---

 

"Good to see you back," Junhyung's trademark smirk was in place as he gave Yoseob's shoulder a quick squeeze. "Doojoon was pretty worried."

 

Yoseob turned to look at Doojoon. The older boy suddenly made himself very busy with his backpack. His red ears gave him away. Yoseob bit back a smile as he looked back at Junhyung. "How's Kikwang? I can't go see him because my mom doesn't want me to get sick right away again."

 

"Better." Junhyung pulled his jacket off his own bag and shoved his arms through the sleeves. "He said to tell you not to screw up in vocal again." 

 

"I did not screw up!" Yoseob retorted with a snort. Jerking his bag off the floor, he scowled in irritation. "I got sick and lost my voice. There's a big difference."

 

Junhyung slanted a look at him from the corner of his eye. "He was right," he said with a smug smirk. "You are easy to rile up."

 

As Junhyung left Yoseob stared after him, jaw slack. Doojoon waited a minute before sauntering over to him and pressing up on his chin. "You had to know that wasn't Junhyung's idea, Seobie."

 

It was true. Usually the only one who riled him ipod was Kikwang. Their long friendship made their playful seats more interesting and easily reconcilable. Junhyung was usually in the background watching the show or ignoring them entirely. He grinned and put a hand to the back of his neck. "Yeah, I guess..."

 

"You'll get him back. Kick his in dance when you're recovered." Doojoon waited for him to finish getting his things together, then shut the door behind them both as they left. "And kick Kikwang's in vocal." 

 

"You sure think a lot of my abilities," Yoseob snorted and shook his head,  but he was obviously pleased.

 

Doojoon shrugged. "I have faith in you. Simple as that."

 

 

 

---------

 

Don't be too upset by the short chapter or the longer time between upload please!

I'm stuck posting from my phone for the foreseeable future and that takes forever.