Limitations

The Days of Caffeine and Candy Kisses

"Seungie, you promised you'd ask if you needed any help!"

Doojoon looked up from his sheet music for vocal. Yoseob had both hands on his hips as he looked disapprovingly at Hyunseung. The older of the two was as quiet as ever, though he at least had the sense to look effectively chastised. He looked a little nervous, too...

"Yoseob."

The quiet admonishment calmed Yoseob in a heartbeat, and he turned to look at Doojoon attentively. For a moment Doojoon was struck by how easily the smaller boy could be distracted. Clearing his throat with a small cough, he frowned slightly. "You need to calm down. Your voice isn't completely up to par yet and you're scolding him. Anyway, aren't you always telling me to treat him with care?"

Behind Yoseob, Hyunseung looked surprised by the interruption. His eyes darted between the two quickly before settling on Doojoon, who did his best to ignore the shock plainly written on Hyunseung's face.

Yoseob bit his lip and gave a tiny shrug but he clearly understood he'd been shut down. Gently, as Doojoon always did, but shut down just the same. "You're right," He mumbled, then turned around to face Hyunseung. "I'm sorry I got upset with you."

Hyunseung swallowed and seemed to hesitate, but when Doojoon gave an encouraging nod over Yoseob's shoulder, he managed to speak. "It's okay... Uh... I could use some help now if you don't mind.."

As Hyunseung was pulled away by a suddenly eager Yoseob, Doojoon just shook his head and smiled.

"Looks like you two have made up."

Doojoon turned to find Kikwang standing nearby, holding a Styrofoam cup of what was probably an herbal tea. "Looks like you kicked the cold."

Kikwang scowled and took a sip from his cup. "Can't believe I caught it from Junhyung in the first place. My immune system is usually rock solid..." He glanced beyond Doojoon toward the pair that were far down the hall now. "So, he's still hanging out with Hyunseung, huh?"

"Uh," Doojoon frowned and shrugged a little. "Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"No, I just hope he's careful about getting too attached. You know how Seobie can be." With a sigh, Kikwang leaned against the wall. "He gets so into something or so attached to somebody that if things go south it hits him hard."

"I don't think we need to worry about that with Hyunseung, though," Doojoon made a face and shook his head in denial. "He's a hard worker and a fantastic dancer. His vocals sound pretty good too. He's just a little... shy."

Kikwang arched a brow at him. "That's an understatement."

"Look, I'm not saying he'll make it," Doojoon was getting frustrated. "I'm not saying he won't, either. But if the company thought he didn't have promise, they wouldn't have cleared him at auditions. Who cares if he's not very social? He'll work through it. I highly doubt he's the first shy person to become a trainee or an artist."

He glanced at his wristwatch and clapped Kikwang on the shoulder. "Now, I've got to get home. I promised I'd spend some time with my mother tonight and I want to practice a bit before she gets home. Take it easy."

About ten minutes after he'd gone, Hyunseung came tearing down the hallway. Panicked, he looked around wildly before noticing Kikwang. He ran up to him and grabbed his arm, giving a hard tug.

Kikwang hissed a little as hot tea dribbled over the rim of his cup and onto his fingers. "What the hell, Hyunseung?!"

"Yoseob! He was helping me and-"

"Wait, what about Yoseob?" Kikwang frowned at him, instantly concerned and ignorant of his scalded fingers. "What's wrong?"

"He fell!"

Kikwang didn't wait for any further explanation. He dumped the tea in a trash can and ran with Hyunseung down the hall, his backpack swinging wildly from one hand. When they got to the practice room Yoseob was already being checked out by a staff memeber, wincing as they pressed fingers on his wrist.

Yoseob put his other hand up to stop Kikwang's rushed advance. "I'm fine. Just stupidity on my part."

"What happened?" Kikwang was vaguely aware of Hyunseung's pale features as the older boy drew up beside him. "Is his wrist okay?"

"Likely sprained. He'll need to go to a doctor. We're already on the phone with his mother to let her know."

Yoseob scowled. "I'm fine- Ouch!"

"You're not fine," Kikwang insisted reprovingly. "What were you even trying to do?"

"Just the choreography from last lesson," Yoseob winced and shifted a little on the floor, watching as both his ankles were checked out. Thankfully only his wrist was deemed a worry. "I should've listened to Doojoon."

"You should have known better than to try the full choreography without an instructor giving you the go-ahead," The staff member looking him over frowned at him in blatant disapproval. "Helping a fellow trainee is admirable but you must always remember to take care of yourself first. You're no help to anyone if you can't even take care of yourself."

"Yes ma'am."

"Until your wrist heals, you will not participate in any dance lessons."

Yoseob glanced miserably up at Hyunseung and Kikwang. "Yes ma'am..."