CHAPTER 34

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"Eh? Wae, what are you doing here?" she asked. 


"Na? .... Oh, Jieun kept asking me to get her deokbokki so..." he replied, stuttering. 


For a moment, she believed him. But he was acting weird, she thought. How was he not surprised that they bumped onto each other? He must have noticed her from the back all along. 


"Hyung, do you want to join us?" Sehun asked. 


'Why is there a need for you to even ask you bastard! She's my girlfriend, not yours!'


"It's okay, you guys go ahead. It was supposed to be quality time for you both anyway," he faked a smile, but he was burning inside. 


The situation turned awkward when the conversation between the two ended there. Mi Hyun stood there feeling pressured, like as if she had to make a choice to choose between the two. She noticed the sudden change in the tone of voice when Chen replied Sehun. He sounded unhappy somehow. It was obvious to her that he was faking a smile too.

 

'Did Sehun really told him that we're going out?' she wondered. 


"I should make a move instead then. You both should be the one spending the quality time instead. Bye guys! And hyung, hang out with us soon, it's been long, really." he said sincerely. "Oh yes! Oh Mi Hyun, thank you so much for today!" he said before turning and walking away. 


Chen was about to reach her hand but he stopped. "Sehun-ah! Kumawo~ for today! Let's hang out again soon, oh?" she shouted from afar. Sehun replied with an 'ok' sign before slowly dissapearing from their sight. 


'Mwohya? Hang out again soon? Are you ing kidding me Oh Mi Hyun?! In front of your boyfriend, really? This won't work. I need to teach her a lesson'


"Kaja, let's get deokbokki for Jieun-ni! We're still getting it, are we?" she held his hand, intertwining her fingers with him. 


"Oh." he replied. 


Chen kept giving her cold replies whenever she asked him questions. She was the one who initiated the conversation the entire time. At first, she could tolerate it, but later, she couldn't take it anymore. She knew all along it had to do with Sehun, but she chose to just keep silent about it, hoping that things would turn out fine. 


It was only until Chen unlocked his car, she lets go of his hand and made her way inside the vehicle. 


"What's wrong with you?" he asked. 


"Me? What's wrong with me?! Shouldn't I be directing that question at you instead?" she lost her patience and blew her top. She questioned him back. The atmosphere in the car became tense. He kept quiet, not knowing what to reply. 


"Firstly, you followed us, didn't you? I can't believe you did that. You lied about having to buy deokbokki for your sister. Sehun never told you about anything. You're just jealous that we both went out together, am I right? Or mad at me for going out with him? You know how much I'm disappointed in you right now? You're my boyfriend and you can't even trust my feelings for you."


"It's not that. Yes, you're right. I'm jealous." he admitted, "But how can you just go out with him like that without even telling me about it before today?!"


"Mwoh?! Yeah, maybe that part I was wrong but do you even know how to respect my personal space? As much as you're my boyfriend, you need to know that there's a clear line that you should never cross. It's my privacy."


"What kind of privacy do you have with Oh Sehun? What, you're having an affair with him? You love him more than you love me? That's your privacy?" he raised his voice, while focusing on the road. 


This time, tears from Mi Hyun eyes started flowing down her cheeks. Having to hear such words coming out from the only guy that she really love was painful. She never expected him to say that. Or worse, him doubting her feelings for him. 


"Stop the car now." she said as she wiped away the tears from her eyes. Chen was flustered. He didn't know those words he said could affect her like that. 


"Mi Hyun ah..." Her reactions made him realised how careless he was.


"I said stop the car. Now. Or I will just go out now when you're driving." she ordered him. 


She opened the car door as it came to a halt. But she made sure she has her final say before leaving. 


"You know what, since you're doubting my feelings for you, let's just break up. You have one thing less to worry about anyway." his jaw dropped when she suggested that. "And, when I'm gone, use all the time you have to reflect on that immature attitude of yours, who can't even trust your own members or even your very own ex-girlfriend. Goodbye Kim Jongdae, I wish you the best of luck." she went out of the vehicle and quickly slammed the car door. 


Chen slammed his hands on the steering weel and then pulled his hair in frustration. 


'AHHHHHHH' he let out his anger. Not towards Mi Hyun but himself. Just as he thought that this would teach her a lesson, his girlfriend, now his then girlfriend, was even more scarier than he thought. The break-up was uncalled for.



Meanwhile, Mi Hyun didn't turn back but continued walking aimlessly on the pavement. Because she had to result to this, she kept crying. Tears couldn't stop falling from her eyes. She wanted him to learn too. That he should not be the possesive boyfriend that he already is, that he should know his limits. 


"Yah! Oh Mi Hyun! Get back in! Let's talk about this, let's not break up this way, oh?" he shouted from the car, while he slowly drive to catch up with her pace. She just ignored and walked faster. 


"Yah! Don't you love me? If you really do, you shouldn't do this to me!" he said again. She cried harder. But she took out her earpiece, made sure it was visible to his eyes and plugged it into her ears. She her music at its maximum volume, so she can't hear a word he said. 


'Pabo! Already knew about your own mistakes yet you still ask me if I still love you very much!' she thought.


Chen eventually gave up trying. Knowing the stubborn person she is, she wouldn't listen anyway. He drove off his car to the main road, crying as he drives. It was all tears of regret. 


It was at that moment, that his own bestfriend who always, always knew if something bad had happened to him, gave him a call. 


"Yah, eodiga?" he asked. 


"Baekhyun-ah..." he held his breath before continuing, "We broke up."


A/N: 

Mmmmm.... what's going to happen next? Mi Hyun is mad at Jongdae :-O 

So this was what Jongdae gets for wanting a noona-like girlfriend he he he. 

Hi guys~ I'm finally back!! I've received so much love for the previous chapter over the period when I was gone. New subscribers, comments, and notifications.... thank you so much I truly appreciate it! Here's another chapter in return~ 

See you in the next one soon~ And a happy belated merry X-mas to you sweethearts x