Q & A

8 Questions

"How about twenty one questions? We can ask each other questions and get answers in return. That way we won't be complete strangers." You eyed the stranger; it didn't sound like a bad idea but you weren't sure yet. What if he asks you if you're single, or if you're a , or if you wanted to have with him. What if he's the type of person to hump and dump. Wait, what were you thinking. It's just a series of questions, it's not like he's asking you to marry him. You scanned him from head to toe again. He doesn't seem like that type of guy to do that sort of thing anyways. After giving it some thought, you finally agreed. It can't be that be that bad right? "Ok, you go first"
 
"You're going to be truthful with every answer right?" he asked raising one of his eyebrows. "Mmhmm" you nodded in return. "Ok. So was it really ok for me to sit with you?" You hesitated for a bit. Not because you minded, but you were trying to choose the right words. If you said yest, you might sound desparate. But if you said no, it'll make you sound mean. Still thinking of a way to reply the stranger without giving off the wrong vibe, he cutely cocked his head to the side "Well? .. I can move if you really aren't ok. Sorry, I didn't mean to put you in an awkward situation." "NO!" you suddenly said a little too loud. Actually, it was loud. At this point, everyone in the cafe had their attention on you two. Great, now you definitely sounded desparate. You saw him smile a little showing off his white little pointy teeth. God, if you two weren't strangers, you'd attack him right then and there. Maybe even on the table. "Really" you finally managed to answer him. "Then how come you hesitated?" "I just.. choosing the right words." "Oh" "Y-yeah.. ok my turn to ask."

You were thinking of a question to ask him but then he suddenly spoke. "Actually, I'm gonna change the rules. Instead of asking each other questions back and forth, I should be the one asking questions and you answering." "Huh?" "I feel like you'd be more interesting then me." "But--" "No buts, I'm the guest, you should treat me nicely" he cutted you off with a sly smirk. "I'm--" Suddenly the stranger pouted "Please?" At this point, you just wanted to run into a wall, what the actual hecky. "If you truthfully answer all of my questions, I'll let you ask me one question at the end" What kind of deal was that?! You were about to protest again but the stranger began to pout again and gave you puppy eyes. OHMYGOD. ARE HIS LIPS SERIOUSLY QUIVERING RIGHT NOW. Before he could do anything else to trigger you, agreed. "FINE." His whole face lit up and smiled like a kid who just won candy. "I can't believe I'm agreeing to do such things with a stranger." "You'll be fine" he grinned in return.

"Ok, first question, what do you think of me?" You blinked a couple of times seeing if you heard him correctly. "What." "You heard me. Give me your opinion." "I-- what do you mean? I just met you?? What am I suppose to say?" "Well, for starters, you can say I look handsome" he smirked. "What, no!" "Oh, so you don't find me attractive?" "I mean yes but--" "So you do think I'm attractive" "I never said that!" "But you just said.." "No! I mean, yes. Wait, no" "So... you don't think I'm attractive?" "Oh my God, I don't know?" "I'm waiting" the stranger sing songed. "Ok ok ok, I admit that I think you're really really cute the way you smile and pout and dress and look and your beanie makes you look so adorable and that little mole above your lip makes you look so precious and that I may or may not want to have you!" you took a deep breath wow that was a mouthful. You looked over the stranger and his jaw was wide open. "What? Did I miss something? ..." Wait a minute.. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY. He's gonna think you're so weird now kk. Curse your big mouth. You blame your parents for giving you such genes. 

However, to your surprise, he calmly composed himself together and continued on with the game. "Are you taken?" Still shocked from the last answer you had given him, you just stared at him. Is this guy serious. "No.. I'm not." "Really?" "Yes, why?" "Nope, you don't get to ask until the end." "That's not fair!" you pouted. "How come you get to ask and I have to answer?" "Because you said I could" "That's not a legit reason!" "But you agreed to it" "That's only because you pouted and quivered your lips!" "My lips have nothing to do with this so shh." You can't believe this guy. Why did you let him sit with you. "Ugh, fine. Continue." For the next couple of minutes the game continued on with him asking you absurd questions and you answering them truthfully. 

"How come you don't have a boyfriend?"
"Because I haven't found Mr. Right yet, next.


"What's your definition of Mr. Right?"
"Not you." Ouch. That was a obviously a lie, but you couldn't manage to lose the last bit of dignity you had left.
"Next"


"What are you studying right now?"
"Marine biology"

"Where are you studying?"
"The University of lol I'm not telling you."

"Why won't you tell me where you're studying?" 
"Well, the chances of you being a stalker are pretty high so"
"But I'm not going to--"  "Next" "You're stuppose to be answering these truthfully!"
"I said I'd answer them truthfully, but I never said I'd answer all of them!"

"How come?" whined the stranger.
"Because."
"Because why?" 
"Just because"

"Uhh, sorry to interrupt your argument, but your latte is ready sir." You both looked up and Sehun was standing in front of you two with a latte in his hand. "Wow, Sehun. I ordered that like, two thousand years ago" you said as you reached out to grab the drink. But before you can reach it, the stranger grabbed it first. "I believe the waiter said 'sir'" he smirked. "What?! But I was here first!" "But the waiter said sir." "That does mean anything! Sehun, tell this guy that the latte is mine!" "Uhh.. the latte is his, Ara. I'm sorry but yours hasn't been made yet." Sehun said while he laughed nervously. "Are you frickin' serious?!" "Shh, Ara! You're making a scene! The customers are looking at us!" "Let them look! I came here for a latte and instead I get questioned by a total stranger who happens to look ridiculously hot and have his latte before mine! Is this how you treat a loyal customer?!"

You were about to keep going when you saw the stranger got up out of his seat from the corner of your eye. "Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but I kinda have to go" he said. He started to leave but you grabbed his arm. "Wait! I haven't asked my question yet! And we're only on the eighth question!" "I'm sorry, but I really have to go." he said wiggling out of your grasp and headed for the door. "At least give me your name" The stranger stopped, turned around and smiled. "Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." "Baekhyun.. " you quietly repeated. "Will I ever see you again Baekhyun?" "Uh uh, that wasn't part of our deal. You only get to ask one question remember?" "But we never even got to question twenty one!" "Sorry! Maybe next time!" and with that, Baekhyun left the cafe leaving you standing there. "But I never even got to introduce myself..." you said to no one in particular. You decided to sit down when a piece of paper caught your eye. You picked it up and read it.

"Sorry for leaving you hanging, but I had some business to attend to.
I hope you're not mad at me! I promise I'll treat you to a nice caramel latte next time ok?"
If we meet again, I'll let you be the one to ask the questions, and I'll be the one to answer.
It was nice getting to know you, Ara. ^^
Until next time,

                                                                                                 Baekhyun.

Wait... how did he know your name?


hehehe, so this little one shot has come to an end. 
to be honest, i didn't really have the ending planned out, so i'm sorry if it was a little bit rushed.
i hope you guys enjoyed this ratchet fic i wrote. thank you for reading and subscribing! :-)

p.s
honestly, i'm not completely satisfied with the ending.
so i might actually come back and fix it if i think of a better ending.