Strangers

8 Questions

bREATHES, ok ok. i think this one shot will have two chapters because i don't want to make it too long for you guys. so yeah, omg i hope you guys enjoy it so far. and i hope it wasn't confusing or hard to follow


 

Fall, your favorite season. The weather wasn't too hot nor cold just the way you like it. The crunch in the leaves from every step you take, the smell of spices and pumpkin spice latte galore, reds, oranges, and golds splatter the trees, and the soft breeze that nip at your cheeks. fall meant cute oversized sweaters with boots and scarves and finished off with a beanie. Fall meant carving pumpkins and drinking hot chocolate while reading a book. Speaking of hot chocolate, you're suddenly in the mood for a caramel latte, so you decided to head to your favorite cafe. Along the way, you lazily walked along the sidewalks admiring and taking in the fall aroma all around you. You past kids playing in leaves followed by upset moms complaining how they shouldn't get dirty. Yep, fall is finally here.


Chimes sounded as you took a step inside the cafe, greeted by the warm cinnamon colored walls and tiny coffee tables dotted around the room. The place was busy as usual with the sound of shuffling feet and "would you like whipped cream?" or "tall, grande, or venti?" The welcoming smell of spices and coffee instantly warmed you up after the breezy walk. Making your way past the long line of impatient customers, you headed to your usual spot by the window. The place allowed you to see the busy streets of your city and people rushing back and forth. It was nothing special, but it made you feel at ease and cozy. "The usual, Ara?" a voice interrupted your train of thought. You turned around and came face to face with your best friend, who happened to work at the cafe. "Do you even have to ask, Sehun?" You playfully grinned at the boy. "Hey, just being polite here" he chuckled. "Hey, Mina! One tall caramel latte for Ara!" "Ooh is Ara here already?" a peppy voice answered in return, "tell her I said hi!" Giggling you greeted her back, "Yes Mina, I'm back so give me all the caffeine!" "So what brings you here today, best friend?" Sehun asked, emphasizing on the word best friend. "Nothing much, just missed my favorite person in the whole world" you countered back with a smirk. "Why? Can't I see my lovely best friend?" you cooed pinching his cheeks in the process. "Forget I even asked, oh my God. You're so sweet it's giving me diabetes" Sehun groaned in disgust. "Your latte will be ready in a sec so just sit here and look pretty ok?" And with that, he left you alone and went back to work.

Truth is, you don't know why you came here either. It's true that you come here at least three times a week, if not everyday but today you just came here without a reason. Well that and besides the fact that you needed your weekly fix of caramel latte. You were playing with the strands of your hair and in your own little world when a voice suddenly interrupted your thoughts. Again. "Excuse me, is anyone sitting there?" a melodic voice questioned. You looked up and was greeted by a pair of brown doe like eyes. Standing in front of you was possibly the most gorgeous guy you have ever seen. He wore a striped sweater paired with a blue jacket and a pair of jeans. His head was covered with a grey knit beanie with tuffs of brown hair poking out. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was enough to captivate your attention. "Umm.. Hello?" the stranger asked for the second time. You snapped back into reality and answered him. "Uh...uhh no" you managed to answer. "It's not taken" "Do you mind if I sit here then?" You looked around and found a full house with no more open seats. You've been so preoccupied for the last several minutes you didn't realized the whole place had filled up. "Y-yeah sure. Go ahead" you stammered. You mentally slapped yourself for sounding so vulnerable and dumb in front of this stranger. This angelic, beautiful, and God sent stranger.

The stranger shuffled around and settled in the chair across from you with a big grin on his face. "Sorry, the place is packed and there was no seats available" "Ahhh.. it's ok" you squeaked. "Soooo.." the stranger hummed. "Sooo..." you hummed in response. The both of you just sat there fumbling with your fingers and looking around trying to not make it awkward. But it was. "Come on Ara, say something! Ask him about the weather or, or global warming or something. Just speak!" You mentally scolded yourself. "Um... So uh, nice global warming we're having huh?" The stranger turned to look at you with round eyes. "What?" "Weather! Oh my God I meant nice weather!" Instead of answering you, the stranger let out a loud laugh making you redder by the minute. ", he probably thinks I'm stupid now." You buried your face in your hands hoping to be able to hide in a hole right now and never come out until spring.

Still laughing, the stranger managed to choke out "Nice." He continues to laugh. "Nice, the weather is nice". Blushing even harder you tried to change the topic. "So why did you come here?" Still chuckling, "I came here for a latte. They make the best lattes to be honest." "Ahhh.. I see..." The table fell quiet again except for the noise coming from the rest of the cafe. Looking around the cafe, the stranger asked "It seems like it's going to be awhile for us to get out drinks. You wanna play a game?"