15*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suho’s POV

  For so long I have been the submissive Warrior.  I gave in to my fate.  I promised myself I would only use my Specialty under my Dealer’s orders.  I would shut my feelings off and do as I was told.  I wouldn’t make my own choices and my life would be in my Dealer’s hands.

  I had accepted this life.  I had given in.  My walls were set up and reinforced over the long years of serving my Dealers with my brothers.  I was one of the oldest, we protected the younger ones who still tried to refuse this life.

  But all the walls I put up would never have prepared me for this Dealer that now owned my brothers and I.  Luhan was older than me, but we all knew he was more kind-hearted than my other older brothers.  I could tell that he was starting to slip when I showed up, and it was obvious why.

  This girl, our Dealer, was so different from every other Dealer that owned us and those we saw.  I saw how she joked with them, laughed with them.  She made my closest friends feel alive again.  She let them be themselves again after such a long time.  She let them live again.

  But for how long?  How long would she let them be like this?  Maybe she would turn out to be like every other Dealer and turn on us and make us her little puppets, laugh at us for ever thinking we could have an ounce of freedom.

  It would destroy them if that ever happened.  And we already felt this once before, I don’t think they would be able to take it a second time around.  I had to stay strong, but what was I to do in this situation?

  I have never had to deal with anything like this.  My Dealer was currently submerged in a body of my own Specialty, one that I had full control over, and had given me no orders.  D.O’s vines trapped me here, it didn’t matter much since I knew how to manipulate water without moving, but I had no orders.

  I could only stare down at her and debate with myself if I should throw my self-promises away and hope for the best, hope that she was being truthful and would never harm us.

  I haven’t seen her do anything to the others.  But from what Luhan had told me when he was Claimed, our Dealer knew how to be very violent and how to punish us.  And it was that small aspect of her persoanlity that had me second-guessing her.  Would she ever be like that if one of us did something wrong?  Would she punish us for not listening?

  Yet now, here she was, practically drowning herself to prove a point.  Could I trust this?  Could this really be the real her?  Did she really just want to help us?

  “Suho!” D.O shouted at me.  I looked up at him, still not knowing what I should do.  What I should trust. “If you don’t hurry up and do something everything is over.”

  I knew I only had a limited window to do anything before our Dealer truly did die, but I still had no orders from her and I was fighting a battle within myself whether or not to give in.

  “She didn’t give me orders.  There is nothing for me to do.” I said, sighing in defeat.  It was to hard for me to just bust down the walls I had made.  If I truly wanted to, I didn’t have enough time to even begin.

    “Sky doesn’t care about orders and you have to get that through your head now or you will be taking the only good thing in our lives as Warriors away from us.  If you let her die, I can guarantee you that you will beat yourself up over this and you will have the four of us hate you for the rest of eternity.”  D.O shouted.

  Everything was on me now.  And I knew D.O was right.  All of them, even myself, had developed somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter