Chapter 6

If Kyungsoo Doesn't Say 'I Do'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           

            It’d been seven months and everything between Kyungsoo and Jongin was perfect.  They still had Kaisoo time at the office.  They still had crazy when they got home, still went out for dinner every Friday night and snuggled up on the couch for a movie whenever they could.  They finished each other’s sentences whenever they talked and were the ever romantic couple they were before the proposal.  It was like the proposal never happened.

            Of course it was awkward the first week after.  There was a lot of uncertainty and guilt.  There was resentment on both sides and it was hard to settle into something remotely normal because for the last couple of months things hadn’t been. 

But it was behind them now.  Jongin didn’t resent Kyungsoo.  He was content and accepted that he would probably never get married.  Kyungsoo was happy that Jongin decided to end the engagement.  Yeah he was disappointed at first.  A part of him wanted to get married.  But at the same time the stress and excitement of getting married made Kyungsoo a moody fiancé. 

            But Kyungsoo wasn’t ruling out marriage entirely, he was just waiting.  Waiting for the right time. 

            In the months that Kyungsoo and Jongin reverted back to their pre-engagement selves, the other workers at Oh Corp somewhat progressed in their relationships.  Suho came back from Boston and the Seho couple was so glad to be reunited that they didn’t waste any free time dirtying up every single surface at Oh Corp again…but this time at least twice.  They didn’t even do work the week Suho returned.  Go to work, have , go back home and have .  The two probably would’ve been fired if Suho wasn’t the best Public Relations manager in Asia and Sehun wasn’t Ms. Oh’s son.  And now Sehun was officially moving in with Suho. 

            Kris and Tao is the more complicated couple.  They broke up and made up so many times during the week that it’s surprising if they didn’t break up more than twice a week.  The fights are never serious and the two mainly kept their relationship problems to themselves.  Now that Tao didn’t have to worry about helping any other couples, he couldn’t help paying more attention to his own…and make comparisons.  He saw the flaws in their relationship; they were nothing close to the perfect couple.  It wasn’t like they were having relationship problems either.  They were taking it slow.  But because Kris was new at being in a relationship, he really didn’t know what to do and Tao got easily frustrated.  But by the end of the day, they would leave the office holding hands, only to fight again in a few days. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still a mystery but everyone was absolutely sure they went on at least a couple of dates together.  However, judging from the way Baekhyun acted whenever Chanyeol came near, either the dates didn’t go well or they were trying to keep the relationship as secret as possible.  But both refused to say anything.

 

            “Kyungsoo?”

            “In here!” Jongin moved towards the voice as he closed the door to their apartment. 

            “Hey I need to tell you something,” Jongin said.  He made his way to the bedroom but Kyungsoo wasn’t there. 

            “What do you need to tell me?” Kyungsoo’s voice drifted from the bathroom and Jongin made his way into the bathroom and gave a gasp when he saw Kyungsoo in the tub which was overflowing with bubbles.  There were candles lit all over the bathroom, setting a romantic aura. 

            Jongin loosened his tie and started stripping.  He couldn’t get faster and almost tripped into the tub in his haste to enter it.    

            Kyungsoo moved towards him in the tub.  Just when they were about to kiss, Kyungsoo moved back teasingly.  Jongin could feel Kyungsoo’s smile against his own lips as he moved forward again, “What was it you wanted to tell me?”  

            “Well,” Jongin moved forward and pulled Kyungsoo towards him.  He placed a kiss on Kyungsoo’s lips, “My parents,” another kiss, “are coming,” another kiss, “this weekend.”

            Kyungsoo pushed Jongin away by the shoulders so he could look him straight in the eyes, “What?”

            “Yeah.  You don’t mind if they stay over at our place, do you?  I mean the place is small but there’s no point in staying at a hotel.”

            Jongin stopped when Kyungsoo shot out of the tub and grabbed a towel, “Omi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter