Before the Soccer Match

She Hit Me You-Know-Where

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo Rin's POV

I stared into my shoe closet. Every single pair of shoes I owned were platform boots.

"Today, I'll wear...the pink ones," I finally decided.

With that, I got ready and left my house.

As I was walking to school, someone stumbled into me.

"Oh, Hyo Rin," Onew stared at me in surprise.

It's been two weeks since the first day of school. Onew has bumped into me almost every single day during my walk.

And he still acts surprised.

"Hey," I rolled my eyes.

3,2,1...

"Hey guys!"

Right on time, Minho showed up.

"Are you excited, or what?" Minho pumped his fist into the air.

"For what?" I raised an eyebrow, confused for the first time in two weeks.

"Today's the day," Minho grinned happily, "The day—mph."

He was cut off when Onew clamped a hand across his mouth and quickly dragged him away.

Curious, I stopped walking and watched them argue with an amused expression.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

"What?" Minho looked at me with a confused expression.

"You're not supposed to tell her that today's the day I'm going to confess to her," I said exasperatedly.

To my surprise, Minho started laughing.

"Of course I wasn't going to. I was talking about the soccer game!" he grinned.

Oh.

Ohhhh.

"That....makes sense," I said sheepishly, mentally slapping myself on the forehead for jumping to conclusions.

"Well good luck on your confession. I walk ahead to give you guys alone time," Minho smiled before walking away.

As soon as he was gone, Hyo Rin walked up to me.

"What was that about?" she looked down at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing, " I shrugged, staring down at her feet.

Her platform boots were even higher than usual. If she didn't have them on, I was a good three inches taller than her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-Flashback

"Why do you wear such...tall shoes?" I raised an eyebrow at Hyo Rin. It was snack time and we were free to walk around the room.

She paused and took a sip out of her apple juice..

"I just like them I guess," she shrugged before walking away.

I watched her go, my eyes on her heels.

Just then, Jonghyun walked up to me.

"Aww how cute. Little Onew has a crush on Hyo Rin," he sang with a huge smirk.

"Oh yeah, well who likes Hyun Ji?" I shot back, making sure she wasn't around to hear me.

Jonghyun's ears turned red before he spoke.

"Well guess what? Hyo Rin told me that she only likes guys who are TALLER than her," Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at me.

Before he could continue, Key came up behind him and dragged him away.

"Excuse him," Key rolled his eyes before shoving a cookie into Jonghyun's mouth to keep him quiet.

Taller than her..?

-End Flashback

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Right. Hyo Rin likes guys taller than her.

I would be taller than her if she stopped wearing those boots...

That's why I have the perfect plan during my confession.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

I wrinkled my nose while Hyun Ji spied on Onew and Hyo Rin from behind the bushes.

Now I know why she decided to change our route to school.

"You're like a stalker," I muttered under my breath.

She ignored me, still focusing on Onew.

Beside me, Key nudged my arm.

"Look at Hyo Rin's shoes. They're pink today!" he exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. Getting excited just because she's wearing his favorite color.

Sure enough, Hyo Rin's shoes were bright pink and were at least four inches tall. Like always though, she walked gracefully.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-Flashback

"Why did you tell him she likes taller guys?" Key frowned.

"To annoy him," I frowned back.

"Well, there's a lot of things wrong with what you just said," Key crossed his arms.

"One, that would just discourage him. Don't you want Hyo Rin to like him back so Hyun Ji will give up one him?!"

Wait...

...

My mouth dropped open. Oh my god, he's right!

"Two, you said 'taller' and in case you haven't noticed, Minho and I are the tallest guys in class. Minho's Onew's best friend, so he won't be mad at him. But now Onew keeps glaring at me," Key whispered in frustration.

Sure enough, Onew was frowning at Key.

"If Onew gets mad at me, he won't vote for me for class president. And if he doesn't, Minho won't. Taemin won't. And Hyo Rin probably won't," Key said glumly.

Oh, so that's why he cares.

"I'm sorry. How about I buy you a pink cupcake on our way home?" I grumbled at Key.

He frowned but I knew I had him at the word cupcake.

"Fine. But it has to be pink," he finally answered.

-End Flashback

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

When the bell rang, I took my seat quickly.

Minho was already sitting down. He was dressed in black shorts and a soccer jersey.

Hyo Rin and Onew walked in together again. Her bright pink shoes were the first thing that caught my eye.

As soon as Onew sat down, Hyun Ji's head appeared at the edge of the door. Key and Jonghyun strode in before her, then she finally walked in.

When the teacher began the lesson, I could see people's minds begin to wander.

It was pretty obvious that they were all excited for the soccer game.

Except for me, Hyo Rin, and Hyun Ji.

I'm not really into sports.

Hyo Rin was staring at her tall shoes, obviously wondering how she'll be able to run around in them.

Hyun Ji kept smoothing her clothes down and biting her lip. She's probably worrying about the soccer game messing her clothes up.

Surprisingly, Key looked pretty excited. He was wearing a bright red soccer jersey and half the girls in our class had their eyes on him.

I was about to watch Jonghyun when the teacher suddenly put her blackboard marker down.

Immediately, I turned to face her, upset that I let myself get distracted.

"Okay children. Since you obviously can't concentrate, we'll go out early and play soccer," she sighed with a smile.

"YAY!" Nearly everybody erupted and jumped out of their seat.

I slid my chair back calmly and packed my supplies away before walking towards the door.

By now, only Onew, Jonghyun, and I were in the room.

Onew kept muttering "I really like you," softly, but I could hear him.

Jonghyun had his arms crossed and shot a glance at Hyo Rin before rolling his eyes at Onew.

Minho was already outside pumping everyone up. Key was doing some sort of happy dance. Hyun Ji was staring at Onew so she ended up almost tripping over a soccer ball.

The teacher cast one look at the chaotic class before motioning for everyone to run to the soccer field.

This should be an exciting game.

I really hope I don't scrape my knee though...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Short chapter! I hope you guys liked it :)

Jonghyun isn't sure if he wants Hyo Rin to like Onew back or not. LOL. He's torn between Onew being happy/out of the picture vs. Onew suffering as revenge for attacting Hyun Ji XD

And tell me what you think of the POSTER! I worked hard on it :D

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬