First Day

She Hit Me You-Know-Where

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

"Be good, arasso?" my mom ruffled my hair quickly before giving me a light shove towards the tall blue door.

All around, parents were seeing their kids off.

While some ran right into the classroom, others hovered behind their parents' legs.

Unsure of what I wanted to do, I looked around nervously.
To the right of the classroom was a huge silver fence.

Behind it was the playground. The black asphalt was covered with sand in some places. Shiny red tricycles were lined up by the wall. In the very middle was a huge playground set with five bright yellow slides.

I was jolted back to reality when a kid with black hair nearly crashed into me before running in. I saw a flash of pink before he disappeared.

Just then, a loud bell rang, signaling that school was almost starting.
Hitching my backpack up, I stumbled forward and took a deep breath.

This is it.

My first day of school.

Puffing my cheeks up, I reached forward and grabbed the silver handle.

As soon as I stepped in, the teacher greeted me with a cheerful smile.

"Jinki?" she grinned, reading my name tag.

"I go by Onew," I mumbled shyly.

She chuckled before picking up a new name tag and writing "Onew" on it.

"There you go," she patted it on over my blue shirt.
I opened my mouth to say thank you but was stopped when somebody tripped and fell over me.

Surprised, I watched as the girl who fell over stood up and fixed her hair.

She had long, wavy black hair that reached her waist.
She was wearing a dark blue dress...and the tallest platform boots I had ever seen a kid wear.

"Hyo Rin" was the name written on her name tag.

Or at least, that's why I think it said. After all, as soon as she got up, she mumbled sorry before quickly running to the back of the room.

Everybody was lined up there, waiting to be seated.
For the first time, I noticed that each table group was a different color.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I ended up at the green table.

Upset that I didn't get orange, I sat down quietly.

Almost immediately, Hyo Rin sat down next to me.

Then came a kid with huge eyes and short hair. His name tag read "Minho."

Just when I thought it would just be the three of us, a guy with blond hair sat down at our table.

He scowled at me before crossing his arms and looking away.
Surprised, I raised an eyebrow at Hyo Rin, who just turned red before looking away.

Okay...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

Biting my lip, I stole another glance at "Onew."

What a stupid name.

What's so special about him anyway?!

Spiky brown hair and a goofy smile.

I turned around and looked at the pink table and saw that Hyun Ji was still staring at him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-Flashback

"Look at that boy! He's so handsome!" Hyun Ji squealed when the door to the classroom swung open.

I spun around angrily and watched while the boy wearing the blue shirt spoke to the teacher.

Wrinkling my nose, I turned back around to face her.

"Whatever you say," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

To her right, Key threw me an amused smile.

"So, are you...excited today?" I said through my teeth. I hated making conversation, but anything would be okay as long as she looked away.

"Yeah," Hyun Ji said distractedly, squinting her eyes to read the boy's name tag.

As soon as she made the letters out, she turned to Key.

"His name is Onew. I guess you're not the only one with the unusual name," she grinned, nudging Key on the shoulder.

He laughed, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pink sweatshirt.

Around us, the girls turned to stare at him.

I guess my parents aren't the only ones who think Key "laughs like an angel."

Meanwhile, Hyun Ji was still drooling over that Onew guy.

First day and I think I'm already starting to hate kindergarten.

-End Flashback

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I snapped out of it when the teacher began talking.

Onew had propped his head on his arm and turned to face her attentively.

Someone behind me whispered something and I didn't have to look to know it was Hyun Ji.

Gritting my teeth together, I shot Onew another glare.

He didn't notice, but the girl Hyo Rin shot me a curious glance before turning away.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Jonghyun is jealous.

J-E-...

...

I don't know how to spell it, but he is jealous.

And Hyun Ji is clueless.

I was about to start teasing her about staring at Onew when the door to the classroom slowly swung open.

A boy with light brown hair walked in wearing nice slacks and a sweater vest.

"I'm very sorry I'm late," he said formally, clutching his black backpack.

"It's fine, Taemin. You may sit next to Key," the teacher smiled and pointed to me.

Taemin sat down quickly and immediately began pulling supplies out of his backpack.

Oh my god.

Mechanical pencils, black pen, and...that protractor thingy?

"What's that for?" I whispered, poking his shoulder.

He shrugged and turned to face the front.

Rolling my eyes, I did the same.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyun Ji's POV

"Okay. So today, we will be introducing ourselves. Please tell us your name and one thing that you like," the teacher grinned, stepping behind her podium.

"Who would like to—"

"I would!" I shot out of my seat quickly and ran to the front.

Key laughed and Jonghyun sighed.

Ignoring them, I launched into my introduction.

"Hi, my name is Shim Hyun Ji. And I like Onew," I smiled brightly and pointed to him.

While his jaw was still open, I returned to my seat.

The teacher laughed amusedly before gesturing for Key to come up.

"Hi! My name is Key and I like making sandwiches," he gave everybody a cheerful wave before sitting down next to me again.

Next was Jonghyun.

Hands jammed in his pockets, he walked up slowly and flipped the hair out of his eyes.

"My name is Jonghyun and I don't really have anything I like," he shrugged.

"Liar! He likes stuffed dinosaurs," I said loudly.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes at me before taking his seat.

If anyone else said that, he probably would have picked a fight. But he's nice to me and Key.

Next up was Onew.

"My name is Onew...andIlikechicken," he said quickly before running back to his seat.

"There're hearts in your eyes," Key snickered while I stared.

I scoffed at him and listened to the next student.

"Hi, my name is Choi Minho and I like soccer," Minho said enthusiastically.

Then, it was Taemin's turn.

"Hi, my name is Lee Taemin and I enjoy reading," he said seriously.

Everybody stared at him, impressed.

After a couple more students went up, a girl wearing a blue dress and tall boots walked to the front.

"She's pretty," Key said appreciatively, watching her.

She faced the class with a cold, cool expression.

"Ice queen," Taemin spoke up.

I nodded in agreement. She seemed like the quiet, cold type that everyone would admire no matter what.

Including...Onew?!

He watched with a huge smile on his face while she introduced herself.

"Hello. My name is Jang Hyo Rin and I like drawing," she said emotionlessly before sitting back down.

As soon as she did, Onew held up his hand for a high five.

When she ignored him, He grabbed her hand and made her high-five him.

Sad, I looked away.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

"Why the high five?" Hyo Rin said dully, pulling her hand away.

I rolled my eyes.

"It was obvious that you were nervous. It's a...reward for not messing up?" I explained.

"I wasn't nervous," she said shortly.

Grinning, I bent my head down and imitated her.

"Hello. My name is Jang Hyo Rin and I like drawing," I repeated it three times quietly.

She frowned.

"What's wrong with practicing?" Hyo Rin muttered.

"Practicing an introduction?" I .

"Whatever," she laughed, giving me a small smile.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

Calmly, I surveyed the classroom.

This seems like it will be an interesting school year.

First, that Hyun Ji girl confessed to Onew.

He practically ignored it and is now talking with Hyo Rin.

Jonghyun keeps glaring.

All the girls are surrounding Key.

And Taemin is raising the bar for everyone.

What's up with all this drama?

I was told that all we had to worry about was someone sitting on our crayons!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

I won't be able to update this a lot until I finish my other stories. Mainly, Once Upon A Fairytale and She's Into , So Call Me Gay. Unless a lot of you guys want to read this lol. So drop me a comment on which story you want me to update more.