Xiumin

In years to come (EXO scenarios)

The sound of the alarm diturbed your peaceful sleep and you wake up with Minseok changing into his suit.

"Oh, good morning." He softly greeted, fixing his cufflings.

"Good morning. And happy birthday." You said with a smile before letting out a yawn.

"Thank you." He grinned widely, you can see if eventhough the room was quite dark. You stretched and got out of bed to turn on the lights.

"What do you want as your birthday present?" You stood in front of him and fixed his necktie.

"I want a day off so I can spend it with you and Sooha." He answered without thinking twice.

"But, you're already in your suit so I guess you don't have a day off." You cupped his face and he cupped yours.

"Nothing wrong with wishing for hapiness right? I have to go now. Goodbye. Love you." He kissed your forehead and went out of the bedroom.

"Wait! What time are you going back?" You called him at the porch.

"As usual. I can't go back earlier. It's my birthday but not my boss." A sarcastic smile formed on his face. You bade goodbye and went back in to wake your son up for his school.

* * * * *

"I should bake a cake. Maybe steak or seafood or..." You groaned at how hard it was to plan something for your husband. But in the end, you went with what you thought first, bake a cake. And of course, a nice Western meal to go with it.

You spent the whole afternoon prepping and baking and cooking, trying to make the best birthday present for your husband. Simply because he is your husband.

* * * * *

"Why is the kitchen a mess? _______? Where are you?" Minseok searched and asked Sooha, to which he answered 'Shower.' Feeling the itch in his heart to clean, so he did. He washed the dishes, wiped the counted and the stove and kept unused grocaries back in the pantry.

When you went to the kitchen, you were surprised that it was spotless and you knew it was your husband. He's always cleaan and likes to clean. Typical Kim Minseok. Thankfully, he didn't open the fridge or else his birthday present would be less expected.

Afterwards, you had a nice family dinner and Sooha was more involved in the conversation than before. Well,he ought to. It's his father's birthday.

"How did you went back today?" Minseok asked.

"The subway. I forgot my bus card." Your son replied.

"And how's school?" You continued on.

"As you can see, I'm here. So prep class is cancelled. Soccer practice...coach got me as midfielder today. That was cool. And the new girl in class --"

"A new girl?" Minseok raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah. She looks like you, dad." Sooha pointed out and all of you burst in laughter. It has been quite some time all of you laughed together. It might be silly but you finally feel the vibe of the 'perfect' family at that moment.

"Oh! I made something." You quickly went to take the cheesecake out of the fridge and put it on the table. Then, Sooha started singing Happy Birthday and you followed suit.

"We don't have candles so just cut the cake after your wish." You told your husband and that was exactly what he did.

"For something that I had to clean up for, this is good." He took a bite from the cake. You sheepishly smiled.

"Make a cake for me when it's my birthday." Your son coolly said, taking a huge scoop of cake with his spoon and stuffed it in his mouth.

"I'll just buy one for you." You replied and he pouted like a lost dog.

"It's because, I'm more special, my son." You laughed at how useless the bicker between your son and your husband was.