Mysteries

Living In Fiction

Chapter Four --*

Now Playing:"Mystery" / BEAST

Only two members of BEAST were home because the others were busy with schedules or out with friends. It was fairly quiet that afternoon at their dorm until -

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ~

Yoseob looked away from the television, his eyes wide. "CODE GREY! CODE GREY!" he shouted to the youngest member. The visual maknae was lying on the floor and watching some drama.

"Sasaeng fans again?" Dongwoon rubbed his eyes as he walked out of the shared bedroom to the entrance of the dorm. He the screen that showed who was at the door.

A big plastic bag was held at the camera lens. "Seems like they bought gifts," Dongwoon yawned.

Yoseob sighed, turning off the television. "Tell them to leave it at the -"

"Yah!" a voice from the camera yelled. "Maknae, open the door! My hands are full!"

"Omo, it's Hyunseung!"  the maknae obediently unlocked the door and stepped out of the dorm to help his hyung carry the bags.

The main vocal got up from the floor to help the other two. "Took you long enough - I was starving~" Yoseob pouted, peeking inside the bags.

"You're always hungry, Seobie," the older member chuckled. Hyunseung placed the food on the floor and went to the kitchen to get drinks. "I had to stop by Gina's place after the gym."

"Ohoho! What were you doing at noona's dorm, huh?" Dongwoon teased as he sat down on the floor and took out the food from the bag. "Mmm kimbap~"

Hyunseung grabbed three cokes from the fridge and kicked the door shut. "Did you guys know Gina had a little sister?" He handed one can to each member.

"Yuh," Yoseob nodded with a mouth full of noodles. He swallowed and continued, "She's younger than us and looks a lot like her. Noona told me about her when I was teaching her Korean."

Dongwoon opened his can of coke and was sprayed by a fountain of brown liquid. "Hey! You shook it!" Dongwoon accused Hyunseung and shook his wet hair in his hyung's direction.

"Yah!" Hyunseung covered his face with his arms, but he still got wet from the maknae's hair. "I did not!"

Yoseob laughed and opened his can a bit to let the air escape. "You guys should have learned by now," he stuck out his tongue. "Junhyung y traps the coke so he can have them all to himself." The brunette opened his can all the way and took a sip.

Dongwoon looked at Hyunseung with apologizing smile, "Heh heh... whoops~ sorry hyung," the maknae passed a box of tissue to his hyung. "So what about Gina's younger sister?"

Hyunseung took a handful of tissue and wiped his face and continued, "Her name is _______! And she's staying with noona for the summer." Gina had phoned him about _______ when she asked him to buy a meal for her sister.

"Woah! She's here in Korea?" Dongwoon choked on his kimbap. "And you met her? Does she really look like noona?" he coughed.

Hyunseung nodded, "Yup. But she's more cuter than Gina." The orange-haired boy looked down at his piece of kimbap and remember her smiling face when he gave her the box of kimbap.

Yoseob slurped up the rest of his noodles with his chopsticks. "Aww~ you're blushing! She must have pale skin too, since that's your ideal type!" he smiled and dug through the bags for more edible stuff.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes but nodded. "Well she had long straight hair too, like your ideal type," the older BEAST member added. He plopped a piece of kimbap into his mouth.

"Ha! If she plays soccer, then Doojoon will go crazy," Dongwoon chucked. "Did you talk to her?"

Hyunseung shrugged and passed Yoseob a box of kimbap. "Kinda... I could only understand a few words she said because she was speaking in English..."

The visual maknae opened the box of kimbap and dug in. "Your English is good though!" Yoseob  quoted the hyung, "'Give me four stars. Give you my younger sister'." The two youngest members rolled on the floor, laughing at Hyunseung's 4D-ness.

The orange-haired boy crossed his arms and defended himself, "Well it's an offer you can't resist!" Causing more laughter from the maknaes.

~♡~

It was almost midnight, yet Gina was still not home. I wonder if I should stay up until she comes back. The memory or her weak body on the couch still haunted me. I decided to stay out on the balcony with Bobo until unnie returns.

"Arf arf!" the puppy pawed at my slippers and whined.

I dug into my pockets for his squeaky toy. I pulled the soccer ball out and squeezed it teasingly at Bobo. "You want this? You want this?" I giggled.

The tiny Shi Tzu jumped up and down for his toy, barking excitedly. I knelt down and threw the toy and Bobo caught it with his mouth. I sat down crossed-legged and took the puppy into my arms.

"Now go to sleep," I cooed and sang him a lullaby. "Rock a bye Bobo..." Yeah I spoil this guy a lot.

Bobo played with the squeaky toy in his paws as I rocked him. Suddenly, he swatted it onto the ground. It bounced through the bars and fell off the balcony.

If you ever heard a puppy cry, you should know how heartbreaking it is. Bobo started howling pitifully to the dark sky and rolling on the floor. He pounced to the edge of the balcony, but I grabbed a hold of him before he could get into danger.

I rubbed the puppy's back. "Shh~ Mommy will buy you a new one!" I pleaded him to be quiet before he woke up the entire apartment. "Shh~"

Squeak!

"Omo!" a male voice came from beneath the balcony and said something about rain in Korean.

I gasped and squeezed my head through the balcony bars. "Hey!" I stuttered and tried to speak in Korean, "Is someone there?"

The person squeaked the soccer ball toy and replied, "Neh?"

I sighed in relief and stretched my neck to see who it was below me. It was too dark to tell, but I saw a pair of eyes looking back up to me. "Umm... that is mine." Oh gosh, I hope he could understand English.

"Oh?" Suddenly, it seemed like he just realized soemthing. "Ahh~ This is yours?" The mystery guy spoke in rough English and squeezed the soccer ball. Squeak squeak~

Bobo answered the squeaks with a loud bark. The puppy drummed on my back, longing for his toy.

"Shh~ I'll get it back for you, Bobo~" Good, this guy knows English! I called back to the stranger, "Yes! Can I have it back, please?"

I saw the figure underneath me nod his head enthusiastically, "Okay!" He disappeared from my view and returned with objects in his arms, but I couldn't tell what they were because of the dim lighting.

"Take this!" he told at me as he threw something up at me. I caught it with both hands. It was a rope!

"Loop and give it back!" the stranger ordered. I looped it once around a bar of the balcony railing and threw it back to him. "Now what?" I leaned through the gaps of the railing to see what he was up to.

I saw what his plan was. The rope started moving and a object was rising up to my floor. It was a basket! Well it seemed really decorative, like a gift basket or something. Weird... but inside the basket was -

"Oh my gosh! The squeaky toy!" I took the soccer ball out of the basket and handed it to Bobo. He barked with joy, and chewed it with his mouth. The puppy went back inside the dorm, showing that he learned his lesson about playing with toys on the balcony.

I turned back to the guy on the floor below us. "Thank so much!" I cried. "May I ask you who you are?" My head was still stretched between the balcony railing, trying to get a good look of him.

He seemed to have hesitated. "I am... Dok Ko Jin!" he replied.

"Oh.. then thank you, Dok ko Jin oppa!" I smiled down at him. "How should I ever thank you? Do you want kimbap?" I didn't finish all the food Hyunseung gave me because I was leaving some for Gina. But oh well, I bet she already ate dinner...

"It is okay~" Kojin chimed. "Ah but I know! Can you sing again?"

I blushed, but I doubt he could see me in this light. "You heard me singing before?" I accused. I would've called him a 'creep' if he hadn't helped me get the soccer ball back.

He laughed, "Yes! You sing good!" Oh goodness, his grammar... I laughed as well.

"Fine! What do you want to hear?"

"Anything!"

"Okay..." I looked up at the stars, thinking of a song. "Oh! I'll sing 'Starry Starry Night'!"

"Okay!" Kojin oppa clapped his hands as I started to sing.

"Starry starry night~ paint your pallet blue and grey..."

When I finished singing, he applauded happily. "Wow! You sing like your sister! Like Gina noona!" All of a sudden, he gasped as if he said something wrong.

"Wait! How did you know Gina is my sister?!" I demanded, poking my head further and further to see who this person was. "Who are you?"

Dok Ko Jin laughed and replied, "I don't know ~" He waved to me, "Bye-yeom!" and disappeared.

"Wait!" but it was too late - he was gone. "Bye...yeom?" WHAT?

ONLY BEAST MEMBERS SAY THAT! WHAT IS THIS? HE SAID HE WAS DOK KO JIN! Who was he? ... which member of BEAST was I talking to?

"Hey!" a voice called out behind me, breaking me from my inner debate. "What are you doing, sticking your head out of the balcony?!"

I was taken by surprise, "Oh my gosh! When did you - arggg!" I tried to get my head through the bars of the railing again, but I couldn't. "FUUU! I'M STUCK!" I cried as Gina stood there laughing as I struggled.

~♡~

[August 21, 2011 @ 10:38AM] I really at making chapter titles ... trying to make chapters longer, but writer's block grr...

Okay next chapter now xD Comments would be nice teehee ♥

- Tokki