How It Started

Living In Fiction

Chapter One --*

Now Playing: BEAST Is The B2ST / BEAST

Your P.O.V. ♥

“Yoboseyo?”

“UNNIE~!” I chimed into my phone happily. I placed my cell between my ear and shoulder while my hands were busy packing.

“Omo – ______! Is that you?”

“Neh! How are you, unnie?”

“Umm… I’m f-fine, thank you. I’m working on some new songs for my next album. How is the weather in Canada, my princess?” my sister used the silly nickname she gave me when I was seven. She had dropped the Korean and spoke in English now.

“It’s gotten a lot warmer – I think I’m gonna melt! Oh, and I hope you’re doing your best with your upcoming album, hwaiting!” I smiled happily and continued in English, “Guess what? Mommy and daddy are going to Hawaii for vacation~”

“Oh my gosh. I. AM. JEALOUS! Are you going with them?”

I mentally shuddered. “Aniyo, they deserve some ‘alone time’,” I giggled and began stripping my closet full of clothes. My tiny dog, Bobo climbed on top of my folded clothes, trying to mess it up.

“Eh? But then what are you doing?” her voice was full of concern; a typical sceptic sister tone.

I smiled into the phone and exclaimed, “Surprise~! I’m visiting you in Korea!” My hands shooed the Shih Tzu away and reached for the suitcase on my bed to slam it together.

“WHAAAT? REALLY?!” Her usually sweet voice broke into a shriek. I held my iPhone as far as possible from my ear. Bobo heard her scream too and hid under my blankets, trembling.

“Yeah… is something wrong?” my voice sounded worried. Does she not want me to visit her?

The brushing on the other sounded like she was shaking her head. She cleared her voice with a cough. “Aniyo! I just wasn’t expecting that~”

I grinned and sat down on my bed, swinging my legs. “So you will take care of me while I’m there, right?” My other option was to stay at grandma’s house for the entire summer; no thank you. “Or is the famous G.NA too busy to hang out with her own little sister?” I evidently pouted into the phone to make her feel guilty if that was the case. I rubbed Bobo’s head to calm him down.

There was a brief silence followed by a sneeze, but Gina sighed, “Fine, fine. You can come live with me for the summer, happy?”

I hopped off of my bed and cheered victoriously. “YAY! SARANGHEYO UNNIE ♥”

“Oppa, here I come~!” I whispered, rolling up my BEAST poster. 

~♡~

 

I’m so screwed.

Dragging my luggage behind me, I was slowly making my way out of the airport in a daze. Bobo was stuck in a cage tied to my suitcase. I took out my cell phone and pressed a number on my speed dial. My sister had shipped a new SIM card along with money a week after I told her I was going to visit her.

“GINA YOU BABO!” I growled into the small device as soon as she picked up. “Why didn’t you come meet me at the airport?” A warm breeze hit my face as I walked out of the nicely air conditioned building. I stood at the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for a taxi.

“Mianhae~ I’m… really busy,” my sister replied. There was a slight hesitation in her words, but I was too angry to care. “Call for a taxi, I’ll tell the driver where to go.”

“Kay…” I mumbled, opening the door of a taxi that stopped in front of me. He opened the trunk of his car and I threw my suitcase inside. I unlocked the cage and let Bobo slip inside my handbag. Thank goodness he’s so small.

It felt nice to be air conditioned again. Taking a seat at the back of the taxi, I handed the driver my phone so at least one of us knows where I’m going. So embarrassing~

He handed back my cell phone. “Gomawoyo…” My Korean is so basic arg.

“No problem,” the driver smiled as I blushed. I fumbled with my phone and spoke into it, “Hello? Unnie?”

“Yoboseyo, you mean,” G.NA laughed at my broken Korean.

 “Ha ha.” Not amused. “So where am I headed?”

“Straight to my apartment. I’ll meet you there, bye!”

“Alright,” I sighed and hung up.

A whimper echoed inside my bag. I searched a side pocket for dog treats and handed a few to the puppy. “Don’t make a mess,” I joked.

I looked down at my left arm. From far away, people would think I have a tattoo there, but it’s actually just pen. It’s awkward, but essential for my survival here.

In my head, I read one of the sentences on my arm: Hwa-jang-shil-i o-di-ye-yo?(Where is the bathroom?)

It’s romanized, so it’s less embarrassing. There were about ten phrases scribbled from my wrist to my elbow. My Korean was that bad. Sigh.

“We’re here, Miss,” the taxi driver announced.

“Gomawoyo,” I smiled, paying the amount on the meter.

Back to the warm summer air again. I got out of the taxi and heaved my luggage out. The car drove away as soon as I slammed the trunk. It was really bright outside, so I pulled out my shades from my bag, along with my phone.

I unlocked my phone and called my sister once again.

“Yoboseyo?”

“I’m here~”

“Ahh~ good. You know my apartment number – I’ll see you soon~”

“But I need –“ The line went dead. “… Help with my stuff.”

Sigh. I guess I’m on my own.

I dragged my luggage into the building, sighing in relief that there was air conditioning again. I pressed the elevator button to go up from the ground floor and almost immediately, the doors opened.

The elevator doors was about to close when suddenly someone called out in Korean, “Wait!” My finger quickly pressed the button to open the doors again.

He quickly slid into the small lift. “Gomawo,” the BEAST member smiled at me.

~♡~

YAY FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETE ^^ How do you like it so far ? I have a few ideas about how the plot's gonna work but it's not finalized yet ㅜㅜ comments&suggestions below ? ♥ (p.s. i love y'all who subscribe even before i wrote a chapter LOL)

& also for people who read my first fanfic Junseob Moments, I know i haven't updated for a long time, so I will work on that now ^^" BYE-YEOM ♥ ♥ ♥

- Tokki ♡ { 110705 * 3:30pm }