Angel of the dumpster

House of Fate

"I'm going now okay?" A young woman shouted from the front door of a two story house. The day has just reached 7 in the morning but the whole occupants of the house were already busy to start their days.

"Don't forget to buy another pack of ramen, we ran out of them!" Another shout, this time from the opposite , came from inside the house.

"Arasso! Bye guys~" She shouted once again and took her step until she's outside the gate. She stopped and glanced one last time to the house she's been staying in for almost forever. The sight of this house always makes her smile with warmth because no matter how hard life was out there, at the end of the day she would come home and things would be fine again. 

She loves the house, and she loves the people who lives there even more.

She let out a happy sigh and continued to walk towards her first destination this morning; grocery store. Just like any other day, she met the same people along the road; newspaper boy, an old couple who jogs in the morning, next door ahjussi who always wash his car in the morning, and also a little boy and his sister in their elementary school uniforms going to school. They were her 'morning people', as she likes to call them. As always, they greeted her with friendly smiles on their face.

"Doing groceries? Be careful on the road noona!" The newspaper boy waved his hands and grinned showing her his white teeth.

"You too! Don't be late for school later okay~" She waved back and watched as the boy pedaled his bike away from her.

 

She continued her morning trip to her usual grocery store and greeted by a woman in her mid fifties.

"Good morning, Dahee.."

"Morning ahjumma, what do you have today?"

"Look at this tuna, it's fresh from the sea! Make sure to get this Dahee-ah, I'll give you discount!" The grocery store ahjumma said excitedly and put one into a plastic bag before Dahee could even answer. Dahee just laughed and decided to just buy it, the guys would love some tuna for their dinner anyway.

She looked around the store and bought some more things she needed, and she suddenly remembered a box of kimchi she got a couple of weeks ago. She remembered how the maknae of the house, Zelo, ate almost everything without sparing any for his hyungs. 

"Ah ahjumma, do you remember the kimchi you gave me? Where can I buy it?" She asked the older woman who was now serving another customer.

"It's my homemade kimchi. Why? Do you like it?"

"Jinja?? It's so delicious! Actually, Zelo seemed to love it so much so I was intending to buy some more. But if that's the case..."

"Aigoo..I can just give you again! I still have a couple of jars, I'll give you one okay?" 

"No, ahjumma, you don't have to.." Dahee waved her hands in front of her to kindly reject ahjumma's offer.

"I insist. It makes me happy to know that that cute boy actually loves my kimchi. I'll tell my son to deliver it to you later.." Ahjumma patted Dahee's shoulder and she bowed thankfully.

"Ah nae..kamsahamnida." 

She looked at her shopping bag and checked if she bought everything already. When she decided that she didn't forget anything she reached for her wallet and gave the money to ahjumma. After bowing to her one last time, Dahee continued walking to the direction of a convenience store to buy some packs of ramen. 

 

The guy behind the convenience store's counter greeted her good morning when he saw the automatic door opened. Dahee grabbed two packs of ramen and a bottle of milk for her to drink, then she put them on the counter waiting for the guy to ring it.

"How are you, Dahee-ssi?" He asked with a smile

"FIne, thanks. Morning shift today?" She asked him because the last time she met the guy was when she just came home from work around midnight.

"Yeah. Anyway, be careful when you walk in the night okay..it's better if you don't walk alone."

"Why? Is there something happened?" She asked him, curious. 

"Last night I heard people talking about a thief or something. Well, it never hurts to be careful right?"

"Okay, I will be careful. Anyway, thanks." She gave him a smile and paid for her ramen.

 

She don't have to go to work today so she decided that it would be fun if she took a detour on her way home, enjoying the morning air a little bit more. The house would be empty at this time of day and she bet she would be bored trying to find anything to do by herself. Maybe I could do some cleaning.. she thought to herself.

A small meow sounds brought her back from her thought and she looked around to find the source of the sounds. Across the street, she saw a white cat ducking its face inside a plastic of trash looking for food. She remembered the milk she bought at the convenience store earlier. She crossed the street and squated besides the cat, trying to open her milk bottle. It turned out that the cap was harder to open than she thought.

"There we go!" She raised her head after she succeeded in opening the bottle cap but the cat was not there. She looked around and noticed that it has walk away from her and now was ducking its face inside another trash bin near an alley. She stood up and laughed, "Ah there you are.."

She approached the cat one more time only to have it walk away again from her and walked inside the small alley, "You silly cat, can't you see I was trying to give you milk?" She followed the cat until it stopped besides a very big garbage bin. 

"Sshhh...come here. Don't eat from the trash, you'll get sick." She made a sound with to make the cat come at her, "Kitty cat..come here..come on.."

Instead of coming to her, the cat jumped when Dahee walked closer and hide behind the garbage bin. She put her groceries on the ground as she walked step by step towards it. Just when she saw where the cat was hiding, she noticed something. No, someone.

She moved back a couple of steps when she realized that there's someone sleeping besides the cat. It was a young man, which from his appearance doesn't seem far from her age, curling on the corner clutching his stomach. She gasped and put her hand on when she saw the man's condition. It was full of scars and there are even some fresh wounds. 

Is he dead?

Should I call the police?

Questions on her mind faded when she noticed how his chest falls up and down indicating that he was still breathing. She walked slowly to him and squated in front of him. She put her hand on one of his shoulder and shook him lightly, making him let out a low grunt.

"Hey..are you okay?"

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

Yongguk dreamed of an angel. It was the angel from his childhood, when his mother would always tell him that no matter where he goes angels would always look after him. Yongguk never really believes in angels and even as a kid he said that to his mother countless of times, "Omma, angels don't exist..don't try to fool me." But his mother would only smile and said, "When you grew up later, you'll find one of them, and you'll believe me." in which he would scoffed and continued playing with his toys.

Since he lived on the street, he started dreaming of one. Every night when he closed his eyes, he would dream of a graceful figure with soothing lights around her presence and she would sat besides him to calm him down, telling him that everything's okay. He couldn't see her face, only her voice keep playing in his mind. It was soft and delicate..

As soft and delicate as the voice he heard now.

"Hey..are you okay?" 

He let out a low grunt when he felt someone shook his shoulder. He tried to open his eyes but the sunlight blinded him and he closed them again. The cold ground below him forced him to sat up and once again he tried to open his eyes, this time he succeeded.

"Are you okay?" 

He found the source of that voice he heard in his sleep earlier. There was a girl squated in front of him, her hands were still on his shoulder. He looked up to see her face but she was blocking the light, making her face couldn't be seen due to the blinding light that came from behind her. All he could see was how the sunlight framing her silhouette.

"Cheonsa?" He asked in a hoarse voice and soon after he felt like a crazy person for asking it out loud.

"Nae?" The girl frowned her eyebrows in confusion. Did he just call her angel? "Are you okay?" She asked him again.

"Yeah I'm okay.." Yongguk tried to stood up but the lack of energy in his body made him fall forward onto the girl.

"Oh God, no you're not okay.." She sat him down again. Yongguk saw her reached inside her bag and soon after she held up a bottle of milk in front of his face, "Will this help? You look like you haven't eat for days.."

She watched as he drank the milk in big gulps and handed back the bottle to her, "Thank you.." He said in a low baritone voice.

"Can you walk now? Because I really can't hold you up.." She asked him again. This time, Yongguk could see her face clearly and he was right. She was an angel.

Only she was nothing close to the angel he always see in his dreams; the girl in front of him right now was more beautiful. With her fair skin and her deep brown eyes, complimented by small pink lips and medium-length dark hair. One thing that makes her the most beautiful creature for him right now was the worried expression on her face. 

She worried for him.

Why? Yongguk could be a for all she knows, why did she help him? And by what she said earlier, it seemed like she was intending to bring him home with her.

"Why?" Yongguk asked.

"Why what?" 

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you need help. Now, let's go. My home isn't too far from here, please hold on until we got there.." She said matter of factly and didn't give Yongguk any chance to say anything before she pulled him up and tried to support him to walk with all her energy.

 

 

With the last energy she had, she climbed the stairs with Yongguk's arms on her shoulders. From the groans that escaped his lips several times, she knew that he must be in a lot of pain. What did he go through to end up in this condition? Dahee tried hard to brush off her fear of the possibility that the guy besides her were a bad guy afterall.

Dahee let go of him once they got to the bed in one of the bedroom at the second floor. Yongguk laid down on top of the cover and tried to control his breath. He felt really weak from the short walk he just did. He hated it, he was a strong man but now he wasn't even able to walk without a girl supporting him.

"Wait here okay, I'll take the first aid kit.." He watched Dahee walked outside the door and soon after he heard her footsteps climbing down the stairs. He looked around the room and noticed a small study desk right besides the window. On the wall he saw some caps hanged and also there was a skateboard near the door. It must be her brother's room..

Yongguk was almost back to his sleep when Dahee came in with the first aid kit. She sat besides him on the bed and tended to his wounds, "This will hurt..I'm sorry.." She said as she dapped his wounds with a cotton pad and he cringed because of the pain.

"Can you..ummm..lift your shirt? I want to see if there's any wounds.." She said hesitantly.

"Ah sure.." He lifted his shirt up, revealing his toned abs. She mentally cursed herself when she realized that she was staring at Yongguk's body. She cleared and started to tend to the wounds that were all over his body. She did the same with his back until she was sure that every single wound on his body wasn't left untended.

"It's done. You can put your shirt back.." She said and put everything back into the box.

"Thank you.." He put on his shirt and asked her one thing he wanted to know, "Why did you help me?"

"I said it earlier, because you need help. Do I need other reason?"

"You don't know me. What if I turned out to be a ? or a murderer?"

She fell quiet for a second but then she looked straight into his eyes. Those eyes weren't the eyes of a bad person. They were filled with gentleness and bravery at the same time, and whatever it was he went through didn't change those. Those eyes were enchanting her. She had to force herself not to be drown deeper into his eyes.

She sighed and smiled, "Because you're not a , nor a murderer. Or anything close to a bad person."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Let's just say that I'm capable of such things.. Now, you can sleep while I prepare something for you to eat. Call me if you need anything, okay?" She stood up, ready to left the room.

"Wait." Yongguk grabbed her wrist to stop her from going.

"Yes?"

"I didn't get your name.."

"Ah you're right..how about you tell me yours first?" She asked back.

"I'm Bang Yongguk." He said, "What's yours?"

 

"Dahee. Ahn Dahee."

 

He nodded and watched her back disappear from the door. He sighed to himself and closed his eyes. He realized that his mother was right, angel does exist.

He just met one, and her name was Ahn Dahee.

 

 

 

 


AN:

Is this story boring you? I'm sorry :(

It's just Yongguk and OC for now, but the other members of B.A.P would make their appearance one by one as the story goes.

Make sure to keep on reading okay? Hehehe