Step by Step

Postwoman I'm in Love

 

"You know it won't work, Tiff. He will get busy with his school there and our college will start soon so it means both of you will get busy with your two separate worlds. The distance between you two will be too unbearable." Sooyoung tried to knock some sense into her long time best friend.

 

"You don't have to remind me about the bitter future that's about to come, Soo. I appreciate your care toward me but please don't break the last hope I have with this relationship, my relationship." Tiffany defended. She indirectly pleaded the taller girl in front of her.

 

"I'm just trying to state the obvious fact, Tiff. I care for you and you know it. I only want the best for you. When will he leave anyway? Next week? Next two weeks? Next month?" Sooyoung grabbed her pizza slice from the huge rounded plate and shoved it into .

 

"Next 10 days. Happy? Listen, Soo. You know I've been in love with him since we entered high school and-"

 

"It was a crush, Tiff. It wasn't love at first sight. I still remember how you were gawking at him because he's so handsome, tall, muscular, so gay with lovely dimples, nice hair, bla bla bla.." Sooyoung commented animatedly, slightly rolling her eyes while doing so and yes, she didn't like the man Tiffany's seeing now.

 

"I never mentioned about the gay thingy, thank you. Okay, crush, call it whatever you want. After a year idolized him, I finally could get the honor to be his girlfriend, Soo. How could I let him go just like that when we love each other?? Distance doesn't matter. We can always overcome it." Tiffany said confidently. She could only shake her head seeing Sooyoung already grabbed the third slice of the pizza inside their favorite restaurant.

 

"Overcome it? By how? Call each other everyday? You know it will cost you or him too much so let's just eliminate that option. What else do you have in mind?" Sooyoung eyed Tiffany thoroughly. She slowly reached out her hand to take the milkshake and sipped it yet her stare still lingered on the latter.

 

"Uhm.. Letter? We can write each other and pour out our longing feelings on it. Right?" Tiffany paused, contemplating whether it was possible or not to stay in touch just by writing the letters and send it to each other.

 

"For how long?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"For how long you can stay writing to each other. I'm not sure about that, Tiff. I stick to my suggestion. You better end it before your feelings for him get deeper. It will be bad for you, trust me." Sooyoung looked at Tiffany, trying to find some hints whether she could continue her sentences or not. When she saw Tiffany merely pursed her lips, she decided to just continue it.

 

"He will be there to get his bachelor degree, right? It means at the very least he will spend about 4 to 5 years or even more. You have to admit he may be good in sports but not with academic so there's possibility he will spend more time than average people do to achieve the degree. I'm not doubting about your loyalty but how about his loyalty? Are you sure he can handle 5 years or more being loyal to you? He will need someone that can be there whenever he needs her, Tiff and-"

 

"I can always be there for him, Soo. Besides-"

 

"Physically I mean." Sooyoung cut Tiffany halfway.

 

"Listen, I know you dislike him very much even I can't even find the reasons why up until now but this is my life we're talking about, Soo. As much as you force me and insist to inject your opinion about my relationship with him, at the end of the day, it will still be me who can decide about what to do or not to do with the relationship. Correct me if I'm wrong." Tiffany who felt cornered determined to just end their endless argumentation.

 

She loved him and he loved her. What else did she need? Absolutely close to nothing, right? Distance would be the nth things she would be worried about so let's put that aside. Tiffany liked him since the first year of school. He was not only handsome but also gentleman in real life. She remembered how she was saved by him when she was being teased by the bad boys back then. He was there to defend her and protected her. He was willing to be beaten up just to make sure that she's save. So what did distance mean compare to what he had done to her?

 

"You're not wrong at all. I don't like him because there's this something that is suspicious coming from him. His aura says that he's a player or that he just wants to get into your pants and-"

 

"STOP IT! You're going to far, Soo. For your information, we've been together for almost a year but I'm still a , safe and sound. He never touched me in an improper way. He treated me nicely and he was nothing but a good lover for me. Is it wrong if I want to be a good lover for him too??" Tiffany scoffed. She frowned her eyebrows deeply, signaling she was slightly offended and angry for what Sooyoung said about her boyfriend.

 

"I'm sorry, Tiff. I didn't mean to offend you. He might be haven't touched you further than it should be but you never knew whether he's sleeping around out there, right? I've ever seen him hand in hand with another girl out there, for god sake! And you didn't believe me! And how long do you think he can pretend to be this nice around you? He will eventually get tired and leave you, Tiffany!" Sooyoung replied with the same tone. She didn't back out from the argumentation.

 

"It was his cousin, Soo! How many times should I tell you this? Sigh.. This is not helping. Look, I appreciate your concern but that's that, Soo. Stop trying to make me break up with him, stop hinting that you dislike him that much and wanting to separate me from him. You are my best friend and he is my boyfriend. I don't want to fight with you because of him and vice versa, Soo. So please let's put an end to this? Let me love him for as long as I can, even it will hurt me at the end, at least I know that I've given my best effort. Please, Soo?" Tiffany softened her gaze and begged the latter.

 

"Sigh.. Okay, let's end this discussion. Just remember that I'll always be there for you, Tiff. Now let's get out of here, I still have to pick up my sister at school after this? You come?" Sooyoung rose her hand, asking for the bill from the waiter.

 

"Thank you, Soo. Uhm.. He said he would come to pick me up so you can go first." Tiffany shyly smiled.

 

"Are you sure?" Tiffany nodded to Sooyoung's question.

 

"Okay. Suit yourself then. See you tomorrow, Tiff." Sooyoung pulled out some money and paid the bill. Well, she's rich anyway so it wouldn't even matter if she had to be the one to pay the meal everytime they had lunch together. It's not that Tiffany's poor but let's just say, Sooyoung was richer.

 

"Bye, Soo. Drive safely." Tiffany waved to her best friend.

 

She let out a sigh when the taller girl had gone from her sight. She hated this moment, the time where she was at the verge of fighting with her best friend whenever they talked or discussed about her boyfriend. Tiffany had clarified that the girl Sooyoung was seeing was no one but his cousin yet it seemed the taller girl didn't believe it at all. She was tired to be told that her boyfriend was a bad boy, a player, etc etc. She's his lover so supposedly, she knew him the best right? Right.

---------------------------

 

That gloomy, heart shattering day finally came, the day where she would lose half of her heart because it would be brought by her other half. Yep, no one but her lover. She accompanied him to the airport, hugged him for the last time in one year ahead. She hugged him for the longest, conveying her fear and feelings altogether. Her fear of losing him, her feelings of loving him. He patted her back and uttered some comforting words, some of it consisted of promises that he would be back soon, that they would stay in touch through letter and sometime phone call, that he would always visit her whenever summer holiday come, and such.

 

He kissed her and Tiffany replied by kissing him hard on his lips. She knew she wouldn't be able to kiss him anymore for at least a year. He let her and only chuckled afterward. The red color tinted on Tiffany's cheeks when she had done kissing him roughly. The information call had informed him that he should check in and board soon. Tiffany unwillingly let him go from her embrace and the sudden cold engulfed her as soon as she watched her lover stepped inside the boarding room. The tears flew out carelessly from her brown eyes and she couldn't do a thing about it.

 

As what they had promised earlier, their status was still the same even 6 months had passed. Tiffany was glad that she still could call him her lover and that he called her his princess. The feelings were still mutual, she loved him and he loved her. The college had started for both of them yet it didn't prevent her from writing the letter for him almost every day. He was in Japan anyway, they were literally still in the same continent.

 

The letter would take 7 days to arrive, so it meant that in a month they could exchange 2 letters. He sent her one and it would arrive after a week. She would only need a day, nope scratch that, a night to string up sentences after sentences of longing and loving words to him. They fortunately never let the envelope contained only a paper. It would be at least 3 to 5 letters inside the not so small envelope. She was happy and he was happy too and she hoped that they could last until he came back and asked her to marry him or so she thought.

 

The letters would be arrived on Tuesday and that's why she decided not to take any classes on this day. She would spend this special day by staying inside the living room until she could hear the sound of motorbike's engine roaring, followed by a honk coming from the outside. Today was coincidentally Tuesday so as what had been said, Tiffany was now sitting inside the spacious living room, watching random shows on TV, feeling slightly boring for staring at the same thing for the last 2 hours that she felt her eyelids started to get heavy and she was close to shut her eyes until...

 

*HONK HONK*

 

"Wow you're fast as any other day!" The delivery woman or we usually called post-woman commented. She didn't forget to give a generous smile to the person she always met at least 2 times in a month.

 

"Hehehe.. So is there any letter for me?" Tiffany shyly asked, averted her gaze from the brown uniformed woman in front of her.

 

She looked how the shorter woman in front her had shoulder length hair wich was now being tied and formed into pony tail. Her blonde hair covered by the cap she always wore which always replaced by her helmet whenever she ride back her motorcycle. She has brown hazel onxy eyes and a dimple which shown whenever she grinned. Tiffany was oblivious about her age because her looks told her she was still underage. Her voice was soft, tender, sweet, and melodious to her ears.

 

"Yes, there is. Wait, let me search it for you." The post woman climbed off from her bike and stepped a little to the opened bags hanging loosely on her back seat of motorcycle.

 

"Here it is." The girl gave the yellowish brown envelope to Tiffany. The grin appeared on Tiffany's face almost immediately.

 

"Thank you!" Tiffany's smile lingered longer than usual. She showed her particular smile which made her eye dissapeared and turned into crescents moon.

 

"You're welcome, Tiffany." The girl gave a smile which almost as wide as Tiffany.

 

"Wait, how do you know my name?" Tiffany was surprised.

 

They didn't exchange many words during their short meeting. It was only thank you, your welcome, good day, and some words like that. Aside from physical appearance, Tiffany didn't know much about the woman. She didn't even know her name, moreover about anything else beyond. All Tiffany recognized was the sincere smile and gesture coming from her. The aura of her was heartwarming that she felt comfortable around her. But that's that because her heart was belonged to a certain someone now.

 

"From the envelope cover. It's said, 'To: Tiffany Hwang.' So I assume your name is Tiffany, right? Or you won't be this excited whenever you receive the letter addressed here." The girl commented warmly. She again showed her dimple with proud.

 

"Yeah, your guess is right. My name is Tiffany Hwang and since you've acknowledged my name, I guess it will only be fair if you tell me yours." Tiffany reasoned out, feeling kind of happy and fluttered without apparent reason. She thought that maybe because it was caused by the just delivered letter from her lover.

 

"I found out your name on my own, with my own effort so it will only be fair if you try to figure out my name with your effort too." The girl stucked out her tongue playfully and if not because of her cute expression, Tiffany was sure she would already wipe that teasing manner away from her face using violence.

 

"Yah! It's not like your name is important for me anyway. Besides, I have a lover already!" Tiffany huffed. For a second she saw disappointment and sadness reflected on those beautiful eyes but the girl was quick in covering it so Tiffany wasn't sure whether it was only her imagination or not.

 

"Right. Then you don't have to know my name at all. I have to get going now. Don't want to be scolded by my boss only because you ask me to stay longer." The girl had retrieved her normal expression back. She removed the cap which she always wore to defend her head against the heat and put on her helmet.

 

"Who asked you to stay longer. Tsk! So cocky." Tiffany muttered under her breath but was loud enough to be heard by the latter.

 

"Be seeing you soon. Bye!" The girl ignored the remark and started the engine. Soon, she drove off to another destination to deliver the mails.

---------------------------

 

It was almost a year since she had been separated from him. The last letter she received was telling her bad news. He told her how he was sorry toward her for not being able to come home due to his busy activity in university. She told him it was okay and that she was willing to wait another year to meet him. She was trying really hard to be a loyal girlfriend for him, to lock her heart to anyone but him. She wanted to prove to Sooyoung and her other relatives that she could survive the long distance relationship. It was almost a year and there they were, still strong, though, and unaffected by rumors and such. She was happy and still in love with him.

 

Tiffany might me a normal girl in her campus but her beauty said otherwise. She's  much prettier compare to when she was in high school. She decided to let her hair grow longer, her skin tone was brighter since she used car to wherever she go, she had learned to apply her make up to make her hidden beauty revealed, she wore feminine clothes which would show her y body part and made guys drooling over her. In short, she was astounding and made men or women turned their head around whenever Tiffany was passing by. Yet it didn't change her belief to stay loyal to her boyfriend abroad.

 

However it seemed that her lover didn't notice her good intention. He also failed to see how Tiffany had grown from a girl into a lady, a beautiful princess to be exact. She was indeed often sending him pictures of her but usually she sent her bare face or even when she used make up, the picture would only focus and capture her face until it reached her collarbone so he couldn't see how y and hot his girlfriend now compare to the past.

 

Her relationship with the post woman had grown from strangers to acquintances and now they could even be called friends. Tiffany also had learn that her name was Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. How did she find out? Well she had to go to the main office where Taeyeon worked at and described her physical character until the person she asked knew who was the person Tiffany meant. Why would she do that? Well, Tiffany didn't have an answer for that as well.

 

Days passed, months passed and now it had been one and half year since the last time Tiffany saw him. Her friendship with Taeyeon was getting closer that they even had exchanged their numbers and sometimes texting each other when Tiffany bored or when Taeyeon wanted to tease the latter. It was a lie, a big one if Tiffany said she still loved him the same. Tiffany didn't feel that excited anymore to receive the letter from him. She was happy but nothing more than that. Regardless that, Tiffany was always waiting for Tuesday to come because she could meet Taeyeon and chat or joke around for at least 10 to 30 minutes before Taeyeon had to return to her job.

 

It was another Tuesday which meant she would get the letter from him. As usual, Taeyeon would blow her horn and gave Tiffany letter. They chatted, talked, joked around, and such for a while. Taeyeon left and Tiffany would turn back her body and entered her house. Anyhow the letter was different from any other letters she had received so far. The letter's content was hurting and painful well at least for Tiffany. He wrote about how their relationship would never work out because of the distance, their lack of communication, the impossibility to protect and take care of each other physcially, and the slowly dissipating flame of love that started to die out.

 

Tiffany couldn't lie that she felt disappointed and hurt. She hoped he would always be her lover and that she would always be his lover in return. She felt she had wasted her years just to hope for something which was close to impossible. Her hope was vanished in an instant; sadness and grief possessed her. Sooyoung was right, her families were right, they wouldn't last forever, they didn't last long. Weirdly, Tiffany only felt hurt for being left out since he stated he had found another lover and had been together for almost a year when Tiffany was still single, foolishly waiting for someone who would never return.

 

Yes, he cheated on her and yes Tiffany was angry with that fact. Tiffany felt disappointed not for him but more for herself, for being idiot and stupid, thinking that they could make it work, that they could make it through the storm and yet she was wrong. Tiffany showed her resentment by not replying his letter. She even braved enough to gather all his letters and burned it until there was nothing left. She cried her heart out that night and by the end of the day, she had promised not to waste her tears anymore for that jerk.

 

It's been 2 weeks since she hadn't replied the last letter and she didn't receive another one too. She missed her. Yes, you didn't read wrongly. It was her, not him. The person whom Tiffany meant was no one but Taeyeon. She longed for her presence, her familiar yet unique laugh, her dimple, her silly jokes, her warmhearted gaze, and practically her everything. Since he didn't send any letter, it left Taeyeon to have no obligation to visit Tiffany just to come over or play with her. Well, Taeyeon's visit was only Tiffany's hope and imagination by the way.

 

Tiffany gasped. She popped her eyes open widely, slightly left parted and jaw hanging loosely. She covered with her palm. She just realized that it was not only him who was cheating but she cheated on him also. She didn't cheat him physically since she never did that far with Taeyeon. The furthest she did was touch Taeyeon's arms or slap her shoulder whenever she made a silly joke of her korean name.

 

Now that she remembered again, she couldn't deny the fact that she felt tingling sensation whenever she touched Taeyeon or vice versa. She would always reluctantly look away whenever Taeyeon stared at her for too long or when Taeyeon touched her longer than usual or when she heard those familiar laughters which sounded like a melody to her ears. Tiffany shook her head frantically, didn't like the idea that she had changed her preference and had officially joined the gay club thanks' to Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany gulped hard. She didn't have any photograph of Taeyeon yet she could picture the girl's face crystal clear. She could draw her thin yet kissable lips, her cute nose, her onyx eyes, her close to none eyebrows, her wavy blonde hair, her below average height, her sweet smile, her y body, well practically her everything. Tiffany slapped her own face for the nth time, trying to wake her crazy self-up from the confusion. She didn't want to be gay yet she also couldn't deny her feelings for Taeyeon.

 

"Aaghh.. I'm so dead. I haven't seen her for 2 weeks already and I miss her like crazy." Tiffany muttered alone. She plopped down her body and lay on her back on the couch.

 

"And the fact that I don't mind being gay for her.. Ugghh Tiffany Hwang, back to earth! You have to be straight!!" Tiffany continued talking to herself.

 

"But if you are allowed to bend the rules as long as you don't break it then it means I also can bend my preference, right? Aha! Briliant!" Tiffany clapped her hands excitedly.

 

"Err I forgot to think the most important thing. Does she even like me? Geez! How can she when we can't even meet each other any longer except.." Tiffany paused.

 

"Aha! Except she has responsibility to deliver the letter to my house and since that jerk doesn't send me any letter anymore then perhaps I should be the one who should make the letter and send it to my own house. Hahaha.. Silly yet I don't have any other idea beside that. Love is indeed a crazy thing." Tiffany snapped her fingers and sneered. She felt so smart for finding ways to meet Taeyeon and if possible, she wanted the meetings to be more often.

-------------------------

 

Dear Taeyeon,

 

Taetae, this would be my first letter for you yet it will still be addressed to my house. I know it sounds stupid but that's what love can do, right? Making normal people become crazy and idiot and I'm one of that people. Since I don't really know what to write, I treat this stupid opportunity to write my own feelings for you so yeah, you can call it my personal diary. I know you won't read it and that's why I can freely write about everything and nothing here.

 

And did I just call you Taetae? Omo! *blushed.. It's my nickname for you! It sounds cute, right? Do you like it? No? T.T

 

If only you read it then you'll know about my feelings for you. My boyfriend has broke up with me some time ago but what's weird is, I don't mind at all! I mean, of course I felt hurt, betrayed, cheated, disappointed and any negative feelings you may mention but that's that. The grief and sadness didn't last long though. I did cry for a whole day but when that day has ended, I felt nothing. It's like I never had those bad experiences. And you know what,, I'm single now!!! Oh my this is kind of new for me!!

 

First paragraph has described that love is capable to make normal people become crazy, right? And yes, I'm in love with someone now and what makes it much crazier is the fact that I'm in love with a woman instead of a man and yes the person is you, Taetae. *blushed harder. Okay, I'm too shy to even continue it. I'll explain why in the next letter. Errm.. I hope to see you soon. I love you, Taeyeon. *blushed again.

 

With Love,

 

Tiffany Hwang

 

Tiffany's redden cheeks were still detected and it lingered longer that it was still there when Tiffany already put the letter and put it inside the envelope. She unconciously curled her fingers when she reread the letter earlier. A wide smile reflected on her face when she reminded of the girl whom she loved. Tiffany didn't forget to attach the stamp and headed downstairs.

 

She drove her pink city car for more than an hour to different city. She had to leave Soul and send the letter from other post office. It would be weird and stupid if the receiver had the same address as the sender. Fortunately, she's bright enough to realize it. She randomly roamed the suburb area, trying to find some address that could capture her eyes. A happy smile resurfaced along with a snap of her fingers. She quickly wrote down the address and went to the post office to send the letter made by herself.

 

She handed over the letter covered by the envelope to one of the employee there. Tiffany didn't forget to utter thank you words to him and walked out from the post office. She took a glance at her watch, knowing she would have important exam at 4 pm. Luckily she's smart so she didn't take too much time to study. The smile was hard to get rid of. She remembered how she would have long holiday right after the exam seasons end and it would be less than a week more. She pumped her fist and started the engine, headed to her campus.

 

Smiles accompanied her along the way. She knew the letter would be arrived tomorrow since it's not from Japan anymore. Tiffany enchanted yes word when she knew she would have nothing to do tomorrow. She also didn't have to wait until Tuesday arrived anymore. Tiffany could see Taeyeon as often as she could write. If she wrote 2 times a week then she would be able to see her loved one twice a week and so on. However, Tiffany told herself to stay low at least for now so the most she would write would be two times a week. At least, two times a week was much better than two times a month. Right? Right.

--------------------

 

*HONK HONK*

 

"Hi to you too, Fany! Whoaa.. Calm down.. Breathe properly first. I'm not going anywhere." Taeyeon approached the panting girl who bended her body. The shorter one rubbed Tiffany's back.

 

"Hi.. *pant* Tae.. *cough*.. Sorry. Hehehe." Tiffany composed herself and stood up properly.

 

"I was upstairs when I heard your horn so I ran all the way down here." Tiffany explained.

 

"Why should you? I'd still leave the letter inside the mailbox even if you weren't home." Taeyeon said while searching for the letter for Tiffany.

 

"Uhm.. Nothing. So where's my letter?" Tiffany diverted the topic. She blushed and fortunately Taeyeon was busy seeking for her letter so she didn't notice it.

 

"Here it is! Eh wait.. It's not from Japan anymore. Wuii,, is there someone else, Fany? Hahhaha.. What a naughty girl." Taeyeon teased Tiffany like any other day. She postponed the intention to give away the letter and still held it in tightly with her palm.

 

"Yah! Of course not. Besides, we're not together anymore. So it will be alright even if I like someone else." Tiffany defended herself. She protruded her tongue at Taeyeon.

 

"Eh? You two break up? Why? I thought you told me that long distance relationship was possible as long as the feelings were mutual. So, what happened?" Taeyeon turned serious. She caringly asked with hint of attentiveness in her voice tone.

 

"He apparently just a jerk who cheated on me for almost a year before finally admitting it to me. The last letter of him contained of sorry words and such. Well, in short, that's what happened." Tiffany felt warm feeling creeping inside her heart seeing Taeyeon's concern to her.

 

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. He just doesn't know what he had lost. You're beautiful inside out. In no time, I'm sure there will be numerous guys out there who want you as their lover. Don't worry, Fany." Taeyeon complimented, trying to cheer up her one of favorite customers.

 

"Thank you, Tae. But what will you do if the person you like is still oblivious with your feelings?" Tiffany stared at Taeyeon right in the eyes, conveying her love feelings for Taeyeon but of course the shorter girl was clueless with that.

 

"What's with the sudden question? You like a new one already? Wow that's fast.. Is is the man who sent you this letter? Err.. Taecyon?" Taeyeon read the sender's name on the envelope.

 

"Hahaha.. Yes, it's he-him.. So what will you do?" Tiffany chuckled and almost accidentally spilled the real gender of the person she loved. She also deliberately used similar name. Taeyeon vs Taecyon. There's only a C that differentiated it.

 

"Uhm.. I will try my best to show my positive side to him yet won't try to hide my real characters. I will be just me in hope he can like me as I am, the real me." Taeyeon blurted out her opinion.

 

"Is that all?" Tiffany asked again. She made sure she had written Taeyeon's precious advices before.

 

"Aside of that. I'll try to meet him as often as I can. I think the possibility of being in love with each other increases if you meet each other often. Like best friends who eventually become lover and such." Taeyeon contemplated whether she had any useful suggestion left to help Tiffany or not.

 

"Well, I guess that's all from me." Taeyeon ended her explanation. She pulled up her chin just to find Tiffany staring at her intensely.

 

"Is there something on my face?" Taeyeon moved her face closer to Tiffany until their faces was separated only by 2 inches.

 

"Eh? Huh? Oh.. Nothing. Sorry for staring." Tiffany regained her consciousness and quickly averted her gaze. The colors of her cheeks slowly changed into a more pinkish one.

 

"You're cute.. Hahaha.. Okay then, I think I have to go now. Don't want to be lectured by by boss later. Good luck with your love life and see you, Fany." Taeyeon winked and wore her helmet. She ascended her motorbike and the engine.

 

"Thanks', Tae and srive safely." Tiffany reminded. Taeyeon nodded and waved her hand.

----------------------

 

As Tiffany wished for, they met more often than before. Tiffany would write on Sunday night or Monday morning and headed to the same city she had visited before to send the letter along with Taeyeon would arrive on Tuesday. Tiffany didn't bother to read the letter since it was her own writing regarding the latter. Tiffany would write again on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning so she could meet Taeyeon on Thursday. It went on and on repetitively. Tiffany felt glad and happy for meeting Taeyeon for more than one time a week.

 

What would Tiffany write? She would write almost everything concerning her Taetae. Yes, she called Taeyeon her Taetae in her letter. Tiffany went braver in each letter, saying Taeyeon was hers, criticizing Taeyeon's new haircut, saying her wishes to see Taeyeon in normal casual clothes, complimenting Taeyeon's tender attitude toward her etc etc etc. Tiffany's confession was bolder too by now. She would be exaggerating in saying love words for Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany too would make sure she would get at least one new information about Taeyeon in every meeting they had. One time she asked Taeyeon's favorite color which were blue and purple, after that she would ask how many siblings that Taeyeon had, the next one, she asked what Taeyeon's hobbies were, etc etc. She would immediately wrote down her new information about her Taetae on her real personal diary. By now, she had already more than 10 pages contained informations about Taeyeon. It's been a month and it left her only another month before she had to go back to university. The holiday would last for 2 months and she wasted the first month to learn about her new world and hobby. It's no one but Taeyeon of course.

 

*HONK HONK*

 

"Wow you're fast! Am I easy to read nowadays? It seems that you know at what time I'll be coming." Taeyeon removed her helmet and thick jacket from her body. It's almost winter now and the temperature had dropped quite fast recently.

 

"Well, it's just a coincidence. I was watching when you came. Hey, do you want to come in first? It's cold outside. Maybe I can prepare you hot chocolate to fulfill your energy before you have to go back to work." Tiffany put on her slipper and went down to open the gate.

 

"Uhm.. Won't I trouble you? Besides don't you have any class? I remember you mentioned you would only off on Tuesday beside Saturday and Sunday but today is Thursday." Taeyeon tapped her chin cutely while trying to recall Tiffany's words long time ago.

 

"Of course not! And I'm on my long holiday now. I don't have to go to campus for at least another month. Come in, Tae. You can also park your motorbike there." Tiffany cooed Taeyeon to bring her motorbike in by opening the gate wider.

 

"Ah that's why I can see you more often. I thought you purposely skipped class to meet me." Taeyeon teased the other girl. She went down from her motorbike and moved it carefully to the empty space near Tiffany's front door.

 

"Don't be too cocky, Kim Taeyeon. Why would I do that anyway?" Tiffany said loudly while giving her back view to Taeyeon, afraid the latter might found out her crimson red cheeks.

 

"Hehehe.. I don't know. Who knows I'm attractive enough for you that you can't help but falling for me, right?" Taeyeon who didn't realize the impact of her words and kept teasing Tiffany whose cheeks were getting redden and redden in each second passed.

 

"Shut up and stop teasing me." Tiffany warned Taeyeon. She inhaled and tried to be serious even if she knew she would be failed anyway.

 

"Dae!" Taeyeon stomped her feet and faked a salute to Tiffany. She grinned and acted as cute as possible.

 

Taeyeon followed Tiffany. She entered the front door and removed her shoes. She tidied up her shoes and put it aside. It would be the first time for Taeyeon to come inside Tiffany's house. Taeyeon had visited some of her customers also, usually if it rain suddenly or there were big storms or if the environment was too windy. However today was bright with clouds decorated the sky. It was only the temperature that was colder than usual and that's why Taeyeon brought her jacket along. Aside from that, Taeyeon thought there was no difficult problem. But here she was, agreeing with the offer almost as soon as Tiffany persuaded her. But hey, they were no longer mere post woman and her customers. They were friends, close enough too so it's normal with friends to visit each other, right? Right.

 

"You can wait here and turn the TV on while I'm in the kitchen. What do you want? Hot coffee? Hot chocolate? Or hot tea maybe? And have you had breakfast? I can make you toasts if you want to." Tiffany gestured where the couch and TV were located at. She asked Taeyeon to sit on the couch shyly.

 

"Naah.. Let me prepare it myself. You can make the toast while I'm making our drinks. How does that sound? And nice house by the way, it would be nicer if the dominant color isn't pink though." Taeyeon commented. She roamed her eyes around Tiffany's interrior, started from her wallpaper, the stairs, the cabinet, and such.

 

"But you're my guest so it should be my responsibility to serve you. Thank you for the compliment but pink is my favorite color." Tiffany replied. She came behind Taeyeon and grasped her shoulders, helping to move her to the couch.

 

"I've guessed that much." Taeyeon nodded, she walked to where Tiffany directed her to.

 

"But we're friends, aren't we? I'm not your guest, but I'm your friend. So let me help you, Fany." Taeyeon finally realized Tiffany was trying to make her sit. She halted and turned her body around.

 

"So where's the kitchen?" Taeyeon grinned and asked the latter. Tiffany was caught off guard with sudden closeness between her and Taeyeon's face. She was dazed, mesmerized. Taeyeon was not only beautiful, but she's also adorable. Tiffany thought that in her mind.

 

"Ah! I guess you just admit that I'm attractive. You can't even response to my question. Hahaha.. Cute Miyoungie." Taeyeon added. She pinched Tiffany's already blushed cheeks and stepped away, trying to find her way out to the kitchen on her own.

 

"E..eh??" Tiffany had been standing in the same position for few seconds. She ressurected from her imagination and blushed even harder.

 

"Oh my! Wake up, Tiff! Geez.. It's so embarrassing!!" Tiffany slapped her forehead and went to the kitchen just to find Taeyeon who was currently waiting for the water to boil.

 

Taeyeon leaned back on the counter and had her hands crossed on her chest. She hummed some random songs and hadn't noticed Tiffany was now inside the kitchen too. Tiffany used this chance to stare at Taeyeon for the longest, trying to find some spots about Taeyeon's physical appearance that she hadn't known of. Taeyeon felt goosebumps that she turned her head to Tiffany's direction. Now it was Tiffany who was clueless that Taeyeon had put her eyes back on Tiffany.

 

"Am I that adorable that you can't even take your eyes off of me?" Taeyeon didn't forget to turn the stove off before walking to Tiffany's direction.

 

"Eh?" Tiffany was taken aback for the nth time in the last few minutes. It hadn't even been an hour since Taeyeon had entered her house yet the effect had been this huge for Tiffany's poor heart.

 

"Fany-ah, are you sick somehow? You seem lost and your cheeks are pink too." Taeyeon attached her palm on Tiffany's forehead to feel the temperature.

 

".........." Tiffany was stunned. She felt that even the slightest touch of Taeyeon could make her weak heart beating out like crazy.

 

"Hmm.. The temperature is normal though. Maybe you're lack of sleep. Now go to the living room and let me do the honor to prepare nutritious breakfast for you." Taeyeon smiled and pushed Tiffany from behind toward the living room.

 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you today. I'll stay here at least until lunch. Fortunately my boss isn't around today so yeah I don't really need to rush like any other day before." Taeyeon continued talking, totally unaware about Tiffany who was still shocked from everything that had occurred since she let Taeyeon entered her house.

 

"Wait here okay? I'll be back before you knew it." Taeyeon playfully ruffled Tiffany's hair and gave her warm smile before going back to the kitchen.

 

"Jesus I think I'm really in love with her. My heart is beating out loudly now and I even can still feel her tender touch on my body. Oh my, I think I'm going crazy because of her." Tiffany mumbled and closed her eyes, unknowningly grinned when she pictured Taeyeon's face. She then did as Taeyeon said, waiting while imagining things she might do with Taeyeon later.

----------------------

 

*HONK HONK*

 

"Whooaaa, fast as usual. Wait! You've broken your record today!! Throw the confetti!!" Taeyeon announced happily. She closed the stopwatch application and grinned at Tiffany.

 

"Tsk! Exaggerating." Tiffany honestly felt embarrassing. She made a note in mind not to walk out too quick next time.

 

"Here's the letter, Your Majesty." Taeyeon bowed lowly and gave the envelope for Tiffany.

 

"What's wrong with you and your too much behavior today, Tae?" Tiffany came closer, let the gate opened and took the letter from Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Wae?? Am I not allowed to be happy early in the morning?" Taeyeon asked back.

 

Since yesterday incident, Taeyeon made a promise to Tiffany to deliver the letter early each day so they could have breakfast together. It had been a week by now and Taeyeon was still steady in keeping her promise to Tiffany. She would arrive at 6 am in the morning and they would spend 2 hours together to have simple breakfast and chat about anything. They would take turn to make breakfast. Tiffany would make American style breakfast while Taeyeon was talented in making Korean style breakfast.

 

"Not really. I'm just curious with your vivid mood so early in the morning." Tiffany yawned. Because of the promise, Tiffany had to set the alarm at 5 am every day, took a quick bath and made sure she had applied some make up before Taeyeon came. She wanted to look beautiful in Taeyeon's eyes.

 

"I'm just happy. It's been sometime and you and him are still steady sending each other letters. It means a good sign, right? When are you planning to meet him in person?" It's a habit for Taeyeon to have breakfast in Tiffany's place so she had known her way around Tiffany's house. She moved her bike and parked it on her usual spot.

 

"Meeting him?" Tiffany was still sleepy so her right mind hadn't gathered together.

 

"Yes, him.. The person you exchange letter with. How many months have it been? 2? Have you ever met him anyway? Where did you know him?" Taeyeon's questions didn't stop. She brought her helmet with her and went inside Tiffany's house.

 

"Oh him! Of course I've met him but not that often." Tiffany lied. She helped Taeyeon remove the jacket and hung it on the gallows.

 

"How often?" Taeyeon put her bag on the coffee table and sat on there for a while, still recovering from the cold and windy environment outside.

 

"About 2 times a week." Tiffany improvised. She then occupied the space beside Taeyeon.

 

"2 times a week yet you still insist with writing each other 2 letters each week. Wow, Tiffany! Wow! You really are in love with him that much, aren't you? Eiii.. Come on tell me, who's that unlucky person?" Taeyeon faked a clap and waggled her eyebrows playfully to tease the latter.

 

"Yaahh! Stop teasing me! And yes I'm so in love, so what?" Tiffany blushed. She actually felt bored of blushing everytime she encountered Taeyeon but it seemed her body couldn't cooperate well with her. She wanted to act cool and unaffected in front of Taeyeon yet her attempts proved to be failed.

 

"Nothing. Hehehe.. What are you to him then? Since I'm sure he is a very precious person you're so in love with for you." Taeyeon stood up and headed to kitchen. Today was supposedly to be Taeyeon's turn to cook.

 

"Right. I don't know what I am in her I mean his eyes. I really hope he feels the same but well.." Tiffany shrugged.

 

She wasn't able to continue her sentence. It was true, Tiffany didn't have any clue regarding what Taeyeon felt about her. She however hoped that Taeyeon would at least interested with her but then again, she didn't even know what Taeyeon's preference was. Amongst the questions she had asked, she avoided this question the most. She was afraid if the answer wasn't to her expectation. What if Taeyeon turned out to be straight? What if Taeyeon was actually had married? What if-

 

"Fany-ah.. Hey! Hello!! Back to earth, Fany-ah.. Sighed let's see if that tale is true." Taeyeon leaned in and kissed Tiffany's cheek.

 

"Oh my and now she's fainted!" Taeyeon groaned. She silently slapped her forehead seeing Tiffany lost her sanity and fell back again on the couch with her eyes shut tightly.

 

"I guess I've been deceived by Sleeping Beauty tale. The story said that with a kiss, the princess could be ressurected. Vice versa, Tiffany is now fainted. Geez.. I think Mom is right. Fairy tale doesn't apply in real world." Taeyeon talked to herself. She bended her body and tried to fix Tiffany's position. Once she was sure Tiffany's alright yet still fainted, she left to the kitchen to cook the breakfast.

---------------------

 

"Ugh.." Tiffany grumbled. She rubbed her eyes, trying to remember what had happened and why she was in this state.

 

"Hey, you're awake? I didn't have chance to ask what you wanted for breakfast so I just made kimchi fried rice and since I don't know whether you like spicy food or not, I made it not too spicy." Taeyeon greeted Tiffany warmly, bringing two plates contained of the fried rice and served it on the coffee table in front of Tiffany.

 

"What happened?" Tiffany slowly brought herself to sit up and scooted to give Taeyeon some space.

 

"You were daydreaming and I foolishly thought that Sleeping Beauty story was real. I assumed a kiss could bring you back from your daydreaming yet you directly fainted right after I gave you a kiss on your cheek." Taeyeon explained coolly, didn't notice Tiffany's expression that had changed.

 

"You kissed me?" Tiffany was more than surprised to hear that. She recalled what had happened before she fainted and a smile crept her eyes when she remembered the kiss.

 

"Yeah. Sorry for that.. Believing in fairy tale is stupid and yes, I've learnt my lesson." Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's answer. She led her palm to touch the spot where Taeyeon kissed her earlier and she smiled again.

 

"Hey? Fany-ah.. Oh no, you're daydreaming again." Taeyeon let out a sigh and decided to just retrieved the warm drinks she had made earlier from the kitchen.

 

"Here.. I made you hot ginger tea. I hope it can warm up your body." Taeyeon placed the mug in front of Tiffany.

 

"Thank you." Tiffany grinned. She showed her familiar eye smile to the latter.

 

"You're most welcome." Taeyeon tried to mimick the eye smile yet failed miserably.

 

"Hahaha.. You're not good in doing that, Taeta- Taeyeon-ah.. Now, shall we eat?" Tiffany faked a cough and silently sipped her drink, hoping Taeyeon didn't hear her cute nickname for Taeyeon made by her.

 

"Sure.. Let's eat!!" Taeyeon nodded and clasped her hands together to pray.

 

"Taeyeon, this is delicious!!" Tiffany exclaimed with her loud voice.

 

"Thank you for the compliment! I'm happy you like it. Kimchi fried rice is the kind of cook that I'm proud with the most." Taeyeon spooned her rice and brought it to .

 

"Yep! You're great in making it." Tiffany added.

 

"Anyway, Fany-ah. I've been meaning to ask you this for sometime. How old are you?" Taeyeon asked while busy munching her food.

 

"I'm 21 years old. How about you? How old are you?" Tiffany asked back. She was enthusiastic in finishing the food which had become her most favorite food since today onward.

 

"I'm 21 myself too! Wow we have the same age!! I thought you're 27 or something because- OUCH!!" Taeyeon rubbed her arms, slightly pouting with Tiffany's not so tender slap.

 

"Yah!! Do I look that old?!" Tiffany protested.

 

"Hhahaha.. I'm just kidding, Fany-ah. You look young but I feel bad for I know I look much younger than you." Taeyeon snickered. She wriggled her eyebrows, the thing she loved to do whenever she teased Tiffany.

 

"I know I know. I look like a pretty teenager yet you look like a naughty 9 years old, supported with the fact that you've stopped growing since years ago. Hahaha.." Tiffany insulted back. She mimicked Taeyeon's expression and started to wiggle her eyebrows too.

 

"Hmmpphh!! Not fair! You're touching the sensitive topic and insulting physical appearance." Taeyeon pouted again, blowing some air into to make her face like a blowfish.

 

"Hehhehe.. Sorry, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany brought her hands up and palmed Taeyeon's cheeks.

 

"That's okay.. By the way, tell me more about this Taecyon guy. What do you see in him?" Taeyeon took Tiffany's hands from her gently and put it back on Tiffany's thighs.

 

"Uhm.. Why do you want to know?" Tiffany averted the topic. How could she mention Taeyeon's character in front of Taeyeon herself. She could be caught in anytime, right?

 

"I'm just curious." Taeyeon shortly replied.

 

"He is nice, cute, funny, cheerful, a little bit talkative, likes to tease me a lot, handsome, and so generous." Tiffany described while thinking of things she loved from Taeyeon.

 

"Are you sure you're talking about him? Because your descriptions about his behavior is really similar like my behavior. Hahaha.. Come on, Fany-ah.. Be serious, will you?" Taeyeon intended to tease Tiffany yet the latter had shocked expression liked she just by a lightning.

 

"Fany?? Oh not again.." Taeyeon snapped her fingers in front of Tiffany's face.

 

"Eh? Oh! Of course I described him! Besides, what's so good about you? You're a cocky, arrogant, post woman who likes to tease me a lot." Tiffany rolled her eyes, trying hard not to lose control again. She was actually startled when Taeyeon stated it was her she described. Fortunately Taeyeon didn't really mean what she said.

 

"Eii.. I'm a good cook. I'm loyal to you since I visit you at least twice in a week while your crush can only write you letters. It means I'm better than him right? Because I'm always here physically for you when he's not." Taeyeon defended herself. She put down her eating utensils after making sure not even a single rice left on the plate.

 

"Uhm.. He can't visit me because he's on wheelchair. He got an accident and it makes him unable to walk. He's handicap." Tiffany nervously explained. She stuttering because she tried to find a good excuse while Taeyeon thought otherwise.

 

"Oh my! I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know it. Maybe it should have been you to visit him. He's not living that far too. I can even accompany you there on weekend if you want." Taeyeon put her hand on top of Tiffany's. She hugged Tiffany's shoulder with her other hand.

 

"He's so lucky to have you. It's rare to find person who doesn't care about physical condition. You're so lovely, Fany-ah. If I have a chance, I'll tell him directly about it." Taeyeon continued. She did further and by now, she was embracing Tiffany and rested Tiffany's head inside her crook.

 

"Her scent is very addicting and why does she care about my story? Oh my.. I think I've fallen deeper.. And I thought I've reached the bottom yet it seems like a bottomless pit. I can only keep falling and falling again for her. Taeyeon-ah, do you feel the same way?" Tiffany thought in her mind. She clenched Taeyeon's shirt on her waist and hugged her back.

 

"Fany-ah. It must be hard for you but remember that I'll always be here for you, okay?" Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's back tenderly. She thought that Tiffany felt weak and depressed by now. Sigh, if only she knew.

 

"Thank you, Tae." Tiffany pulled away. She realized if she kept hugging Taeyeon and sniffing her wonderful smell, she would have difficulties to let go or even did further like kissing her roughly and dragged the victim inside her bedroom. She shook her head to get rid of those wild and lewd imaginations.

 

"Are you alright?" Taeyeon saw Tiffany shaking her head and grew worried. She tucked Tiffany's long fringe behind her ears.

 

"Y-yes.. I'm fine." Tiffany was nervous again. Each and every little thing Taeyeon did brought a great impact to her body like now; her heart was beating uncontrollably.

 

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon asked again.

 

"Yes.. I'm okay, Tae." Tiffany nodded.

 

"Tae, it's 8 am already. Don't you think you have to work?" Tiffany unwillingly informed the latter. She still wanted the girl to stay yet she knew she would be selfish if she pretended to be sick and made Taeyeon stay a little while longer.

 

"Ah yes, you're right. Can I use your toilet for a moment?" Taeyeon stood up, bringing the dirty plates with her and went to the kitchen once Tiffany allowed her to use the toilet.

 

Taeyeon put the dirty plates in the sink and didn't wash it. She knew the rules where the cook would cook and the other would wash the dishes afterward. Taeyeon left her phone on the table inside the living room where Tiffany was located at. The phone suddenly rang and a girl's name popped out on the homescreen. Taeyeon set her phone into vibrate mode so there's no sound could be heard. Tiffany peeked to see the caller's name.

 

"Sunny bunny sweetie?? Who's her??" Tiffany frowned seeing the fingers curling name and couldn't help to feel jealous.

 

The phone rang again for the second time. Tiffany's hand felt so itchy to just reject the call and erased it from the phone log or phone history yet she knew her place. She's no one for Taeyeon so she didn't have any right to do that. Tiffany reached out her hand, intending to just turn off the phone when Taeyeon entered the room.

 

"Oh, is there any call for me?" Taeyeon dried her wet hands on her pants.

 

"Y-yes.. There's this sunny bunny.. Ehhmm.." Tiffany pretended to forget when in fact she just didn't want to mention the last syllable.

 

"Oh Sunny? I'll just call her back later." Taeyeon took her phone and slipped it inside her pocket.

 

"I'll go now. Thanks' for the breakfast and see you next week." Taeyeon put on her shoes and waved to Tiffany.

 

"Who is Sunny to you, Tae? Is she your girlfriend? Sigh.. I'm hopeless, aren't I?" Tiffany watched Taeyeon's shadow which slowly dissipated from her sight.

 

"But then again, who am I to you? Can we ever be more than we are now?" Tiffany let out a sigh while locking her front door.

 

"Be patient, Tiffany!! You can conquer her heart one day!! Step by step~~ Yes, I will do just that.. In no time I'm sure you will acknowlede my feelings and fall for me~~ Be more optmist, Tiffany H-Kim! Hehehe.. Tiffany Kim sounds wonderful~~" Tiffany said daydreamingly. She couldn't even stop grinning even when she already closed her eyes to continue her not so tight sleep this morning.

-------------------------------

 

Supposedly, this story will be marked as complete in the next chapter since I just want to make it short yet sweet.

So, what do you think about this? Good enough? No? T.T

I'm actually not good with words in real life and I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Hehehe.. I just hope I can be an author that is good enough for you. Wall me, send me PM, criticize me but not too harsh please, or talk to me through comments and I'll try to reply it as soon as I can..

Share me your thoughts and opinions regarding this story, please? Do you like it? Do you find it interesting enough? Or too common maybe? Well, make sure you write it on the comment box below.

Thank you for reading and subscribing this story.

I love you and see you in the next chapter~~ :*