Change

We Got Married

Nicole POV

I took the plastic bag of egg tart and hand it over to Grandma. "Here, its for you. " We sat on the floor facing each other with a table in between us. She smiled "Kamsahamida".

I looked down as a sign of respect. "Why did you come?" Grandma broke the silence.

I took a few seconds for the words to sink in. Why did I come?

"Erm..I was around the area, so i thought i should visit you. Its been so long since i talked to you. It feels good to see you right now."

Grandma was expressionless as she listened to me attentively. She seemed serious unlike how she sounded on the phone a few years ago. Then, she started coughing. She didnt stop. I jerked forward and re-adjusted myself to see if she was okay.

"Are you okay?" i asked, concerned.

Struggling to talk clearly, she said " im fine.." She took her handkerchief out and wiped .

"I understand that you came just to see me right?"

I nod my head and smiled brightly. The mood seemed better when grandma spoke those words.

"How long have you lost contact with Bongbong? How long have you not talked to him?"

The words slowly sinking in. I panicked. Her stare were as cold as ice. How should i answer?

I stuttered, " key...erm.. He must be busy.We just didnt call that often. but we still...erm.. we......"

...

..

Grandma POV  

"but we still......erm. we...."

She is being dishonest again. Aish !!This girl!! No wonder Key is having a hard time.

"Stop." I put my right arm on the table and looked at the photoframe on the wall. My dearest grandson is really a coward. I shook my head in disappointment. Right now, your Grandma have to help Bongbong. Just look at what i can do!

I purposely remained serious and calm. I had to sound convincing enough.

"Cola, I might not be able to understand the true reason why you came..but let me give an advice to you. Leave Key alone. Go as far as you can from him. Never meet him again. ....."

"What?!" Nicole interrupted.

I put my index finger on my lips and asked her to keep quiet.

" Dont interrupt me! Leave Key alone and go as far as you can from him and never meet him again......if you are in love with someone else. If you love another man, dont hurt him. Even though the two of you promised to be best friends forever, sometimes, as time passes by, things change, people change and most importantly, feelings change. Do you understand?" I stared at her coldly.

She looked down. Biting her lips, she nod her head hesitantly. Softly, she spoke "Arasso (understood in korean)"

Looking at this innocent girl, i smirked. She is trapped now. mukinchae~(handcuffed in korean) kekekeke! Bongbong, im sorry for hurting the girl you like. But im your grandma, i have to do something to help you right? Please forgive me Bongbong. keke!

" I heard you are going to Japan very soon. Don't forget to inform Key when you are leaving...well...that is if you still see him as a friend..At least! "

She still remained quiet.This girl is really really too innocent.

 "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

It took her a few seconds to react. Then,I saw Nicole's phone vibrated.

-Jinwoon Jingu-

-Sweetheart, tell me where you are now. I'll pick you up.-

She hastiily picked it up and put it into her bag.

"erm..i ... i understood what you said. I really want to continue talking to you but i ...i might have to leave soon."

"It's ok. it's ok! I dont want to hold you back. Are you meeting someone?"

"Yeah.. I'll stay a little while ..but he is most likely coming soon to pick me up."

"He? i thought you were here alone?" I became more and more curious.

"He is probably around the area also."

..

..

.

About half an hour later, Jinwoon was already outside the door. He honked and Nicole bid farewell to Grandma, leaving her alone. Nicole rushed to the door and Jinwoon drove off immediately.

Nicole POV

"It totally looked shattered. Whose house is that?! " Jinwoon exclaimed.

"ITS MY AUNT. NOW JUST SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!" I yelled at him.

"woah..fine...relax.." Jinwoon spoke softer.  

At that moment, conflicting emotions raced through my mind. I didnt know why i felt worried, angry, guilty, disappointed at one go. I was just too confused or probably too shock to hear what Grandma had just said. Key could have probably told Grandma that i chose Jinwoon over him.  Those painful words kept repeating in my mind "Eventhough you two promised to be best friends forever, as time passes by things change, people change and most importantly feelings change." Feelings change?! what did she mean? Urgh! frustrating, so frustrating.

For months, he didnt talk to me. and now this happen. Im confused.

 

..

.Two days later back at Kara's dorm. Gyuri, the leader, informed the other members that their flight is at 10pm the next day. The girls had already prepared and packed their stuff. All were busy doing their own things except for Seungyeon. Nicole suggested to eat chicken for dinner and Seungyeon immediately volunteered to buy them at the shopping mall. She just wanted to experience meditative silence on her own. Wearing thick clothing to keep herself warm, she was glad that no one recognized her while she walked on the streets. Soon, she reached the entrance of KFC. All of a sudden, a familiar looking guy walked out of the restaurant with plastic bags of chicken. He was wearing a dark blue coloured hoody and skinny jeans. He had a familiar smile. The shining white teeth reminded her of someone, someone familiar. He was walking towards her direction by then.

Seungyeon POV

"Shining teeth...Shining? Shining SHINee ! Onew...."

"eh! Hi ! why are you here alone? buying food for the members?"

"yeah...you?" I curiously asked.

"same." We both smiled.

"I'm not rushing. I can wait for you if you want."

"Really? That would be nice. wait here!"

As soon as i walked away from the counter, i lead the way to Kara's down. Walking together, we became more and more comfortable with one another's presence.

" I watched hello baby, you are a really good appa."

" Are you blind? I was always worst appa. Now, no one would want to marry me."

"That is not an important factor in choosing ideal type."

"you are talking like a professional already...kekeek! you must have an ideal type"

"I dont! It changes daily. hahaha!"

"SAME!"  Onew was impressed *high-five.

---------------------------------------------------

"There's something i need to tell you.." I broke the silence.

"Let's sit there , at that bench." He suggested. We walked towards the bench and sat down.

"Kara is leaving for Japan tomorrow night. " I informed him.

Onew POV

"ohh...chinca? leaving tomorrow?!! " I couldnt believe it . Time passed by..What a coincident that we met... "Should i leave you a message before you leave?"

Seungyeon nod her head.

I put down the plastic bag and adjusted myself . I coughed and looked up at the sky.

"Seungyeon ah, i wish you all the best in Japan. Please work hard and always remember South Korea's fresh air .(means remember where you come from). I  hope you can adapt well to the changes. I hope that it will rain in Japan often so that it will give blessings to Kara. Lastly, please stop stalking me. Yah, do you have nothing better to do?! " i knocked her with my elbow. "I wish that your health will be the best and remember to eat chicken.Seungyeon Fighting! "

Proudly, i punched my fist in the air.