The Rooftop

We Got Married

Key POV

I paced back and forth while holding my handphone. I started to sweat as i waited for her to pick up the call. Soon, i stopped and stood in front of the window. I bit my lips.

-Number Busy-

Not again.. I let out an audible sigh and threw myself on the bed. I looked up at the celing, pulled my pillow towards me and turned to my right. Lying down on my bed comfortably, my eyes became fixed to a photograph which i placed on my desk. It was a selca that nicole and i took at the rooftop where we release all our stress and express our conflicting emotions together.

(flashback)

The wind in the night sky was breezy. It was cold that night. Nicole and I wore thick clothings to keep ourselves warm. The good thing is no one noticed us at times like this. Both of us enjoyed these meditative silence together, sitting on the bench, looking at the stars while drinking hot mocha.  

"Key, do you know that i miss you a lot? and think of you a lot? Sometimes, when you dont call me often, i start to think that we might be moving futher apart from each other. " Nicole said it seriously and looked at me.

" My grandmother said we should worry to be separated because if ...i said IF! we were meant to for each other, we will meet again." I smirked and laughed out loud.

Nicole's eyes widened and she kicked my leg.

"Sorry, i was just kidding. I made that up. kekeke! Of course i know you miss me. If not, why would i bother to meet you all the time?" I pinched and pulled her nose.

Nicole looked like an innocent angel. She smiled then turned away. I could sense from her body language that she was thinking deeply about something. Hesitantly, Nicole spoke up.

"But...there must be other reasons why you are always willing to meet me, .... right? "

I was caught off guard. I became silent. I didnt know how to answer it. My thoughts were messed up. How could i just say that I care for her when the truth is...... Nevermind. Forget it. Nicole was still looking away, her hands and feets started to fidget. I grabbed her hands.

"Of course, we are bestfriends. I'll always be there for you."

Slowly, she turned back and look at me. She didnt smile. I could sense that she is disappointed with my answer but what am i supposed to say? Should i say that i love her? It doesnt make sense. We both agreed to be bestfriends. Wouldnt my selfish feelings spoil our friendship? I have to forget about it, right? I dont want to give her hopes and expectations because i know i will not be able to fulfill them. Eventhough it hurt, i'll endure. I have endured the pain for these few years. I'll do it again.

(End of flashback)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking back on those memories, I felt guilty. Being in my position right now, Im unable to treat Nicole like how i used to. But i missed all those moments we had together. I wanted to experience those feelings again, when both of us only looked for each other. That is why i wanted to meet Nicole as soon as possible. I want to tell her how much she meant to me. At least before she leave. I must!


Nicole POV

"Jinwoon is such a nice guy!" I yelled cheerfully as I put down my handphone.

"You said that so many times unnie. I'm irritated already." Jiyoung wined.

"Just cover you ears, giant baby!" I teased Jiyoung.

I kept smiling to myself thinking of Jinwoon, He asked me to see him tonight at 9pm. He is really charming, a charming special friend. He always calls me, probably too often.

"NICOLE!!!!!" Seungyeon broke the silence, "Did you read? There is a rumour about you and..."

"who?who?who? it must be Jinwoon oppa!! " Jiyoung quickly stood up. I followed her and ran toward Seungyeon,who was sitting infront of the computer screen.

"KEY! Rumor that you and Key kissed on Seoul Music Award stage."

"What?" I screamed. I quickly grabbed the mouse and scrolled down the website. It showed photos of Key and I at the openind and ending stage.

OMO! He really looked like he kissed me on the cheeks.... but we were whispering. This is funny. I laughed our loud as i looked at the photos again.

"Nicole, Key must be really happy now. I bet he is gonna call soon." Seungyeon interrupted my thoughts.

Jiyoung stomped her feet and shook Seungyeon's shoulders. " BUT JINWOON OPPA will be jealous!!"

I scratched my head. I sighed, "Key wouldnt call. He doesnt even have time for me."

A few seconds later, ~JULIETTE, OH! i'll give you my soul. Juliettle OH! Please accept me.

My eyes widened. I quickly ran to my handphone which i had placed on the table. I looked at the screen.

-1 new message-

-Keybum Bby-

-Can we meet later ? like tonight, 830pm? rooftop? Reply me back. ;D -

I wondered. Rooftop? Maybe he want to... Forget it. It can't be. I replied right away

TO:Keybum Bby

Of course. Dont b late! ^.^

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Key POV

I got ready right away. I went to the store nearby and bought a notebook and a floral pink jacket to give to Nicole. I managed to reach the rooftop at 7pm. Too early...but i had to prepare. i sat on the bench again, after so long. I smiled/ Soon, the sky darkened and i kept on waiting,still smiling.

Nicole POV

OMO! 835pm , i'm late. Quick, quick , quick. This traffic jam drives me crazy. I decided to pay the taxi driver and walk to the building, which is about 10minutes walk. Luckily, the weather was good. I walked briskly and ran up the stairs. My heart pounded so fast. I breathe slowly when i reach the highest floor. I only have to open the door and i will see Key again.

I relaxed myself and look at the time. OMO! 855pm. I have to tell Jinwoon.

TO: Jinwoon Jingu

I might be late bcoz im at ABC buillding. Can you pick me up for tonight? :D

SENT!

I opened the door and saw Key.

"Hey baby!" I called him.

"HEY!" he turned back.

I ran towards him and hugged him.

"Why did you want to meet?" I asked.

Key POV

As soon as i saw her, my mind went completely blank.

"why did you want to meet?" she asked.

....

..

..What should i say now? My hands became wet and i started to shiver. My eyes were fixed to hers. I looked at her and giggled. I cant believe what im about to say. 

"I.............."

"I........................." I smiled at her.