Vacation

The Outlaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook's POV -


I walked through the hallway upstairs to my bedroom. My grandma was watching TV downstairs and I just came back from cleaning the weeds from the garden. I was going to wash my hands in the bathroom. Then I noticed that Seoji's door was ajar. She sat on the bed scribbling on her scrapbook. I stared at her as her hair fell down from her ear and covered part of her face. I knocked on the door and she looked up. 


"Come in, do you want something?" she spoke.


"Uh, no, can you go watch my grandma downstairs? I just need to wash my hand real quick." I said. She nodded and closed her book. I can hear her soft steps down the stairs as I went inside her bedroom. 


I approached her scrapbook and opened it. The first page has her profile information. Then lots of things she did, like baking her first cupcakes and her first decorative cake. Then pictures of her soup and desserts she made with a smile on her face.


As I come to the end of the book, I stared at the picture of her holding a brown puppy in her arms. Then a breeze rushed in and turned the pages to the first few pages. Her window was opened and the curtains swayed. WHen I was about to close the book, I saw a photo of a baby boy and a picture of her when she was little. There was a lock and a heart between the two pictures. Does she like him? Maybe her only picture of her crush when she was young. I closed the book and went to the bathroom. 


When I went back downstairs, Seoji was chopping some vegies. The pot was boiling behind her. I watched her fast hand moving and listen to the sound of knife on the cutting board. Then I heard grandma's laugh watching the funny show I used to love when I was young. 


I turned and sat on the island table, facing Seoji. "What are you making?" I asked, grabbing an apple. Still forgetting that I took the green pill to disable my power. Phew!


"Soup." She looked at me and then back to her cutting. Then she turned to throw the vegies into the boiling pot. 


"Mmm, smells like a broth." I said, chewing the apple.


She giggled. "Thanks." She sounded nervous. 


I turned my back to her and watch the TV. She's so weird around me. Does she like me? Nahh, I'm such a jerk. She probably be scared that I'm the outlaw and I'm all bad. Being the outlaw doesn't effect me much because they totally forgot about me. 


Ten minutes later, dinner was served. Boy, she is good. The chicken broth was good. I really like the taste and grandma loves it. 


"You gotta make this often. I love it, Seoji." Grandma said, pouring in the broth into . 


I didn't say anything, I just wanted to fill my stomach. When I lift my head, they were looking at me. "Oh, uh, thank you for the meal." I said. My grandma's glare turned into a smile. I grinned at Seoji and she shyly look down at her plate. 


I just shrugged at her shyness, usual girls. Yeah, usual girls. Unlike the Princess. I swallowed down the food, damn it tasted so good. I steal a peek at her, she was eating normally. I could see her defined facial skin, it's so milky and creamy. I wonder how she takes care of her face. Then I went back to my food. 


"Jungkook, I've been dying to tell you something you didn't know." Grandma said, that grab my attention. 


"What is it? Is it important?" I said, paused from eating.


She looked at Seoji. Seoji blinked and wore a serious face as she look back at grandma. Then Seoji's gaze lowered. What is the meaning of this? What does she have to do with my problem? 


"When you were five, your mother engaged you with . . . Seoji before she passed away." Grandma said, not able to look me in the eye.


"Engaged?! Why?" I was shocked.


"Your mother said you would possibly be a good man for Seoji when you grow up. That time, Seoji's family needed money to pay their taxes and was about to loose their home. So your mother said 'why not marry my boy?' She couldn't let them lose their home and Seoji's mom your mother's best friend and because we had a little more money than they do." She explained. 


So the picture of the two babies are Seoji and me . . . No wonder.


"Then why not just give our money to them and not engage me?" My mouth dropped. "Why tell me this all of a sudden?" 


"Jungkook-ssi, please calm down . . ." Seoji spoke quietly. 


"And you knew, why didn't you tell me? And you acted like a stranger." I snapped at her.


She kept her head down, I must've been a little harsh on her. "Well, I . . . I---" 


"I didn't want her to tell you." Grandma said quietly. 


My appetite went down the drain so I put my silverwares down. 


"And your vacation is tomorrow . . . With Seoji." 


"What?! Where?" Seriously, this is so much shock. I can't take this. 


"The Bahamas . . ." Grandma showed a small smile. 


I took a deep breath . . . And exhale then I stare at Seoji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter