Chapter 20: Startling News and New Alliances

A Passionate Lover

Kara had woken up earlier than usual. She has been traveling with Sho and everyone else for about one month. She looked next to her and smiled seeing Sho sleeping with a peaceful expression. But her smiled had turned into a frown a few moments later. She was late for her cycle. And that was never late. She wondered if she could be pregnant. She had gotten up and had gotten dressed. The next moment she had left their room and had walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Kara-chan." Jun said seeing her enter the kitchen.

Kara jumped at hearing him. And Jun had thought something was wrong by her reaction.

"Are you alright?" He asked seriously walking up to her.

"I'm okay." Kara said quietly.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." Kara paused then said to herself, "at least I hope it isn't."

"Kara-?" Jun asked but stopped as Kara had walked out the door.

                                                                                           ----------------------------------------

Kara had walked to the nearest grocery store. She had walked over to where the pregnancy tests were. She had bought one that had the fastest and earliest result compared to the others.

She had left the store a few minutes later. Feeling even more nervous than before she left the hotel.

                                                                                         ------------------------------------------

Kara had returned about twenty minutes later.

"Kara-chan?" Sho asked worriedly walking up to her.

"I'm okay, Sho-kun." Kara said then went to the bathroom before she was stopped by another question.

 

Five minutes later tears fell out of her eyes at reading the word 'positive' on the test.

"What am I going to say to him? Will he even accept it? I know it will be a burden for him. I don't know what to do." Kara thought as the test slipped from her fingers and dropped onto the floor.

"Kara-chan? Are you alright?" Sho asked knocking on the bathroom door.

Kara picked the test up and went over to open the bathroom door.

"What's wrong?" He asked wiping her tears away.

"Here," Kara said giving him the plastic part of the test.

Sho looked at it in surprise. "Kara-chan? You're pregnant?!" He asked surprised.

"I'm sor-," Kara stopped as Sho hugged her in a tight embrace.

"Don't be sorry, Kara-chan. Because I'm not sorry at all. I'm glad you'll be having my child."

"I'm scared Sho-kun." Kara said as tears fell from her eyes.

Sho knew what she was saying.

"I won't let either of them hurt our child, Kara-chan." Sho said kissing her passionately. "I promise you."

Jun and the others smiled at knowing Kara was pregnant.

"Congradulations Kara-chan." Everyone said smiling at her.

"Thanks," Kara said.

"Why don't we celebrate this special occasion?" Sho asked looking at everyone.

"That sounds good." Masaki said smiling.

"We'll let Miaka-chan and Sakura-san know too." Kazunari said looking at everyone.

"Yeah," Sho said nodding his head.

Everyone had left a few minutes later. 

                                                                                  -----------------------------------------------

Kazunari, Sho, and Kara stood in the front room of her store.

"Kara-chan? You're pregnant?" Sakura asked surprised.

"Are you upset about it?" Kara asked as she thought her tone sounded upset.

"Truthfully. I was at first. But it's okay, Kara-chan. I'm glad for you." Sakura said smiling at her.

"Congradulations, Kara-chan." Miaka said smiling as she hugged her tightly.

"Thanks Miaka-chan." Kara said smiling.

"We're going to have a bar-b-que at my uncle's beach again." Sho said smiling at them. "Would you like to join us?"

"You can spend the night at our house." Kara said smiling at them. Hoping they would say yes to it.

"Sure." Sakura paused then said, "it's almost five o'clock. We'll close up here and leave with you guys." "

Okay," Kara said smiling at Sakura and Miaka.

                                                                              ---------------------------------------------------

Everyone arrived at the beach and began setting up the campfire.

Kara and Sho stood at the edge of the beach and let the water come in waves over their feet. They smiled watching the sun begin to set. Casting colors of red, orange, yellow, blue, and violet shimmering in the water.

"It's a nice day today." Kara said smiling as she felt Sho wrap his arms around her waist and held her close to him.

"Yeah. It is." Sho said kissing the top of her head.

"Hey the hotdogs are done!" Masaki yelled towards them.

"Let's go and eat." Sho said taking Kara's hand and walked over to the others.

"Sure," Kara said smiling as she let him lead her over to the others.

                                                                               ----------------------------------------------

Hikaru stood in the office of Kazuhiko.

"So she stopped you?" Kazuhiko asked looking at her.

"She did." Hikaru said looking at him. "I was about to kiss him and put the pill in his mouth. But she blocked it with her hand."

"I see."

Yoshiki was standing outside the door in the hallway listening to his father and Hikaru talk. He remembered what that pill had done to Kara's mother. And for some reason. He was glad she had saved Sakurai-san.

For some reason he had felt nausiated. He had gone to the bathroom and had gotten sick. "Why am I feeling like this?!" He asked himself as he walked out of the bathroom. He stopped as he had heard what his father had said.

"I want you to get close enough to her. And then kill her. Without anyone knowing what you really plan to do."

"Understood." Hikaru said then left.

Yoshiki had hidden out of site incase she saw him.

                                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

He had left through the back of the house. Still unnoticed by Kazuhiko and Hikaru. He had then left the next moment.

Yoshiki stood outside Kara's new house. It had seemed like noone was home.

A few minutes later a bus pulled up with Sho and everyone else in it.

                                                                                -------------------------------------------

Kara looked and saw Yoshiki sitting in front of her house by the locked gates. She had gotten up and had went towards the front of the bus.

Kara had walked off of the bus and had anger in her eyes. Sho had fallowed her off the bus.

"Why are you here?" She asked angrily.

"To warn you. And to try and repent for my sins I've commited against you and your family." Yoshiki said as he started to look like he was running a fever.

"What do you-?" Kara asked.

Before she finished the question Yoshiki had rushed passed her towards the metal object that was flying towards them.

The next second he had fallen towards the ground as blood started pouring from the fresh wound placed on his stomache from the knife that was aimed for Kara and Sho.

"So. I guess it looks like you decided to go against your father?" Spoke a feminine voice coming out of the shadows of the ally across her house.

"That's right." Yoshiki said as he fell towards the ground. "I've done more harm then I've liked to do to them because of that bastard's orders."

Kara looked and saw Hikaru walk out of the shadows.

"Why?" Kara asked both Yoshiki and seeing Hikaru come out of the shadows.

"I've told you, to repent the sins I've commited against you and Sakurai-san, Kara." Yoshiki said as he stood in front of them. "Plus I'm tired of fallowing that bastard's orders." Yoshiki said spitting out blood that came up. "Plus this little witch will do anything my father asks of her. Since they're sleeping together."

Kara and Kazuhiko looked at Yoshiki in surprise at what he just said.

"Your father is very good in that area." Hikaru said smirking at him. She paused then said as she saw Miaka. "I see you had let this girl live. Wonder what your father would say about that."

"I had missed Miaka on purpose. Go on and tell that bastard I'm done fallowing his orders."

Hikaru had thrown another knife towards Yoshiki.

Right before it was about to hit him. Kara had grabbed the knife a few inches away from him.

"I'll be back. And you shall die, Yoshiki." Hikaru said leaving.

"As long as I take that bastard father with me. I'll be fine with dying." Yoshiki said watching Hikaru leave.

"Why?" Kara asked as she began to bandage her hand that grabbed the knife. "Why did you protect us?"

"To show you I meant what I said about repenting the sins I've commited against you and your family Kara." Yoshiki said looking at her. "I heard about what happened at your concert Sakurai-san. I'm glad you were okay. I know about that pill. I was forced to be there when that bastard killed Kara's parents. If she didn't stop that pill. Kara would have lost the man she only ever loved."

"She told me about what happened with her mother and that pill she was forced to take at that time." Sho said looking at him.

"Let's get that taken care of." Kara said as the gates opened up as she entered the security code.

"It's alright Kara. You don't have to-" Yoshiki said looking at her.

Kara turned cold eyes on him.

"I'm repaying the debt you just made with me." Kara said looking at him as she walked over to him.

"I already told you. I'd be happy dying if I took that bastard with me." Yoshiki said.

"Like you could do that if the bastard isn't here." Kara said as she helped him inside the house.

Sho had helped Kara carry Yoshiki inside.

"Did you mean what you said to her after she saw Miaka?" Kara asked looking at Miaka.

"I did." Yoshiki said as Kara began examining his wound.

"And what about what you've done to me all those years ago?" Kara said looking angrily towards him. "I'm finding it really hard to beleive you've gone and had a change of heart over these past few weeks."

"Yeah I know. I'm still finding that hard to beleive myself. When I had heard her talking with my father about your concert," Yoshiki said looking at Sho. "I had heard Kara had protected you from taking that pill. And for some reason I was glad about it. And it was then I had remembered what that pill had done to Kara's mother. Remembering that moment had made me feel so nausiated that I had gotten sick. I wished none of this had ever happened. But since that incident," Yoshiki said looking at Kara. "You've despised me for it. He was the one who forced me to be there at that time."

"I've despised both you and Kazuhiko for destroying my family." Kara said glaring at Yoshiki.

"I deserve your hatred towards me. And I know no matter what I say will change it. It's fine by me because I also hate myself for what I've done to your family."

"You're right. Nothing you say will change how I feel towards you." Kara said.

                                                                                     ------------------------------------------------

"So Yoshiki was at her house?" Kazuhiko stated more than asked.

"He was. He had protected them from the knife I had thrown towards them." Hikaru said as she sat on top of his desk with her legs resting on each side of his chair.

"So he's decided to go against what I say?" He asked as he brought her closer to him so she sat atop his legs.

"He has," she said wrapping her arms his neck as she pressed her body against him. "So now what do we do?" She asked sliding her body provacatively against his.

"I guess I'm done with him." Kazuhiko said as he answered Hikaru's provactiveness as he carried her to his bedroom.