Chapter 11: Burning Rage

A Passionate Lover

Kara was out of the hospital two days after her attack. She was happy to get out of the hospital and be back with everyone. That happiness had changed into sadness in a matter of moments.

Kara had gotten out of Miaka's car and ran towards her house.

"Kara wait!" Miaka yelled as she had gotten out of the car.

She had crossed under the yellow tape.

"You can't go over there!" Said a police officer grabbing her arm.

"Let me go! It's my house!" Kara said as tears fell out of her eyes.

"There's nothing left in there that can be saved." The officer said walking her over towards the tape where Sho and everyone else was.

"I don't care if the house had burned down." Kara paused then asked, "was anything taken out of it at all? Even a picture would be okay."

"I beleive there was one picture that was taken out of the house before it got out of control." The officer said motioning for another officer to come over to them. "You said you were able to save one of the pictures that was hanging on the wall?"

"Yeah. Hold on just a minute. I had put it in my car." The officer said as he left to go to his car. He came back a few minutes later. "This was the only picture that could be saved." The officer said handing her the picture.

"Thank you." Kara said as tears fell out of her eyes.

"Kara-chan," Sho said looking at her.

"Everything is gone," Kara whispered. "Everything I've work hard on is gone."

Sho had reached towards her and wrapped his arms around her hugging her gently. He looked and saw a figure standing in the shadows. And he had recognized him as the guy who had attacked Kara. Anger had shown through his eyes at seeing the other guy grin.

"Sho?" Jun asked seeing his eyes change in anger.

"In the allyway. The bastard who attacked her was smirking at what was happening here." Sho said as he tightened his grip around Kara a little bit. As if to protect her from anymore harm from him.

"Is something wrong?" The officer who first talked with Kara asked looking a Sho.

"I had seen someone watching what was going on here in the shadows of the allyway over there." Sho said pointing at the allyway. "I recognize him as the guy who had attacked her before."

The officer called over to a few officers. He had told them to check the allyway and everywhere around it.

                                                                 -------------------------------------------

About fifteen minutes later the officers had come out of the allyway.

Kara had seen him and had left Sho and the others.

"Kara don't." Sho said and had blocked her other hand just in time.

"I need to let my anger out. Either on that peice of trash. The brick wall or a punching bag. Because right now I'm so full of anger. I might do something I'll regret. Just like I would have done to you if you didn't stop me." Kara said looking at him as tears fell out of her eyes.

"Kara." Sho said grabbing both of her hands and held them down.

"Our house is gone. Why did that bastard do it? Wasn't damaging my body enough for him? Now he had destroyed the only thing left to me by my parents." Kara said as tears fell from her eyes. "I hate him."

"Kara-chan." Sho said wiping her tears away. "We can always find a new home. Would that make you happy?"

"I think that sounds like a nice idea." Kara said smiling at him. "Thank you Sho-kun." She paused laying her head on his shoulder as she said wrapping her hands around his, "I love you, Sho-kun. I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. Forgive me," Kara said as tears fell from her eyes.

"It's alright Kara-chan." Sho said hugging her. He had felt her become less tense and was glad that her anger and pain was going away. At least a little bit of it did.

But as she calmed down, he was also feeling his own anger at what was happening.

Jun and the others had seen his eyes harden in anger at what has happened. They didn't blame him. They were just as angry as him.

Maybe not as angered as Sho. But still they were angered at what had happened to her. After everything she did for them. She had given them everything she had. Like she really was a family member instead of just a freind.

"Let's go." Sakura said looking at everyone. "We'll go to my house."

Sho and everyone had nodded in agreement.

Everyone had left the next moment.

"Here Kara." Sho said handing her her parents picture she had dropped earlier.

"Thank you." Kara said softly.

                                                                ----------------------------------------------

"Where are you going Kara?" Miaka asked as she started walking down the driveway.

"To see Mom and Dad." Kara said as she kept on walking towards the street. She turned the edge of Sakura's driveway and turned right as she stepped onto the sidewalk.

Sho watched as she walked down the street. He looked behind him as Jun placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Go on after her. She might want you to be there with her." Masaki said as he watched Kara walk down the street.

Sho had left the next moment.

                                                                --------------------------------------------

Kara had entered the Cemetary and went towards a large headstone near the back.

She had knelt down and began brushing off the leaves and dust off of it.

She heard rustling behind her and jumped. She relaxed seeing who had fallowed her.

"Sho-kun," Kara said looking at him.

"Are you okay that I fallowed you? Or do you want me to leave? I will-"

"It's okay." Kara said as she shook her head to say no to his leaving. "I don't mind you fallowing me."

Sho had sat down next to her and had bowed his head in greeting to Kara's parents.

"It's nice to meet you," Sho said looking at the grave.

All of a sudden a gentle breeze surrounded them.

"Kara-chan." Kara looked behind her and saw her parents sillouhette behind her.

"Mom. Dad." Kara said as tears fell from her eyes.

"It's alright." Her father said placing a hand on her shoulders. "Don't worry about the house."

"I'm not upset about the house anymore." Kara paused then said, "I'm more worried about what could have happened if anyone was in there." Kara said as tears fell out of her eyes.

All of a sudden a gunshot sounded, almost deafening everything around them.

Sho had leaned forward and almost fell to the ground.

"Sho-kun!" Kara yelled as tears fell from her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him. It was then she had felt the stickiness on his shirt. She looked and saw the guy who had attacked her.

"What do you want from us?!" Kara asked angrily.

"You, Kara-chan." The person said walking up to her holding Sho.

"Please stop. I beg of you. Don't hurt him anymore." Kara paused then said as she saw where the gun was pointed, "I'll go with you then. Please don't hurt Sho-kun anymore."

"It's time to come with me now," the person said.

"I'll go with you after I make sure he's aright." Kara said looking at him.

"Very well," he said as he lowered the gun.

At that moment before he knew what happened the guy had his gun taken away from him and was knocked out from a blow to the head.

"Kara-chan?!" Sho exclaimed at seeing what she had just done.

"Let's get you taken to the hospital." Kara said as she helped him up.

"Kara-chan! Sho-kun!" Kara and Sho looked and saw Jun and everyone else.

"Take him to the hospital." Kara said looking at him. "I'll take that bastard back to the police."

"Kara-chan," Sho whispered starting to look a little feverish.

"Shut up and get to the hospital before you get any worse! You already have a fever starting because of that wound." Kara said looking at Sho as tears fell out of her eyes.

"But-" Sho said looking at her.

"I said go! I don't wan't to lose you!" Kara said as tears fell out of her eyes once again.

"Becareful." Sho said sounding extremely unhappy at Kara having to take the man who and hurt her so badly back to jail.

                                                                          ----------------------------------------------

Kara had dragged the unconscious body to the police. She had then kicked the doors opened surprising everyone.

"What's the meaning of this?!" An officer yelled. "Arrest that woman."

"I'm guessing you're the one who had let this attempted murderer out of jail." Kara said throwing the gun to the ground and dropped the still-unconscious body on the ground.

A few officers came around and had grabbed Kara's wrists.

"Go ahead and arrest the person who brought an attempted murderer back. Just see how good that will look for your police station." Kara said angrily.

"What's the meaning of this?" Spoke an officer coming out of the head office.

"This woman was carrying a gun and had brought that person in here all bloody." The officer who had ordered for her arrest spoke.

"Release the woman."

"But-"

"I said release her!" The other officer said looking angrily at the first one who spoke. The other officer had nodded his head. Telling the two officers to release Kara.

"I'm sorry Kara-san. Are you alright?"

"He had almost killed my fiance. He would have done it also, if I didn't agree to go with him." Kara paused then said, "he had lowered his guard down and I had taken that chance to save my fiance. I had knocked the gun out of his hand picked it up and knocked him out by hitting him in the back of the head."

"I see," the officer said as he had looked at the other officers. "Put him back in the cell. He is to be held without bail. Who had told you he could be let out of here?"

"I did." Spoke a voice walking into the police station.

Kara looked and had anger filled her eyes once again.

"You bastard!" She said angrily.

"Oh? It's the little ." The man said grinning.