Chapter 4

My Daughter's Nanny

                Joonmyun and Jongdae look at Jongin, "What do you mean he's not available?" Jongdae asks, a bit annoyed that Jongin would try to ruin what could potentially be a perfect match for their brother. The younger man shrugs his shoulders, "I just mean that Suho hyung isn't looking for a relationship right now, right hyung?" he looks at his brother and smiles. The older boy nods and smiles a bit, "Yeah Jongin." Yifan looks at Jongin and nods, "No worries, I don't usually date the people who work for me anyways," he takes Miyoung back from Jongin's arms and makes up an excuse to leave. He could tell Jongin wasn't too fond of him and wanted to leave to avoid any problems.

                 Joonmyun smiles, "I'll walk you and Miyoung out." Yifan nods and heads out the door, Joonmyun following behind. The shorter man closes the door behind him and sighs, "Sorry about my brothers." Miyoung pouts, "Why doesn't Jongin oppa think my appa is good enough for you umma?" she asks. The nanny shakes his head, "He just doesn't like change, that's all and your appa and I are just friends." Yifan nods in agreement, "Yeah princess, where did you get this idea that Joonmyun and I are more than friends." Miyoung just puts her finger over her lips, "It's a secret."

                "Well, I'll see you tomorrow Miyoung," Joonmyun smiles and pinches the girl's cheeks, he looks at Yifan, "I'll see you tomorrow also, drive safely." The older man nods and smiles, "Sleep well Suho." Yifan stares at him for a while longer, then turns around and leaves, Miyoung waves goodbye to Joonmyun, the man keeps waving until the car is out of sight.

                Joonmyun walks back inside the house and finds his brothers fighting. "Jongin! Jongdae!" The two stop arguing and look at their older brother, "What's wrong?" Jongdae sighs, "Hyung, Jongin keeps ruining everything, Yifan was perfect, tall, handsome, successful and absolutely perfect for you!" Jongin rolls his eyes, "I just don't think he's the right guy." Jongdae rolls his eyes, "You never do Jongin, if that guy wasn't absolutely perfect then I don't know what is!" The younger boy looks at Joonmyun, "Suho hyung, you won't date him right?" The older man smiles a bit and shakes his head, "Of course not, he's my boss." Jongin smiles happily and hugs his older brother, "I don't want you to get hurt again hyung." Jongin may look tough but Joonmyun knew that his brother just worried, he didn't blame him. The second eldest rolls his eyes, "So you'd rather he die alone?"

                "Jongdae, relax, I'm not interested in dating anyways." Jongdae sighs, "That's only because Jongin doesn't like anybody you go out with hyung, I know he's scared and I know you are too but just because one guy hurt you doesn't mean every guy will be like that." Jongin was about to speak but Jongdae continues, "And don't dare say that all guys are the same because look at Jongin and Kyungsoo, aren't they absolutely perfect for each other? Aren't they living proof that love does exist when you find the right person? I just want you to find someone who makes you happy hyung." Joonmyun smiles, "I know Jongdae, but I can't force love it'll just happen naturally," he looks at Jongin, "Now let's go work on your essay."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

*NEXT MORNING*

                Joonmyun was too busy cooking breakfast for Yifan and Miyoung that he didn't even notice how the young CEO stared at him as he cooked. "Your brother is really overprotective." The younger man looks at him new boss and smiles a bit before nodding, "Yeah, he is but I trust my brother." Yifan walks closer towards his daughter's new caretaker and pretends to look at what he's cooking before casually asking, "Why is he overprotective?" Joonmyun stares blankly at the food he had been cooking and bites his lower lip before turning off the stove and looking at Yifan, he smiles a bit but Yifan could tell that smile was fake. "Let me fix that," the nanny whispers before beginning to fix the older man's tie.

                "Answer me," the CEO says. Joonmyun avoids meeting Yifan's eyes and begins to speak, "Well, Jongin wasn't like that before but... I had a boyfriend who was very... abusive, I was too scared to leave him though because he threatened me but eventually I did leave him after he hurt me badly enough to put me in a hospital." The older man notices the pain in Joonmyun's eyes as he spoke of his ex-boyfriend. "After that, I didn't date for a while, eventually Jongdae and Kyungsoo started to set me up with a few guys but Jongin never approved, he became overprotective and I could never be with someone without the approval of my little brother. My brothers are all I have." He finishes fixing the taller mans tie and smiles a bit, ignoring the tears that came to his eyes, "Jongin tried to talk to the guy once but they ended up getting into a fight, my little brother was fighting my battles for me, looking out for me when I should've been the one to look out for him." Yifan reaches out and wipes the tears that rolled down Joonmyun's face, "You also have me now." The shorter man chuckles a bit and nods, "That's good to know."

                Yifan wraps his arms around the shorter man and listens to his quiet sobs and sniffles, Joonmyun rest his head on the older man's chest and tries hard to stop himself from crying. He shouldn't be this way, especially in front of someone who he barely met two days ago, but he can't help it. Yifan hugs him tighter, "It's okay to cry." "I haven't told anybody this, not even my best friend." The older man smiles a bit, that must have meant the Joonmyun trusted him.

                After a while, Joonmyun stopped crying and let go of Yifan, he smiled shyly and looked down, "Sorry, I-I didn't mean to bother you with my problems." The young father shakes his head and smiles, "We're friends now Suho... you can tell me anything." Joonmyun smiles, "Okay."

                Yifan looked at the clock and smiled a bit, "I need to go get Miyoung, she's probably already awake." Joonmyun nodded and smiled, "I'll set the table." Before leaving Yifan looks at the younger man, "You're really strong Suho, I-I'm happy to have met you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This chapter is lame and but I just wanted to quickly to update so you guys know why Jongin is overprotective. I'll try to update again tomorrow after studying for my midterm exams. Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!