Chapter 11

The Dying Silence

I wanted to have this chapter done by the 3rd, for obvious reasons... but that didn't end up happening ; ~ ;

Anyway, thank you again to the new subscribers~ I appreciate all of your support.

I'm also thinking of starting a new fic. We'll see if that happens aha~


 

        “It is you!” Doojoon said as Junhyung turned to face him, his lips curling back to form a wicked grin. The fingers on his hand tightened threateningly on Junhyung’s shoulder as he leaned forwards, snarling out, “Where’ve you been you little ?”

        “ off, Doojoon.” Junhyung snapped, shrugging the hand off of his shoulder in one quick motion, simultaneously stepping back to better cover Hyunseung.

        “Now, Jun, is that any way to greet an old friend?” the other replied, his voice that of mock hurt and surprise while his eyes gleamed maliciously.

        “Who said you were my friend.”

        Doojoon’s mouth fell open in a feigned laugh as he leaned forward even more, peering over Junhyung’s shoulder curiously to settle on a shock of brown hair.

        “And what’s this?” he continued as if he had never heard Junhyung’s response, raising just one eyebrow a by a hair, pushing Junhyung aside with relative ease.

        Chuckling, Doojoon ran his tongue over his lips in a quick swipe as he ran his eyes over the brunette now standing in plain view. He tilted his head to the side, taking a single step forward to place one hand against the wall just inches from Hyunseung’s head.

        “Oh, Jun. You didn’t tell me you brought your little plaything with you.” He hummed, bringing up his other hand to float before the brunette’s face.

        “I said, off, Doojoon.” Junhyung repeated, exhaling sharply from his nose as he spoke, half stepping forward, as if he meant to take action. “Why don’t you run home and play with Yoseob?”

        His drive was stamped out quickly though, instantly silenced by a murderous glare shot in his direction by Doojoon; who simultaneously pressed the palm of his hand against the brunette’s cheek.

        “Not when you’ve brought such a pretty little thing with you.” Doojoon said, his breath ghosting across Hyunseung’s features with each word uttered.

        Hyunseung merely shuddered in response, letting out a sound that would have rivaled any dog’s whimper as Doojoon’s thumb trailed slowly from the bridge of his nose to the outside of his cheek over and over again. What was he supposed to do? More importantly, why wasn’t Junhyung doing anything?

        He let his eyes drift over to where the other was standing, and was appalled to find that Junhyung, other than having put on a disgusted expression, was making no signs of attempting to stop Doojoon. Well, if Junhyung wasn’t going to help him, he thought, then that meant he was on his own. He would just have to find a way to get Doojoon off of him himself.

        With cautious eyes, he followed the offender’s hand, tracing its movements carefully, watching as the hand crept closer to his mouth. Inch by inch the fingers shifted, their tips dragging across his cheek before settling on his lips. That did it, Hyunseung thought clenching his teeth.

        And then, all at once, he lurched forwards, biting down on the fingers before his face.

        There was a short moment in which time seemed to come to a complete halt and Doojoon’s eyes grew to almost the size of saucers, his mouth falling open in sheer surprise as he took in the sight before him. The brunette had bit him! Actually bit him like some kind of animal!

        “What. The. .” He snarled, pulling his hand free with a forceful tug, hugging it close to his chest as he brought the other up, the fingers curling in on themselves as he prepared to strike.

        Hyunseung, on the other hand, barely had enough time to recover from the initial surprise of the other’s actions before he felt Doojoon’s hand make contact with his left cheek. There was a moment of shock, which lasted not longer than just a few seconds before being overtaken by an incredible amount of pain. He staggered to the side, suddenly finding himself hunched over, a hand gently covering his now throbbing cheek as he frantically tried to blink back tears.

         “You need to teach your little some manners, Jun.” he heard Doojon snarl. “That ing hurt, you know.”

        The brunette shivered involuntarily, just barely finding the nerve to glance up to see if the other was preparing to strike him again. He was, however, surprised to find that Junhyung had taken the time to step between the two of them, offering himself as a human shield. ‘Oh,’ Hyunseung thought with a hint of disgust, ‘So now he takes action.’

        “Did it now? I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe you should go home to little Seobie and tell him all about it. I’m sure he’d love to kiss it better for you.” Came Junhyung’s response.

        Hyunseung had to admit that he found the comment amusing, despite his present frustration with Junhyung. Doojoon, however, did not, if his breathy huff was anything to go by; he was obviously more than a little angry with the way things were panning out. He did not, however, strike out again.

        Instead, the peeved gangster his heel, body tense, and made to leave; though not before grinding out a sharp “I won’t forget this, Junhyung. Just you wait.”

        And, just like that, he was gone—leaving a very satisfied Junhyung in his wake. But as the said male turned to celebrate their “victory” with his brown haired companion, a smug grin spreading across his lips, he felt his happiness vanish in less than a second.

        Hyunseung hadn’t moved an inch since he had been hit. The brunette was still hunched over, his shoulders trembling ever so slightly, with one hand cupping his cheek tenderly.  ‘,’ he thought, he had almost forgotten about that minor detail. The brunette had clearly never been hit before, at least not quite like that, and his cheek was probably in a world of pain at that present moment in time.

        Biting his lower lip, he took a careful step forward, as if he meant not to startle the other, and slowly lowered himself to one knee, trying his best not to aggravate his own injuries for the time being. When he had managed to accomplish that task, he took to lifting one hand to let it rest on the brunette’s wrist, hesitantly closing his fingers around the narrow joint.

        “Hey,” he tried softly, attempting to pry Hyunseung’s hand away from his face.

        “Don’t touch me!” the brunette snapped suddenly, shaking his arm free from Junhyung’s grasp, turning to face the other in the process.

        By now his cheek had turned from its usual fleshy tone to an ugly cross between both red and purple, and the very corner of his mouth had begun to bleed—just a small trickle of blood dotting his lower lip. Junhyung resisted the urge to recoil. This was his fault, he thought, and there was no denying it. Had he not been so hesitant to act, this wouldn’t have happened. But then again, how was he supposed to know Hyunseung would bite Doojoon.

        Junhyung frowned, snatching the brunette’s hand once more.

        “Calm down,” he said flatly.

        “Calm down? Oh yeah, easy for you to say something like that! What the hell was that?”

        “I’m sorry, okay?” Junhyung breathed tiredly, his grip on the brunette tightening. “I didn’t think we would run into Doojoon here. Or that he would act like that. Okay?”

        “What is he anyway? Some sort of friend?” Hyunseung seethed, working now to free his wrist for the second time.

        “He was a friend, yes.” Junhyung replied, giving the other a small nod to accompany his words.

        “I’m sorry, but you’re a total idiot. Why would you want to hang out with a brute like that? Really, who would subject themselves to that? I bet he was the one that did that to you wasn’t he?” the brunette continued, his eyes shifting within their sockets to focus on the bandage poking out through the collar of Junhyung’s shirt.

        Junhyung sighed, suddenly dropping Hyunseung’s wrist, thus letting his own arm fall back to his side.

        “Are you done?” he asked at length, slowly raising an eyebrow as he spoke.

        That alone was seemingly enough to snap Hyunseung back to his senses, for the brunette’s expression sobered instantaneously. His mouth popped open, as if a sudden realization had struck him, his body straightening almost as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. And then, all at once, he clasped both of his hands over his mouth, a stream of apologize pouring from over his lips at an alarming rate.

        “Oh my god….I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.” He stammered. “I didn’t know…I had no idea he— I’m so sorry—”

        “Can we just worry about that later?” Junhyung interrupted, pushing himself back up to his feet. “I would rather not talk about that.”

        Hyunseung could only nod repeatedly in response, mumbling various forms of agreement into his hands as he did so.

        “Good,” Junhyung said with a huff, leaning forward to lift the bags he had dropped. “Let’s just go home and get you cleaned up.”