REUNITED

S.P.Y (Secretly. Passionately. Yours)

 

= = =

   Reunited   

skull clip art edited photo skullcliparr_zpsc2dd4ccf.jpg

 

 

 

“You did know me. Hopefully you haven’t forgotten about me. Or about us, perhaps?”

 

Bom gasped. Her jaw literally hit the ground. Her hand then made its way to cover whilst her eyes popped in both shock and excitement.

 

“Joo… Joonyoung~ah... W-what are you doing here?” she stuttered inquiringly. After a while, her furrowed brows got replaced by a bright smile.

 

“Is that how you welcome your boyfriend?” he returned with a sarcastic brow while extending both his arms sideways. He then shrugged his shoulders as if he was expecting a hug. But it never came.

 

Boy friend? What the heck.” She scoffed as she close the gap between them. “I supposed you miss this?” she gave him a wry smile as she held her fist close to his face, causing him to gulp nervously. She maybe of the other gender, but he is well aware that Bom ain’t your ordinary girl. He can’t count the times he lost to her, talk about Hulk’s female version plus some awesome ninja moves, she has it. Ever since they were little, they took up taekwondo lessons together, which he hated so much. On the contrary, she learned it earnestly. There’s this one instance when she got to use it against him. As much as he regretted it afterwards, he can’t put the blame on anyone else but his self, nonetheless.

 

It was fall back in Palo Alto, California when they were in their teens. Bom decided to drop by Jung’s resident upon hearing that his step-brother from Seoul made a visit. All she wanted was to say hi but what greeted her was the both cranky and distressed Joonyoung which was seated at the front porch; with his dark under eye area and orbs that seem to throw dagger wherever he looked. She made her way to him and flashed him the brightest smile ever when he snapped to her direction. But he doesn’t look happy seeing her though. His aura seems outraged and fuming. If human’s eye could only see emotions, he is probably being covered with all colors of hatred and anger.

 

“Hi!” She said in her high-pitched voice. Her excitement shot up as she reached the house. “Is he there? Your brother? I just want to say hi.” said the naïve Bom. She didn’t even bother to wait for his answer and made her way up the wooden stairs.

 

*THUD*

 

She falls to the wooden floor of the porch, knee first. It turns out, Joonyoung tripped her. He was too annoyed to hear her say ‘your brother’. He was fed up hearing those words from his relatives, but he realized hearing it from his best friend was utmost irritating. His heart thumped faster and his body temperature heated as he felt pure disgust and resentment.

 

“I don’t have a brother.” He retaliated. And with that he ran away and left. Bom cried as she felt pain on her right knee. She slowly sat up only to see it heavily bleeding. She whimpered as she tried to stand up and head home to take care of her busted knee. She regretted wearing a cutesy dress and going there that day, but ultimately, she regretted having a douche best friend.

 

It took weeks for Joonyoung to sort out his anger and realized that he have to reconcile with Bom. ‘Just why exactly am I thinking?’ ‘I hurt my best friend.’ - Are some random thoughts going around his mind during the past weeks. He’s a self confessed cranky . For days, he’s been trying to come up with an apology speech for his best friend, only to come up with nothing. He can’t even muster his courage to face her.

 

“Man up. I can do this!” *ermm*ermm*ermm* he cleared his throat as he gave himself words of encouragement. He finally decided to talk to Bom. It was her birthday and he knows exactly where to find her, at the tree house behind their villa.

 

She doesn’t like celebrating her birthday so she always hides herself at the tree house. She would only come down and go back home exactly at 12:01, a minute after the day she was born. It was always like that. Her reasons? She only celebrates her special day with family; and family means her late mom and dad. This had gone on since he met her.

 

“Bommie~!” he shouted across the vast trees behind Bom’s residence. No one answered. “Bommieeeeeee, where are you?” he asked only to be answered by the sound of the birds chirping and the trees as the wind passed by making its leaves to hush towards another. “T-truce?” his voice crooked, unsure.

 

‘Truce? TRUCE!?’ her mind shouted. ‘Who is he kidding?’ she wryly said under her breath. For the past weeks, she already came up with many ways to barbeque his sorry . With her brilliant ideas, she can now write an episode for NCIS TV series.

 

He decided to climb up the tree house to check if she was really there. He saw the lock unclasped, so he thought it’s a good sign, so far…

 

“Bommie~yah…” he sang as he open the small door and let himself in. “Oh you’re here.” he shot a gigabyte-smile eyes towards her. “If you’re here, you should’ve answered me…” he continued half annoyed.

 

‘What? Do you have a death wish?’ her mind shot back as she threw him a deadly glare.

 

“It’s a good day.” He smiled sincerely as he looked at the clear sky through the small window of the tree house. He breathes in and out soundly enjoying the fresh air.

 

She knew. She knew what he meant. And he knew. He knew that she don’t like to be greeted happy birthday. First off, there’s nothing to be happy about. Secondly, it always makes her miserably sad. But no matter how she asks for answers from up there, nothing will ever make sense; for them to take her parents, for them to leave her helpless… at a young age. She resented the world for this day, for living.

 

“But that does not mean I’m going to blindly forgive you, Jung Joonyoung.” She muttered under clenched jaw. “Why?! Why! Why did you? Why!” she shouted as she gave him her perilous punch and kick combo. If she was a Tekken character she’d probably manage to defeat Devil Jin with those blows.

 

He knew. He knew that she doesn’t easily forgive. And he came prepared emotionally, mentally, and ultimately physically before he seek her to apologize.

 

“Ahh! AH! Ahhhhh, it hurts.” He whined. “I’m sorry. I was wrong. Forgive me, your Highness.” He groaned while dodging her deadly blows; clinging to one of her feet. “I’ll teach you! I’ll teach you so stop beating me now.” He blubbered which made her stop.

 

“Really? Really? Reallyyyy!?” she can’t believe what she’s hearing. It’s been almost three months since she begged him to teach her how to play piano. She begged gravely only to be turned down. She wanted to learn how to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata on piano and it happened that her best buddy is a piano-and-guitar-genius. “Thank you!” she squealed as she gave him a hug, much to his surprise.

 

 

SEUNGHYUN’S POV

 

“Hyung, why so forlorn?” Youngbae asked as he tapped my shoulder. I didn’t respond and just kept my sight ahead. We’re here at Daesung’s crib. We often gathered here with the clique. Sometimes to play The Lost Planet or Sniper Team; have a couple of drinks; or just talk about random things; or simply just to have the feel-goohd atmosphere.

 

I sighed then tilted my head lazily to face him. He just raised me an eyebrow, and gave me an inquiring look. We stared at one another as I battle myself if I should tell him my dilemma. Can he help? I must decide wisely, I can’t afford to lose my cool-hyung image. But I am desperately in need of advice. How can my inexperienced-self figure this sh|t out? Ask me anything about the entire world’s countries and capitals and I’ll gladly recite those even with closed eyes.

 

“Youngbae~ah… what’s your Facebook’s relationship status?” I blurted out of the blue.

 

“Hyung, I don’t have a Facebook account. Why?” he returned with a serious face; and mirrored his seemingly concerned face.

 

“Hmmm. Nothing. Don’t mind me.” I simply said before I downed my drink. “Where’s Jiyong?” I tried to divert the topic.

 

“He drove Dara to fetch her newfound friend, Bommie~.” He stated which left me nodding with my mouth forming an O.

 

After a while we heard a motorbike being revved up affront the villa. I straighten up before checking my face with my phone’s front camera. I heard Youngbae rush to open the door for them.

 

“Hyung. Noona! What took you so lo- Oh, where is Bommie noona?” Youngbae opened the door all hyped up, only to be disappointed.

 

“She’ll come later. She phoned me that she have to meet up someone.” Dara noona said, leaving him sullen. “Youngbae~ah, can you put this in the kitchen for me.” She commanded as she passes him the bag of groceries. Youngbae made his way to the kitchen hanging his head low, utterly upset. So was I.

 

 

JOONYOUNG’S POV

 

I dragged her for a date, a friendly date to be precise. She said she will meet up with her friend Dara and hang out with Big Bang at their place. Hearing that almost made me want to flip every working table at work. She told me she became a fan of Big Bang and she was recently introduced by this Dara who happened to be a girlfriend of that GDragon, the leader of that underground band. Good Lord. I can’t help but to notice how adept she was already here in Korea; how she make friend effortlessly; and how I’m being irrationally infuriated when she kept telling me stories about Big Bang, Big Bang, Big Bang, and more Big Bang. My ears are almost bleeding from annoyance. Were here at a café she recommends talking about anything under the sun but more Big Bang stuff.

 

“And then he drove me home cause I’m a lil bit dizzy that time…” blah blah blah… her ranting saga continued. We aren’t really sharing a conversation because she’s the only one talking here, right? I can’t bring myself to tell her to stop though. I just kept staring at her thinking how can a girl be this cute, naïve, and irritating all at once?

 

“Bommie~ah, they have awesome coffee here.” I tried to divert the topic.

 

“This is my favorite coffee shop in the whole Seoul.” She smiled as she dish on her blueberry cheesecake. I loved how her cheeks puffed every time she smiles, like the old days. “I wonder when their next club performance is.” Yes mankind. She’s persistent like this. I think she’s the most determined creature I’ve ever met. I remember our childhood when she said she would beat me on my favorite game, Starcraft. And she did, after a week of practice and overflowing determination. I thought it’s impossible since game became my life back then. But she proved me wrong. She will and she can do everything she desired to. But then again, who knew that her determination can irk me like this? Well, I never knew.

 

I looked at her intently which made her stop and asked me what’s wrong.  After a moment, a smirk tailed my lips as I inform her “Next time you open your mouth and I heard the word Big Bang again, I swear I’ll seal your lips with this.” I pointed to my lips then squint my eyes as if I’m boring a hole in her face.

 

“Bi… Bi… B. C. D. E. F. G.” she mocked me. She knew that I can’t really do that as of the moment. But hell I will. It’s just that I don’t want to cause a commotion here, and be forever banned at her favorite café. I noted to myself not to act stupidly, because I want to leisurely enjoy my freedom for a coffee time with my bestie.

 

And our endless bantering continues. Just like old days. I missed this. I missed my best friend. I missed her. I missed us.

 

We are now heading out and I decided to give her a ride. I fished out my keys on my pocket then opened the car. She was exactly dazed; can’t believe what she’s seeing.

 

“Greet her. This is Pocka. Pocka this is my girl friend, Bommie.”  I introduced her to my black Volkswagen beetle, pompously.

 

“Holy Grail, when did you bu-… WOAH~” she didn’t even finish her statement and started to probe her eyes around, running her delicate forefinger on the cold metal exterior while intently inspecting the car.

 

I waved my forefinger mischievously in front of her. “Bommie~yah, do you think I only drive those cars on games?” I haughtily told her. “It’s convertible too!” I pressed the remote which automatically folds the roof making way for the interior.

 

“How did you afford this? I thought you’re just a programmer.” She said while pulling a sad face by pouting her lips with her fingers unceasingly tapping her chin, and batting her eyelashes, seemingly in deep thoughts. Too cute for a sad face, I must tell.

 

I just shrugged my shoulders then lead her to the other side opening the door for her. Yes mankind, I’m such a gentleman. *giggles inwardly* I settled on the driver’s seat while she sat there, still amazed.

 

“Anju belt, please (safety belt).” I told her after I did mine, but she did nothing.

 

“This kind of imported car is awfully pricy… How much…?” she continued her interrogation. That’s it! I’m so done with her questions. So I inched towards her and extended my left hand which automatically gone behind her trying to find and buckle her seatbelt.

 

“Thanks.” She said meekly as she turned her head to face me. Our faces are now just an inch apart. I can feel her breath as it grazed my skin. Sweet yet mellow, very calming and hypnotizing, she smells like… aaaaaaaaH~ ic. UGH stress! *dies inwardly* I froze there staring at her facial features. ‘Move idiot. Move.’ my mind panicked, but my body opposed, too bemused by this woman in front of me. I sat there unable to inch away, like someone who just saw the biggest miracle of his life, like a fool, awestricken. Who knew you can be this close to heaven…

 

After a while I felt her pushed my forehead with her forefinger and heard her recite the address of her destination. But I was too astounded to comprehend. It was when she clapped then shouted “Chulbal! (Let’s go!)”, that I came back to my senses and started the engine.

 

*erm*erm* I cleared my throat. “Bommie~yah, your wrinkles are showing nowadays, is someone stressing you out?” I said instead of complimenting her, as I grip the steering wheel while the other came to fix my fringe upon eyeing the rear view mirror, needlessly.

 

“Oh, there are.” She scoffed. “And you’re one of them.” She said, utterly displeased. I can’t believe this girl. I scrunched my nose in return, and started driving.

 

We drove to the heart of the city and found ourselves on a line of houses where only the rich and the regal could afford. It’s a familiar street, I thought. We stopped affront an all modern villa with a mohawked guy waiting outside.

 

“Youngbae~ah!” she waved towards the guy merrily. He smiled back with his eyes almost disappearing. ‘How cute.’ I thought as I clenched my jaw. ‘So he’s one of those she’s been telling me earlier.’

 

I stopped in front of the mohawked guy and was about to get out the car to open the door for her. But the Mr. Mohawk-slash-Annoying-Guy unexpectedly opened the door then extended his other hand and bowed slightly, like a servant to his queen. The nerve! I was fuming as Bommie bid goodbye.

 

“Touch Pocka again without my permission and I’ll barbeque your sorry !” I growled at him in fluent English as I hastily drove away, making an eerie squeaking sound from my set of tires. With my brows furrowed, I drove utterly aggravated. I reached an intersection and was about to turn right when I noticed a familiar house at the end of the street. I abruptly stepped on the brake and gripped on the wheel tightly as if my life depended on it. My heart started to beat faster. I started to breathe heavily. I slowly turn my head to look at the familiar house. And as if everything went on slow motion, memories started to flood my thought. Memories of my childhood, memories I treasured the most.

 

 

< Want to Go Back in Time by Kim Bo Kyung (Secret Love OST) as this part's BM>

 

 

That familiar garden was where dad and I used to play. He used to let me ride his shoulders back then when I was 3. He used to wear that smile. We used to be close like a father to his son. We used to have each other. Back then I used to think that I’m so lucky to have a dad like him. Although he’s so busy with the company, he always allots time to play and talk to me. But everything changed. That one incident which turned my life into a living hell; that one mistake that’s so unfortunate everything I have was gone. My family. My life. My dad. He’s gone. I tried to laugh at the irony of life, as a tear unknowingly ran down my cheek. Funny how life can you up, big-time. Starting all fairytale-like and ending all horror/thriller like. I am Cinderella’s male version for my own story.

 

Reminiscing the past ceaselessly flood my mind. But I grew tired of this complex and decided to shrug it off. I sighed lonesomely. I started the engine and got back on the road, driving away from the street of my nightmares.

 

 

BOM’S POV

 

I darted my sight left and right as Youngbae leads the way. It was an ultramodern designed house. There is not much to see at the front besides from Bermuda grass that’s carefully patterned alongside the pathway. But the inside imply otherwise, sporting a living room with monstrous sectional sofa that is angularly styled to fit the rest of the room. Although the sofa is naturally pointed towards the wide screened borderless television, there are so many other stylish elements about the room, including a custom coffee table that rests in the middle with the joysticks and other remote controls. The sofa table that runs along the back of the section sofa is where the set of drinks and pile of books are stored; making sure that “behind the couch” area isn’t wasted. It was all spacious, stylish, sleek and very welcoming; with luxury comforts and carefully chosen furniture. The huge glass windows permit natural lighting for the house.

 

I was lost as I both gawked and wandered at every corner of the house. Youngbae is nowhere in sight, but I could care less though. I walked past though a huge mirror, and decided to check on my appearance. After swiping a little of my lip gloss, I saw someone standing at the veranda. His hands was both tucked in his pocket as he looked nowhere in particular, thinking. He slouched at the metal railing with his beer bottle sitting beside him. The summer wind blows gently as the yellow-orange-ish sky signals the end of the day; creating a scenario as if he was shooting a scene from a drama or a pictorial or whatever. It was just beautiful.

 

I stood there just staring at him. Maybe he noticed that someone is watching him, which made him to direct his gaze on me. Damn. He looked at me with his puzzled eyes, judging if I will turn and run away or if I will draw near him. I chose the latter. I awkwardly made my way next to him and set my gaze at the retreating sun. I was unable to speak a word because I have nothing to tell him, nonetheless. Or maybe I just at starting a small pep talk with a stranger.

 

It was a deafening silence until I heard him cleared his throat. “What are you doing here? They’re all gathered downstairs at the living room.” He initiated the conversation.

 

“I uhm… I got lost.” I gave a lame reason. “I got mesmerized by this house’ interior I decided to take a look around.” followed by a faint awkward laugh. I wonder why?, I am this lame.

 

“This is designed by Daesung’s sister, she’s an interior designer.”

 

I just nodded as I set my gaze around, with my lips forming an ‘O’.

 

“Bommie” we heard someone called. It was Dara. “Oh you’re here! Seunghyun-ah, you too! We thought you already went home.” She told.

 

“Just seeking some fresh air.” He answered.

 

“Come. They’re waiting downstairs.” And by that we head to the living room where everyone is playing FIFA.

 

We spent the whole time drinking either wine or beer with them busy playing. I helped Dara to make an Italian herbs and cheese pizza and garden salad. I am grateful for Youngbae the most for making me feel at ease. I started to adjust and interact with them with less awkwardness now. They’re fun to be with. Crazy sometimes. And by sometimes I mean Seungri. He’s always hyper and loved to prank his hyungs, often to their annoyance. It was like had time flown, and we’re now preparing to head out. My watch reads thirty minutes past ten. We’re not drank though. It’s just enough to put you to bed right away. And by that, I suddenly miss my apartment.

 

“Thanks for inviting me.” I bowed slightly towards Daesung. “It was fun and your place is gorgeous.” 

 

“You can come here often then.” He joked unexpectedly. “You know this is too big for one person like my lonely self.”  He said melodramatic-ish which took me about a minute to return.

 

“Sure, invite me next time.” I agreed not wanting to prolong our goodbyes.

 

“Dae, you should call me too if you invite Bommie~” Youngbae in as he swung an arm around Daesung, teasingly yanking the man.

 

“Aish. Hyung, are you going to make my house your dating ground now?” he shot back making the other to be speechless and slightly blushed.

 

“Bommie, til’ next time. I’ll text you alright.” Youngbae said as he closed the door. He and Seungri decided to stay and continue their drinking session. While Jiyong and Dara drove home already. And Seunghyun was at front with his motorbike.

 

The gate closed behind me with a clinking sound as the lock slides. I can see Seunghyun prepared to take his leave as he purred his bike’s engine. But on the other side of the road I noticed a familiar black Volkswagen. It was Joony. *beep beep* says the car as he yanked his horn. He got out of the car and waved at me.

 

“Joony-ah, what are you doing here? Did you wait for me?” I asked him as he zombie-walked his way towards me occasionally leaning to his car for support. “Why are you drunk?” I asked him as I noticed him reeked alcohol.

 

“Bommie~ah, I have nowhere to go. And I can’t drive Pocka, I think I’m drunk. Tee hee hee” He told me before he flashed a boyish grin. “Oh~!” he noticed Seunghyun sitting at his motorbike behind me, holding his helmet to his side. “Bommie is this guy the one who drove you home... when you went clubbing last time?” he continued as he squints his eyes to take a better look at the man.

 

“Huh? Uhm…” I nodded not looking back at Seunghyun.

 

“Thanks for taking our Bommie home safely.” Joony told him while giving a 90 degrees bow.

 

“Our Bommie?” he looked at me inquiringly. “Bom-ssi, is he perhaps your boyfriend?” he asked with mixed doubt and disgust.

 

Before I could speak a word, Joony abruptly grabbed my wrist while saying “Neh. I’m her rocker geek boy friend returning from California, Jung Joonyoung imnida~” he introduced himself.

 

“Ani… you… YAH!” I wacked his arm, enough for him to have some sense; too lost for words to explain my best friend’s delusion. “He’s drunk. He he he. As in drunk- drunk” I explained while tilting my head consecutively at the last two repeated words, waiting for him to speak.

 

“It’s hurts. Bommie~yah…” he whined as he s an arm around my waist, which apparently affected the other man, causing his expression to darken. Joony often do this to annoy everyone who tried to fence me, even back in Stanford. But this time, he read it wrong. It’s a definitely wrong idea he got there. It’s just wrong. It’s like he’s a god and I’m a mere mortal. Quite a bad combination, isn’t it? Impossible.

 

“Oh yeah, well get a room will you” and by that he readied to wear his helmet.

 

“Biatch.” My best friend shot back causing the other to halt from wearing his helmet.

 

“Then I’m your mother.” Seunghyun shot back partly annoyed, in fluent English before he sped away, leaving me gobsmacked.

 

Joony probably didn’t hear or pretended not to hear his last statement, much to my relief. Ghad I’m too tired to stand between the two if they argue. He then faced me then said “Let’s go.” before his head fell onto my shoulders. “This street is evil-…” I heard his muffled sobs on my shoulder, like a lost child yet again.

 

 

- END OF CHAPTER 4 -