Hunt Hunt Hunt

The RED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    


 C h a p t e r O n e 
Hunt Hunt Hunt
      Red Rock Caverns - Year X665      "Found you," Min breathed, her voice as dark as the color of the ebony fur that her target currently donned. At the moment he was in his true form — a beastly appearance that towered over the others. She could tell he was the alpha of the back by that alone.   She adjusted her pack which was attached to her black leather waist belt. She was wearing her hunters uniform: long black pants, black combat boots and a black loose top which had the sides open, exposing the edges her torso up to her waist and black sports bra. Her long dark hair was picked up in a ponytail and she wore black leather fingerless gloves for combat.   The large cave system, smelling fainlty of humidity and musk, was base to the pack. So Min kept discretion, hiding on one of the metal scaffoldings high above the ground. The large room that she was currently in was dimly lit with torches, making small shadows of the large boulders in the room. She had been lucky to have caught a small window of time that allowed her the opportunity to sneak in—infiltrating the base without detection.   Slowly unraveling the chains from her arms, careful not to make any noise, she held up the twin pistols that were attached to each end of the black metal chains. On top of their barrels were blades, conveniently placed for whenever she needed to cut something or someone. It was a weapon that she had personally customized to work as a melee and ranged weapon. For her convenience of course.   Her eyes carefully continued to scan the area, making sure she didn't over-count or under-count their numbers. There were twenty in total. Though the numbers didn't seem too big, the Southern Wolf Tribe was known to be the strongest of all the Wolf Tribes. So she decided to wait it out.    Eventually, after about ten minutes, the wolves began to shift back into their Human form. At the sight, Min prepared herself. They were only at full power when in their beastly form. This was the edge that she needed. But she had to make it quick. She couldn't let him shift back.   Her eyes centered on the Alpha—her target wanted for questioning. The higher ups didn't give her any more information other than that. A simple order only to bring him in unscathed. She had arched a brow in curiosity when the Commander told her of the assignment. Usually her job was to  go on patrol or take bounties for dangerous Demons. An extraction wasn't exactly her cup of tea. But the Master had specifically given her this mission and so she had to complete it whether she wanted to or not.   Min especially opted for the challenge when it was mentioned that the Alpha of the Southern Wolf Tribe was said to be the strongest of the strong. And from the ripples on his abdomen to his large muscular frame, it was no wonder. Like other wolves, he remained shirtless, only wearing a black leather vest and black distressed pants. His hair was jet black and styled up like a Mohawk. His skin tanned, just like the others—a signature for those who spent their time under the sun in the wild. His stature wasn't as tall but he was still larger than Min. Then again, most people usually were.   Like a shadow Min swiftly walked back, jumping down on a large boulder and then quickly jumping down again behind it, careful not to get caught. Now it was time to watch and wait for the right moment to attack. As the other members of the pack dispersed deeper into the tunnels of the cavern, only the Alpha was left behind.   She closed her eyes and began summoning her powers. Wasting no time, Min quickly rushed from behind the boulder and attacked the Alpha, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him down. But it seemed all too easy. Her heart immediately sank when the figure turned into pieces of rubble when it crashed down against the earth. It was a decoy.   Catching a sound coming from her right, she hastily moved to the left, dodging the oncoming attack—a right hook from the man.   "Think I'm stupid, Hunter?" He growled. "I can smell you from a mile away."   "You're right," She acknowledged coolly. "I did think you were stupid. My mistake for underestimating you." Her demeanor then changed, taking the arrogant Alpha by surprise. "But for your sake, let's make this quick."   With unforeseen quickness, Min rushed over to him, lifting her pistols up and slinging one of them towards his neck, wrapping the chain around it as she simultaneously jumped over his head and brought him down with a loud thud. She did have to subdue him quickly before giving him the chance to phase.   He flailed about, grabbing onto the chain and yanking her down, but without him even realizing it Min pressed the barrel of her gun against his temple and pulled the trigger. "Goodnight."         "Got him. I'm on my way," Min spoke into the receiver of her cell phone before hanging up while looking back at the knocked out werewolf in the rearview mirror.   Her window was down and the light breeze carried off the fresh scent of the grassy plains they were currently passing. The day was bright and sunny. Min wouldn't say it out loud, but she enjoyed the feeling of the warmth against her skin. She usually did her patrol rounds at night and so it was unusual when she was suddenly asked to run a day job. But she liked it. It brought her back to a time long ago.   She could hear a groan coming from the back of the cargo van she was currently driving, and safely assumed that the Alpha was slowly waking from his unconscious state. She sighed and continued to drive.    "You , what did you do to me?" He heard him growl lowly, his voice still unclear from the drowsiness he was still experiencing after being knocked out for so long.   She scoffed and leaned her head against her left arm which was perched atop the open car window.  "Oh stop your whining. I only stunned you. You're lucky I wasn't allowed to kill you."   With this, the Alpha looked over at her with a cocked brow, peering through the small grated steel window. "Why not?"   She simply shrugged. "The hell if I know."   To this the werewolf scoffed. "Afraid to talk back to authority?" He sneered with a mocking grin.   "To be honest, I just don't care," She spoke languidly, looking back at the mirror to see the shackled dog behind her." I'm only doing my job, Mutt."   He growled and attempted to pounce forward but was annoyed to find that he couldn't. "What is all this strapped onto me?" He yelled out in anger, his eyes briefly flashing yellow as if trying to summon his power.   Min exhaled in boredom. "They're called, Suppressors. I can't trust that you won't phase on me. So I placed them while you were napping."   A ed growl arose from the depths of his stomach, his eyes narrowing and his lip curling up, barring his sharp teeth. "I'll rip you apart."   She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "We can't have that now, can we?" She looked back ahead to the empty road and in the short distance she could see the point of RED headquarters. "We're almost there."          RED Southern Division Headquarters, Lumen - Year X665    Pulling up to the front gates Min slowly pressed on the breaks, settling in front of it as she waited for the guards to open the door. "What's taking them so long?" She wondered out loud, unintentionally grabbing the attention of the quiet wolf who sat in the back.   "What's wrong?" He asked as he saw her jump out the van and walk toward the side door.   "Get out," She ordered after swinging open the door. "We're walking."  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter