Welcoming Party

It Was Always You

 

"Yah, Jung!" Jiyong yelled out as he walked out of his office and started making his way towards her. 

 

So much for staying civil. Jessica and Jiyong were back to how they were before except, now, Jiyong liked to address her by her last name since he couldn't call her a "black hole" at work. 

 

Jessica rolled her eyes as soon as she saw him and sighed. She was still annoyed at him for last night. He made a big deal out of how she didn't clean up her room and started lecturing her. "As if I moved to get  She didn't understand why he was nagging her for being messy. It was her room, not his. At least she didn't make a mess in the areas they shared in the house like the bathroom or the kitchen or the living room. She complained to Seunghyun, but he told her that Jiyong's just OCD about stuff like that. When she told him that Jiyong was the director of her department, he started laughing and wished her good luck. She thought he was just teasing her, but now she'll know why he laughed. 

 

She snapped out of her train of that when she heard someone knocking on her cubicle. 

 

"Yes?" she asked as she looked up to see him towering over her, masking her voice with one that didn't show how annoyed she really was.

 

"What is this?" He asked, pointing at the stack of papers he just threw on her desk.  

 

She had a confused look on her face. "The information on Choi Siwon for the new deal?" she answered, unsure, since she had no idea why he made it seem like she had done something wrong. 

 

"Exactly. Why are you working on Choi Siwon? I assigned that deal to Seungri," Jiyong told her. 

 

"Why is it a big deal anyways?" Jessica defended herself. "I just wanted to help take one off of Seungri's hands since he was stressing over his workload. Plus, I'm working on Choi Dongwook right now and they're cousins so it might be more convenient."

 

 "There's a reason I assigned Choi Siwon to Seungri," GD stated flatly.

 

"Do you think I'm not going to be able to close the deal?" Jessica asked, offended. "Well, I already took up the case so I'm going to follow it up and take over."

 

"Just let me do my thing," Jessica pleaded, in a more honest tone, wanting to prove him wrong. She looked back to the stack of papers on Choi Siwon that he threw on her desk earlier, "Thanks for returning me the information so I can continue my work."

 

"Whatever. If anything happens, then it's all your fault and I'm just going to let you do your thing," he mocked her.

 

"Thank you!" she couldn't contain her smile, ignoring the obvious annoyance in his tone, and stood up to give him a hug out of excitement. "I'll show you that I can get both Choi Siwon and Choi Dongwook to work with us." 

 

"Just know that Choi Siwon isn't an easy person to deal with, there have been not-so-nice rumors about him," he warned as he started walking away as she let go of her unexpected embrace.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Oppa!" Jessica called out with a smile on her face as soon as she saw the familiar figure looming over her and gave him a hug. "What're you doing here?" 

 

He pointed at his watch, "It's lunch break." 

 

She looked around the office. It was empty. She guessed that she was too focused on her work, yet again, to notice her co-workers leaving. She started to complain to him about what a bad morning it was because of Jiyong, how Jiyong was being a jerk earlier, and how she has to prove Jiyong wrong now. She was rambling on and on, but then stopped herself when she realized that he looked like he wasn't even listening.

 

"Seunghyun oppa!" she exclaimed as she took the files he was holding out of his hands and placed it back on her desk. "Are you listening to me?" 

 

"Sorry! I was just wondering what you were so wrapped up in earlier that made you not even realize I got here," Seunghyun defended. 

 

"I was just reading up on some information," Jessica informed him, then eyed him suspiciously. "Anyways, why are you really here? You'd usually be too busy to even have lunch." 

 

The smile on his face slowly faded away and a more serious expression took over. "I received the wedding invitation in my office the other day but I was too busy and didn't know how to bring it up," he tried to tell her as calmy as possible and handed a wedding invitation to her. "He told me to give you one since he doesn't know where you're staying."

 

Jessica stared at the wedding invitation Seunghyun was holding. She couldn't help but think those were supposed to be her wedding invitations to send out. It was supposed to be her name on that wedding invitation, right below his. People were supposed to be congratulating her, not the other way around. It's funny how so much has changed since, she thought. She no longer harbored those same feelings for him, but she was still bitter - bitter that he had left her for someone else. 

 

"Sica... sica," the deep, husky voice snapped her out of it. "Are you going to be all right?"

 

She put a smile on and showed off her white teeth, "Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be?" 

 

"That's great because I already told Hyun Joong we're coming -- " Seunghyun said.

 

"But oppa!" Jessica cut him off before he could finished and started whining to him cutely. 

 

"I told him we're coming... with dates," he continued. 

 

She was shocked, but happy that he said that at the same time. She didn't want to attend this thing dateless. But where was she going to find a date? And, not to mention, one by next week. 

 

Just then, they heard the sound of a door open and both of their heads turned towards the direction. 

 

"Jiyong!" the deep voice next to her exclaimed. Seunghyun got up and walked to Jiyong to give him one of those bromance hugs. 

 

"Hyung, you were here to visit Jung and you didn't even come into my office to visit me?" Jiyong complained to jokingly show his jealousy. 

 

Jessica quietly observed the two guys in front of her. Jiyong was like a different person with Seunghyun. He was more affectionate and nicer, it just seemed like Jiyong was the most comfortable and at ease with Seunghyun. It was a side that Jessica wished he would have showed more often. Lunch break soon ended and Seunghyun left, leaving Jessica lost in her thought - about Hyun Joong, about the wedding, and about finding a date for the wedding.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey guys! Since it's Friday..." Seungri stood up and shouted as he clasped his hands together. "... Let's go to the karaoke bar after work to celebrate our new addition to the team!"

 

"Sounds like a good idea!" Yuri agreed and turned towards Jessica with an excited smile, "We haven't thrown you a welcoming party yet, let's just do it today." 

 

She hesitated and forced a smile on her face. She appreciated that they wanted to welcome her... but she wasn't really in the mood to be out, having fun with a group of people tonight. 

 

Taecyeon smiled and quietly spoke to her, "Yeah, we do this for every new member. It'll be fun." 

 

Jessica looked up at him and returned a smile. She looked back towards Yuri and Seungri to give them a nod of agreement, "Okay, I'll go." 

 

"Go where?" the thin voice interjected as it emerged from the side of the corner. 

 

"Oh, Dara noona," Seungri replied. "We're going to go to the karaoke bar after work to welcome our new addition to the team. Wanna come?" 

 

Yuri groaned and shot a glare at him. Jessica noticed and it made her want to laugh, but Seungri seemed to ignore it. 

 

"Oh reallly..." Dara interestedly said. "Let me go ask the director if he wants to come too." 

 

Annoyed at Seungri, Yuri got up to throw her fist in Seungri's direction mouthing a, "Do you want to die?" 

 

Dara shocked her by turning around and snapped at Seungri, "Remember, never call me noona! It makes me feel old."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jessica watched Yuri and Seungri fight over which song they should sing. She let out a small laugh, which she guessed came out unnaturally because she heard Jiyong ask, "Yah, is there something wrong with you?" 

 

She looked to her right to make eye contact with him. He looked good, she had to admit. His hair was pushed up, which allowed you to observe every aspect of his perfectly chiseled face. He was wearing a black dressed shirt that complemented his toned body. She shook her head to stop herself from thinking about him any further, it was probably just the effects of the alchol. 

 

"I'm perfectly fine, why?" she finally replied as she returned her line of vision back onto Seungri and Yuri who have now finally chosen a song, Missing You.

 

Jiyong took a sip out of his drink and leaned back in the booth, "No reason. It's just, knowing you, you'd normally be the one up there singing loudly and going crazy."

 

Before she could reply, Jessica heard a whiny voice come from the other side of Jiyong to interrupt them. "Jiyong ah, let's choose a song to sing together~" 

 

She looked at Dara, holding the book of songs, trying to give it to Jiyong. Jessica smirked, it was obvious that Dara liked him. She ignored the two of them and shifted her attention back on Yuri's and Seungri's performance again. 

 

"My heart feels this sad but i have no one to talk to

I wanna smile broadly sometime but have no one beside me
Maybe i’m missing you

Back then, we were like that
Between you and me it was all clear and pure
First it was all about love, just like everyone says
Why did we do that though we all know
(But) as time goes, like the glass breaking
Like the ring in hands losing its light
Like getting a cut by a sharp knife
Like strangling my neck with the chain of restriction
The memories that i have with you
Which i thought were always going to be good
Though i hate it, only the wounds and unsolved misunderstandings are left."

 

She felt a sharp pain pierce her heart. All the memories with Hyun Joong started rushing through her mind again, the lyrics repeating in hear head -- "Like getting a cut by a sharp knife... the memories that I have with you which I thought were always going to be good." She didn't want to be reminded of him, the wedding, that he was happy with someone else. She downed a cup of vodka, wanting to drown the memories out of her brain. 

 

"Jessica-shi, are you all right? Don't you think you're drinking a bit too much?" the concerned voice asked from her left side. 

 

She waved her hand in his direction, to signal that it was okay, and gave him a smile. "Don't worry, Taecyeon-shi. I have a high tolerance for this stuff." 

 

There was a vibration sound that kept going off. She looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Jiyong staring at the name of the Caller I.D. "Kiko," she read quietly. She wondered why he kept looking at the name, but wouldn't pick up it up. His phone started vibrating again, but he continued to ignore it. Soon, it was just vibration after vibration - signalling that he was getting spammed with text messages after text messages. 

 

Jessica finally couldn't stand it anymore and grabbed the phone to shove the phone in his hands, "Oh my god. Just answer it already!" 

 

He rolled his eyes at her and took the phone to turn it off. He took another gulp out of his drink and let out a deep sigh. Dara kept on insisting to do a song with Jiyong, but Jiyong ignored her since he was completely zoned out now. Jessica shrugged it off and ignored whatever seemed to be Jiyong's problem as she returned her concentration back onto her drink. 

 

She was in the middle of finishing her, probably 5th cup by now, drink when Yuri interrupted her by handing the microphone to her. Jessica looked up at Yuri with a confused expression. 

 

"Why else am I handing you the microphone? Go up and sing something!" Yuri pulled her up and pushed her to the front. 

 

Jessica started blushing when she realized everyone was staring at her and waiting for her to sing. She couldn't remember the last time she sung. She used to love singing, it was her favorite thing to do -- until he ruined it. She tried to stop the tears since she swore to herself she'd never cry over someone like that again. She had her back facing the curious and expecting faces as she remembered back to that day at the restaurant when she surprised him at the restaurant for his birthday only to have him embarrass her in front of everyone -- when she last sang.

 

She decided on a song and took a deep breath before she started singing -- Because Tears Were Overflowing

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
"How did my heart grow to love you, how
Do you even know that I circle around the same place all day

I'm afraid that the lonely wind will be cold, too cold
You don't know how the wind is as it blows in

When my tears overflow and become a river, and become an ocean"
 

Everyone admired her voice. They didn't expect Jessica to have such a nice and beautiful voice. However, Jiyong looked at her differently from the rest who were in awe. She had an amazing voice, there was no doubt about that. But he looked at her with curiousity as he heard her sing those lyrics. She still had her back facing them. The sincerity in her voice seemed so real, as if she was singing from personal experience. It was the second time that Jiyong had seen this side of Jessica, how genuinely sad she seemed. 

 

"Wow, that was really good Jessica-shi!" Taecyeon complimented. 

 

"You should've became a singer with that voice," Seungri added. 

 

Jessica turned around to smile at them and laughed at what Seungri said, "That's too much of an exaggeration, now, Seungri." 

 

"No, it's not that much of an exaggeration," Yuri refuted. "You're even better than some singers out there!" 

 

She had a smile on her face, but Jiyong noticed. He noticed the sadness in her eyes, the sadness in her voice. She tried to wipe away a tear quickly before anyone noticed, but Jiyong noticed that too. It made him even more curious. He wanted to know why, what the reason was, for that hint of sadness behind her eyes and tone of voice. 

 

Dara disturbed his train of thought when she tried to get his attention by pulling on his arm, to get him to sing with her. Jiyong waved her off, telling her that she should sing by herself, as he leaned back in the booth again and finished another cup of margarita. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jessica returned to her seat as Dara snatched the microphone out of her hands harshly. Dara started singing, though it sounded more like she was croacking some sounds out of , but she's still gave Dara points for having the courage to stand up in front of everyone with that voice of hers. 

 

"Dara noo--" Seungri began but stopped himself before the word "noona" came out since Dara already warned him not to call her that. "I mean, Dara. You've got to have the biggest confidence out of everyone I've ever met!" 

 

Dara smiled and started to act like she was shy, thinking it was a compliment, but Seungri continued, "How do you even stand up there with so much confidence with a voice like that?" 

 

Yuri started choking on her drink and laughing. Dara shot a deat glare at her, which made Yuri stop herself. 

 

"Leave it up to Seungri to tell people like it is," Jessica giggled, mumbling the words. Jessica moved on from the cups to the wine coolers now. She was starting to really feel the effects of the alcohol now. 

 

"Yah! Who do you think you are? You weren't that great either," Dara barked at her. "They were just being nice because you're new." 

 

"Okay, whatever makes you feel better," Jessica smirked. She would never have the courage to say stuff like this if she was sober. Boy, was she going to regret getting drunk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyong let out a chuckle. He was amused, thinking about how Jessica was going to regret this the next morning. 

 

Before Dara could say something else, Taecyeon interjected, "She's drunk. She doesn't know what she's saying, just ignore her." 

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow. Was Taecyeon defending Jessica? He snapped out of his train of thought when he heard Seungri abruptly asking, "Taec! What're you doing?!" 

 

Jiyong looked up to see Jessica's head leaning on Taecyeon's shoulder. He shook his head and thought, "She's the type that would taken advantage of." 

 

"I didn't do anything! She just had too much to drink so I guess she just needed a shoulder to lean on," Taecyeon defends himself. 

 

Yuri starts mumbling some stuff, which made Seungri stand up and wrapped Yuri's arms around his shoulder. "Aish, girls. I think I'm going to take Yuri home now. It's only going to be harder if she drinks some more." 

 

Dara sees the guys taking care of the girls so she starts drinking too. She pretended to get wasted and leaning on Jiyong. He's not one to be fooled easily since he's had experience with stuff like this. He looked at Jessica and Taecyeon. Jessica, now, had her arms wrapped around him. Jiyong pulled Jessica back to let her lay down flat on the booth. Jessica groaned in discontentment, but Jiyong ignored her.

 

He looked at Taecyeon who was confused. "Taecyeon, can you please help take Dara home please?" Jiyong pushed Dara towards Taecyeon's direction. "I know that you've taken her home before, so I trust you can take her home safely." 

 

Taecyeon took a look at Jessica and back to Dara. He just nodded and agreed, not like he had a choice anyways. Jiyong was his boss, he couldn't not oblige. 

 

GD sat there and looked at Jessica. She started shifting around and finding her way up to him, using his thigh as a pillow. He could see a drop of tear escaping from under her eyelid, and sliding down the side of her face. He reached to it and wiped it off her face. She groggily opens an eye to look up and sees Jiyong looking down at her. She pointed her arm up at his face and slurred her words, "Oh, our director, Kwon Jiyong-shi.. Why aren't you drinking anymore?" 

 

"You're drunk, Jung," Jiyong pulled her up. "Let's go home now." 

 

Jessica was now sitting at eye level with Jiyong. She opened her heavy eyelids, allowing him to see her beautiful brown orbs. She started smiling and reached her arm to touch his face. "You know, you're really good looking," Jessica she leaned in closer to whispered into his ear and started getting touchy. He wondered why the sight in front of his eyes seemed so familar to him. A drunk girl, with tears trickling down the sides of her face ruining her make up. He eyes widened as he stared at her face. He finally realized she was the drunk girl that he met at the bar last time. Just as he came to the realization and was about to open his mouth to speak, he felt her lips crash onto his. He tried to pull away, but he was a guy afterall. He couldn't resist. He moved one of his hands up to her cheek as he slid the other one behind her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer, until there was practically no space between the two of them. He felt her nibble on his lower lip and she could feel a smile forming, as the corners of his lips tugged upwards.

 

He wanted to curse, but also thanked the lord when he heard the door knob turning. He pulled his lips off of her lower one and slid back on the booth. If the door never opened, then god knows when he would've finally gotten his senses back. This earned an unsatisfied groan from the drunken Jessica. She was just starting to have fun and forget about her unwanted memories. 

 

"Yuri left her bag in here," Seungri peered his head through the door and grabbed the purse on the edge of the booth. "Are you taking Jessica home, hyung?" 

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

"How do you know where she lives?" Seungri asked, raising an eyebrow. 

 

Jiyong paused. He wasn't supposed to know where she lived because they weren't supposed to be living together since they weren't supposed to know each other before she started working here. He glared at Jessica. All her fault for making this so much more complicated. "Did you forget? I'm the director, of course I know where everyone lives," Jiyong answered Seungri to stop his pestering. Thank god for Jiyong's wit and quick thinking. 

 

Seungri acknowledged that answer, it must've been true. He bid Jiyong a good weekend and left. 

 

Jiyong returned his gaze to Jessica, who fell back into a slumber, and shook his head. He remembered what her friend told him that night. 

 

"I apologize if she did anything to you. She gets a little touchy when she’s drunk.”

 

Jiyong smirked. "So she was the girl from that night," he whispered to himself as he helped her get up and looked at her.  

 

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you so much for all the comments and subscriptions you guys! I really appreciate it ^_____^ I finally got the poster for this story too. Thanks to @carelesswhispers for the lovely poster! Idk how to do kiss scenes, so I hope it's all right. I don't think there'll be another one anytime soon, or at least I'm not planning one yet hahah. I'm trying to plant some seeds to develop the story in the future chapters. Can anyone take a guess? LOL. I can't wait for some of the other characters to come in and cause a ruckus. Sorry for the lack of Tiffany. She'll definitely be in the next chapter! I already outlined the next chapter and I already know what I want to do, so I'm getting excited hahah.

 

Anyways! Do any of you guys have twitter? I want to follow more soshibang fans! Leave your usernames in the comments if you have one so I can follow you too. I think it'll help keep me more motivated if I see some soshibang fans on my tlist ^^

 

Oh yeah, congrats to SNSD for winning Video of the Year at YTMA! *throws confetti* so happy. hehe, now both SNSD and Big Bang have won an award on an international scale :)