Her First Impression

It Was Always You

Chapter One: "Her First Impression" 

 

-6 months earlier-

“Jessica!” a girl with black, wavy hair and one of the prettiest eye smiles on her face waved her friend over.

“Tiff!” Jessica walked over to her friend and gave her a big hug before she sat down. She was dressed in a casual white t-shirt and skinny blue jeans with her light brown hair straightened.

““Oh, I ordered breakfast for us already by the way. I figured you haven’t had Korean food like this in a while, huh?” Tiffany exclaimed. “Did you get in late last night?”

“Thanks. I missed eating at Korean restaurants like these,” Jessica responded with a smile. “It was a late flight, but it feels great to be back!”

“Where are you staying?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m staying at a hotel of ours nearby right now,” Jessica informed her. “But, I’m going to look for an apartment to stay at since I don’t like how it’s basically living off of my step-father since it’s his hotel.”

“Oh, I forgot,” Tiffany teased and stuck her tongue out at Jessica. “Your family even has branches of hotels here.”

“I moved here so I can get away from all of that and be independent you know!” Jessica shot back at her friend. “It’s still lonely to be all alone though.”

 “I know, I know. I’m just joking,” Tiffany laughed. “Our poor Jessica, I hope you find a good roommate soon so you don’t have to be so lonely! Too bad my house is full, or I would’ve loved to have you stay with me.”

Jessica was about to answer Tiffany when, all of a sudden, they heard a loud noise.

“Banggg!” the sound of the table grating against the floor got the whole restaurant’s attention. “How can you do this to me?” the woman, who bumped into the table and caused the loud disturbance, asked as she grabbed the guy who was about to leave.

The two girls looked towards the direction of the ruckus and saw the woman pushing the table out of her way to try to hold onto the guy, who had no expression on his face and looked like he had no interest in what the woman was going to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He couldn’t do this. It was hard for him to gather himself to break it off with her, but he knew this was something he had to do for his own good.

“Please,” he finally spoke in a quiet, low tone without even taking a look at the girl. “There’s no reason for you to stay with me anymore. I know.”

The girl was still holding onto his wrist. The desperate look in her eyes transformed into a pair of eyes, full of anger after what he said. “So was that all I was to you? Someone who you thought you could just call whenever you bored, whenever you wanted, whenever you needed?” She questioned, her voice full of hate and bitterness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica’s eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed in disappointment at what she was hearing. It annoyed her even more seeing the expressionless look on the guy’s face, he looked like he doesn’t even care.  She hated men like that – men who think they can use women for their own benefits, men who take advantage of women, men who abandoned women when they were bored or tired of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“You know that is not true,” he says as he finally turns around to look at her. “Please, just stop this, Kiko. I still want us to be able to greet each other if we run into each other on the streets, but you’re making it difficult if you’re going to act like this.”

He pulls her grip off of him. “Let’s just end this, here, on a peaceful note.”

“I hate you! You’re the worst, I never want to see you again!” the girl yells at him as she runs out of the restaurant, mostly because she was embarrassed that she got dumped in public rather than because she was heartbroken.

The guy sighed as he looked at her figure from behind, running out. His phone rang and he picked it up as he walks out of the restaurant, “Yes, hyung. I’m heading to the office now, I’ll be there soon.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The people in the restaurant finally returned their eyes onto their food while some people still talked about the scene they just saw take place.

“What a heartless jerk,” Jessica rolled her eyes.

Tiffany took her eyes away from the scene and looked at Jessica.

“Sica, you look angry,” Jessica’s friend pointed out the obvious to her. “C’mon, that’s not even your problem. Don’t get so worked up over it.”

“Tiffany,” she finally softens her expression a little as she looks at her best friend. “You know I just can’t stand those type of people. It bothers me when people think they can treat other people so inconsiderately like that. That girl looked devastated and the guy looked like he didn’t even care that he just broke someone’s heart.”

Tiffany knew that Jessica was talking about herself now. She was sensitive about topics like these. Jessica’s scar from her last break up was still pretty new. It hasn’t even been a year yet since her last boyfriend left her for another girl. To make things even worse, he never apologized and even acted like he did nothing wrong. She built up a lot of anger and resentment for heartless and inconsiderate guys as a result of it. He was also one of the reasons she decided to come back to Korea after she graduated – she wanted to get away from everything and just enjoy herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany had to leave for work so Jessica walked around by herself, searching for an apartment to stay at. Even though she’s only stayed at the hotel for a night so far, it still felt lonely. She figured that she needed to find another place to stay at as soon as possible since she didn’t want to continue living off of her stepfather by staying at his hotel for too long.

She’s been walking around for a while now, looking for nice building complexes. She walked up to a small shop with flyers of people advertising their apartments, looking for roommates, taped all over the glass wall outside the shop. “Looks like these apartments aren’t so bad,” she thought as she looked at the pictures of the buildings. She scanned the flyers to see what the options were.

“$500/month for your own room, $600/month without electricity included, $700/month with food provided…” she began to read but her train of thought was interrupted by someone.

“Excuse me?” she heard a man’s voice ask and felt a hand on her shoulder.

She tried to maintain a calm expression when she saw the face of the person that had just spoke to her even though so many emotions were racing inside of her.

“Excuse me,” the person spoke again to get her attention. “Jessica? It’s you, Jessica, isn’t it?”

Jessica pretended like she didn’t recognize him right away and gave him a blank expression as if she was trying to remember who he was. A minute later, she gasped, “Oh… oh, it’s you, Hyun Joong?”

Hyun Joong tried to lean in to give her a hug, but she stuck out her hand for a handshake instead. He gave an embarrassed smile and shook it, asking, “What a coincidence. What are you doing here?”

“I’m the one that’s supposed to be asking you that,” Jessica responded. “I thought you were staying in America.”

“Oh, that’s right,” Hyun Joong clasped his hands together as if he just remembered something important. “I tried contacting you, but they said you went back to Korea.”

“Why were you trying to contact me? Did you have something to tell me?” she looked up at him with interest, surprised that he tried to get in touch with her.

He put his hand on the back of his head and scratched it. “I’m getting married,” he blurted out.

Jessica stood dumbfounded. Here she was, still thinking that there was a chance that he might have come all the way here to reconcile with her. She didn’t know what to say or what to do.

Sensing the awkward atmosphere, he spoke, “I came to Korea for my wedding next month. Since I ran into you, I want to personally invite you.”

Jessica still just stood there, staring at him and trying to process the unexpected news that she just got. “I’ll have a wedding invitation sent to you. Where are you staying? Are you living alone?”

She finally snapped herself out of it and lied, “Oh? Of course I’m not living alone. I’m staying with a friend in Seoul.”

“Okay,” he responded. “I’ll tell my fiancé to prepare an invitation for you.”

Ouch. His fiancé. Jessica didn’t even want to think about her. How dare he even mention that , she thought. She maintained her composure and coldly asked, “Are you sure she’d want me at the wedding? It’s okay, I’d understand if I’m not wanted.”

He knew that she would say something like that. “Of course. I want you there. I’m planning on inviting Seunghyun too. It’ll be great if you guys can make it.”

Jessica didn’t respond. She was still bitter about him mentioning his “fiancé.”

“Well, I’ll talk to you later,” he bid goodbye and started walking away. “Tell Seunghyun that I want to catch up with him if you see him.”

She looked at the view of his back leaving. “Why did I have to run into him? Of all places, he had to come here.” She thought, angrily. “Is he mocking me by treating me like this?”

She started roaming around the streets again, forgetting about her plans of finding an apartment. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is 6 months before the day that Jessica and Jiyong were supposed to get married - the story I put in my foreword. So this story will start showing their relationship from the first time they met until that wedding day. TOP should be appearing into the story in one of the next chapters! I already have the next chapter written, I just need to edit it and hopefully I'll have it up by tomorrow ^^ Sorry, the introductions are always tricky. Jiyong will have a bigger part in the next chapter. There'll be more Jisica moments soon!!!

Oh, and did you guys hear the news? Big Bang will be releasing a new single in late October/early November! I CAN'T WAIT! i miss my tabi :(