His First Encounter

It Was Always You

Chapter Two: "His First Encounter" 

 

 

“Sica, I think you’ve had enough to drink for tonight,” Tiffany said worriedly as she tried to grab the drink out of Jessica’s hands. “Don’t let that bastard get to you.”

 

Jessica fumbled around, trying to get away from Tiffany’s nagging. She has been sitting inside this bar for what seemed like hours already. Even though she claims that she couldn’t care less about Hyunjoong, the truth was that it bothered her how he had the audacity to invite her to his wedding and act like nothing happened between them when he left her for this person he’s getting married to.

 

Tiffany just sighed as she watched Jessica walk away, swaying back and forth. There was nothing Tiffany could do when her friend was drunk.

 

Jessica’s phone started ringing while Tiffany was trying to keep an eye on Jessica. My #1 Oppa, Tiffany read from the screen. She slid the bar to answer the phone, wondering who this person could be.

 

“Hello?” Tiffany answered. She looked back for Jessica, but she already lost sight of her friend among the crowd of people.

 

“This isn’t Jessica, is it?” the man asked from the other line. The deep voice took her by surprise.

 

“Hello? Hello, is anyone there?” the man asked again, snapping Tiffany out of her daze.

 

“Oh, yes. I’m her friend, Tiffany,” Tiffany replied hurriedly.

 

“Can you put Jessica on the phone please? She’ll know who it is once you tell her that her favorite oppa is calling her,” the man chuckled a bit as he said that.

 

Tiffany melted hearing his laugh. The y voice was too much for her to handle. She pulled herself together and told herself that it’s stupid to be nervous just from listening to someone’s voice. “She's kinda drunk right now. I’ll tell her to call you back when she’s back in her right state of mind.”

 

“She’s been drinking?” the man’s voice changed to a worried tone. “Is there something wrong?”

 

Tiffany didn’t know if she should be sharing this, but she figured that this guy must’ve been close to Jessica since he was saved as her #1 oppa in her contacts. “Well, she ran into her ex-boyfriend earlier when she was looking for an apartment, so she’s a bit upset right now,” Tiffany informed him.

 

“Are you serious? No way.  She just came back here and she already ran into him? It’s just her luck,” the man stated in disbelief.

 

Tiffany sensed that he was really worried so she tried to reassure him, “Don’t worry. She’ll be fine; I’m looking after her right now. I’ll have her call you back once she’s in her right state of mind.”

 

“Thank you, Tiffany-shi,” he expressed his gratitude. “Please remind her that she’s starting her job this weekend. That silly girl always forgets everything.”

 

“No problem,” Tiffany replied, unable to contain her smile after hearing him say her name and placed Jessica’s phone back in her bag after he hung up.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

GD walked into the bar and tried to make his way around the crowd of people. It’s been an exhausting day for him. He decided that he was only to drink over Kiko tonight and that was it. He didn’t want to let her keep affecting him. For some reason, he felt a big burden was off his shoulders. He wasn’t worried about having to please here anymore, he wasn’t worried about trying to find new gifts to buy her, and he wasn’t worried about finding her with someone else.

 

He sat himself down in one of the black booths along the wall near the entrance, on the opposite side of the bar. On any other day, he’d probably be sitting at the bar so the bartenders can serve him directly, but he felt like having his own space today. He waved his hand and had the server bring him some drinks.

 

He heard his phone ringing. “Seunghyun hyung!” Jiyong smiled as soon as he picked it up. “Come out and have a drink with me!”

 

“I wish I could, but I can’t,” Seunghyun replied, disappointed. “I have to finish this proposal as soon as possible. I just wanted to make sure that you have everything ready for your business trip to Japan this weekend.”

 

“Wow, our Seunghyun hyung is working so diligently,” Jiyong teasingly praised him. “Of course I have everything ready. I just need your proposal when you’re done and I’ll be set.”

 

“I’ll have it ready for you by tomorrow,” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Okay, thanks hyung,” Jiyong thanked him and was about to hang up but heard his hyung’s voice.

 

“Jiyong? Take it easy okay? Don’t let her affect you too much,” Seunghyun comforted him, concerned about his dongsaeng. “You’ll find someone way better.”

 

Jiyong smiled. He knew that Seunghyun had no intention to ask him about work, knowing how prepared he always was for anything work related. Seunghyun probably only made the call since he was worried. “I know I will. Thank you, hyung. I’ll see you tomorrow before I leave for Japan.”

 

He hung up the phone and took a sip out of his cup. It was nice to know that someone cared about him. He always appreciated it when Seunghyun showed his concern for him. They were family, but Seunghyun was also his best friend.

 

Jiyong looked around the bar. He saw a girl, who he guessed had to be in her 20s, with her long, light brown hair in disheveled and her make up smeared. He shook his head in a disapproving manner when he saw her start downing her margarita as she started sobbing louder and louder. “She should've just stayed home to drink if she's going to be such an emotional wreck in public,” he thought as he took a sip out of his own margarita. He assumed she probably just got out of a relationship too, but it amused him how they reacted so differently. He was calm, and the girl was a complete mess.

 

“I guess I’m actually more relieved than upset that we’re not together anymore” he thought.

 

He grabbed his cup and chucked it down, but he heard the crying sound getting louder and louder as if it was getting closer. He looked back up and saw the girl from earlier getting up and swaying a bit from side to side, trying to leave. He was surprised when it looked like she was losing her balance and headed in his direction.

 

"Plop!" was all he heard when she tripped and fell to the side, luckily landing on the seat of Jiyong's booth or else her face would've been kissing the floor. 

 

She laid flat on the seat so Jiyong couldn’t see her since the table that was in the center of the booth was blocking his view.

 

“Excuse me, miss?” the girl popped her head above the table when she heard Jiyong’s voice.

 

“Who are you? What do you want?” she asked him in an irritated voice, struggling to keep one eye open to take a look at him.

 

Jiyong knew that he wasn’t going to be getting any sense into this drunken girl in front of him, so he got up from his seat and walked over to her side of the booth to get her up.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” the girl started shouting when he tried to grab her arms to pull her up.

 

She struggled to free herself from his grasp and kept moving her arms back and forth, making Jiyong lose his balance. He fell forward and ended on top of her. He was hovering over her in the narrow space that he had between the booth and the table. He was flustered when he felt her warm breathing and realized she was only a few inches away from his face.

 

The girl wrapped her, now, free arms around his waist when he tried to push himself to stand back up. She started giggling when she sensed his discomfort and, all of a sudden, leaned up to give him a peck on the lips.

 

Jiyong was flabbergasted as he was still hovering over her. The arms that he was using to support himself gave out on him and he ended up falling on her, landing his lips right on top of hers. She tightened her embrace around his waist to pull him closer as she tried to deepen the kiss, but Jiyong froze. He didn’t try to move, he didn’t try to break free of her, he didn’t try to get up – he just laid there, right on top of her, with their bodies touching intimately while their lips continued to be occupied with one another’s. He snapped out of it and pulled his lips away. He had no idea who this girl was and she probably had no idea who she, herself, was either.

 

All of a sudden, she opened her eyes and looked right into his eyes when he was trying to get up. Jiyong was finally able to see her big, beautiful brown eyes for the first time. “Don’t leave me,” she whispered, with a hint of sadness to her voice.

 

Even though she looked like a complete mess with her hair all over her face and her smeared make up, he was mesmerized by how gentle and warm her voice was. Jiyong opened his mouth to say something, but the server interrupted him, “Is everything all right over here?”

 

Jiyong and the girl looked towards the direction of the server. He was still hovering over her, but she still looked like a crying mess.

 

“Miss, did this guy do something to you? It’s okay, you don’t have to be afraid,” the server glared at Jiyong and tried to help the girl up.

 

Jiyong stood up quickly to let the girl get up and straightened his black shirt. He stood next to the girl and nudged her with his elbow, gesturing for her to tell the server that he didn’t do anything wrong. She just stood there, letting out small sniffles.  

 

Jiyong could not believe that he was being accused of treating her inappropriately. If anything, he was the victim here. She was the one that took advantage of him and kissed him. She was the ert, not him.

 

The server looked back at Jiyong and crossed his arms as if he was waiting for Jiyong to admit to his wrongdoings. “I didn’t do anything, I swear,” Jiyong exclaimed defensively and motioned at the girl next to him. “I was just trying to get this ert to leave.”

 

“Yah! Jessica Jung!” he saw a girl with dark, wavy hair make her way towards them all of a sudden and pull onto the girl’s arm. “I’ve been looking for you!”

 

GD looked at the girl standing next to him, with her make-up smeared even worse than before, scrunch her face up as she was getting yelled at as if she was a little kid. Even though he was annoyed of her bringing him unnecessary trouble, he couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle when he saw her childish expression. The girl with the dark, wavy hair looked at him, giving him a smile as her eyes curved into crescents and bowed her head slightly.

 

“I’m Tiffany,” she said as she extended her hand out while still was still holding onto the other girl, who he assumes is named Jessica Jung, with her other hand. “She was bothering you wasn’t she? I apologize if she did anything to you. She gets a little touchy when she’s drunk.”

 

“It’s all right,” Jiyong assured her as he shook her hand and saw the server give him a small apologetic bow before taking his leave. “Just tell her to be careful. She might not be as lucky to run into someone as nice as me next time.”

 

“I’m really sorry for the inconvenience,” Tiffany apologized again. “She can be a bit much to handle when she’s drunk.

 

“A bit?” Jiyong asked, raising one eyebrow.

 

“Yah!” the drunken girl exploded. “I… I’m per…perfect…fectly fine. I ha…haave a high tol…tolerance you knowww.”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “You’re lucky you ran into me today instead of some ert. I’m the one that’s unlucky for encountering a ert like you,” he stated as he grabbed his drink and finished it before leaving.

 

Tiffany tilted his head, trying to remember why he looked so familiar. A smile formed on her face when she realized that he was the guy from this morning. “Jessica is going to love this,” she laughed as she took a look at her friend who could no longer keep her eyes open. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is a continuation from the last chapter! I had to write this all over because I wanted to make it a bit longer and I wanted to add more jisica moments. I included a bit of Topfany in this chapter too. 
 
BTW, did you guys see how Big Bang finally performed all together at the F1 event in Singapore? So many fancams! I'm so happy OT5 finally got back together ^____^ hehe, Jessica also posted about it the other day. She probably wanted to go see GD too ;)