Final

Winning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin lingered outside the building, kicking an imaginery stone. His hands were shoved deep into his pockets and he looked around, waiting for his date to arrive. He knew she'd come. After all, who could pass up the Kim Jongin?

He sighed and raised an eyebrow, looking to the left. He took his hands out of his pockets and roughly pulled back his sleeve, looking at the time. The larger hand was almost at the number one.

She's late, he thought. She could've at least rung to tell me.

However, just as these thoughts came into his head, they were quickly dismissed as a girl came running down the pavement, heading towards him. She was holding the red balloon - just like he always told his dates to bring if he met them online or through a mutual friend. It was his way of knowing that they were indeed a date and not someone just hitting on him for his exceptionally good looks. It happened more often than you'd think.

She was pretty, just like her profile picture. Sometimes people had heavily edited their photos, forgetting that they'd eventually forget the person that they were talking to.

In the event that a girl didn't look like her profile picture and was below par, Jongin would just leave as soon as he saw her. Once, a girl had spotted him before he had a chance to leave. She'd come up to him and asked if he was "Kai" (the name he told his dates, just in case things didn't work out).

Kim Jongin had given her a withering stare and looked her up and down, taking his time and playing up his actions heavily. "Do I look like I need to go through dating sites to get dates?" he had demanded of her.

"W-wha-? N-no, I'm sorry, of course not," she had stuttered, almost afraid of him.

"Whatever." Jongin had then turned and left.

Some people may say that he was heartless, but he thought he was doing them a favour and being kind to them. After all, wouldn't they prefer to think that he had just hadn't shown up, instead of thinking they had made a horrible mistake during the date and that they were totally undesirable by the opposite .

It was sympathy. He was being kind. Not harsh.

 

"Kai?" the girl asked, sweeping her hand across her fringe so that it was out of her eyes.

Jongin looked her up and down, taking his sweet time. He was trying to make her sweat by his actions, but to his intense dismay, she seemed very nonplussed by his him. That annoyed him.

"Hmm ..." Jongin continued looking her up and down, furious that she wasn't paying enough attention to him. "I am. Call me Jongin, though," he added after he had given her the once over (or the thrice over, as it should be called in Jongin's case).

"Nice to meet you, Jongin. Call me Minah," she said with a warm smile.

"Minah," Jongin said slowly, realising why she had coined herself Minnie on the site. "Shall we go in then, Minah?"

He said her name with a sly wink, aiming to make her blush. Obviously she had missed the wink because her cheeks didn't become rosy nor did she let out a high pitched giggle of delight. Instead, she walked towards the crazy golf entrance. Jongin followed after her with a scowl plastered on his face.

"Tickets for two, please," Jongin asked the receptionist when they got to the office. He placed the money on the counter and got two golf clubs - green for him, pink for her. He took the set of golf balls and handed Minah the pink club.

"I don't want that one," she told him flatly, eyeing the club with distaste. "I want the green one."

"Green is mine, they don't have any other colours available, so the pink will just have to do," he told her, his voice low.

"But why can't I have the green one?" she demanded. "You can have the pink one, it's no big deal!"

Jongin looked at her, unable to decide if she was being serious or if she was just pulling his leg. "If it's no big deal, why can't you have the pink one?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"Because," she whined, stretching the word out to its brink, "I want the green one. Pink is for girls!"

Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly. "Erm, I hate to break this to you, but you are a girl. Unless you're really a guy ..." Jongin trailed off, his eyes widening and his heart pounded against his ribs. "You're not really a dude, are you?"

Minah looked at him disdainfully. "Of course I'm a girl," she told him bitterly, adding in a dirty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter