And A New Start

The Ending

picture cr: http://minbiased.tumblr.com

A/N 1: because some people asked for a sequel and I was really touched that people actually read my previous story and took time to comment and actually ask for more. THANK YOU. <3

-----

24/12/13

"Are we really going to do this?" Jaejoong nibbled on his lip while looking at Yunho nervously.

"Don't worry, it'll all be fine. And it was your idea, wasn't it? You should have more faith in yourself," Yunho patted Jaejoong's hair and looked at him reassuringly.

"Well, technically it was Yoochun's idea but don't tell him I told you that, he'd just pay me back for revealing that he's a huge softie, not that we don't know anyway," Jaejoog scoffed, momentarily forgetting his nervousness.

"Well... I don't know, it might be fun to see you get into trouble," Yunho smirked and leant closer to Jaejoong. Right then, the three younger members of Dongbangshinki entered the room, with bright smiles on their faces.

"Hey hyung, we got the jjajjangmyun that you liked, c'mon let's eat now!" Junsu bounced up and down on his heels in excitement. "We've practically no time left at all! Eat quickly and we'll need to go practice!"

Yunho smiled fondly at the younger man who was akin to his brother, and stood up. He could not have been more grateful that everything had turned out fine, actually, it was perfect, in the end.

It had been a crazy idea from the start, Changmin had bluntly stated without any reservations. It had been a rainy afternoon when they gathered at Jaejoong's house at the oldest's request.

"Well..." Jaejoong started off. "This is just something me and Yoochun-ah have been talking about, it's actually not that big of a deal, but we'd really like this and you guys would too! This is like a one in a lifetime opportunity for us guys!" Jaejoong paused, as if hesitating, before addresing Yunho. "Aren't you guys having a concert right smack on our 10th anniversary? Well, what better way to celebrate it than having a surprise appearance by us!" His nervous demeanour was belied by the excitement in his eyes.

"You must be crazy," Changmin stated while looking at Jaejoong in shock before turning around to glare at Yunho pointedly.

"Well...." Yunho started looking awkward. "I don't know, Jaejoong-ah." That sentence was enough to completely kill all of Jaejoong's excitement and he had stared morosely at the table.

"It's not that I don't think that's a good idea; hell, it sure is time for us to stand onstage together again but I think we'd need to iron out a few details first," Yunho added gently, seeing the effect his words had had on the singer.

"Yes! Okay, let's talk about it then!" Jaejoong clapped his hands excitedly as they huddled together.

One thing had led to another, and they had actually mulled over the idea for a few months before deciding to pull a Shinhwa if the reception to their shared stage was successful (Of course it will be! was Jaejoong's indignant reply).

 

26/12/13


"I can't believe we're really doing this," Changmin muttered under his breath while pacing furiously in their waiting room at the backstage of the Tokyo Dome. Yunho merely looked at him amusedly and actually ruffled the younger's hair before leaving.

Meanwhile, the three members of JYJ were also panicking.

"Jaejoong-ah, what if it doesn't work and we lose all our fans and everyone's gonna hate us forever and-" Junsu started rambling in the midst of his nervousness.

"Stop it, you." Jaejoong cupped his had over Junsu's mouth, effectively silencing his almost incoherent words.

The concert had run smoothly except for a few technical hiccups, and soon, it was time.

"Now, I know that we're in Japan, but we've actually invited very special Korean guests to be here with us tonight, you wouldn't mind if they sang a Korean song for us, would you?" Yunho said cheerily while the screaming audience gave an unanimous assent!

"Yes! So now let's welcome our very special Korean guests!" Changmin bounced around before hurriedly running backstage together with Yunho.

"It's time," Jaejoong thought in his head as he grabbed Yoochun's sweaty palm.

The center stage then emerged from the basement while familiar chords rang throughout the dome. The lights slowly brightened and whispers rang throughout the audience, growing loudly in volume until people were screaming in excitement.

haruman nibangui chimdaega dwegoshipo, oh baby
(하루민 니방의 침대가 되고싶어, oh baby)

do dasuhi pogunhi nae pume gamssa ango, jaeugl shipo
(더따스히 포근히 내 품에 가싸안고 재우고 싶어)

Jaejoong sang, putting all of what he was feeling into that song. And they heard it, the audience heard not a language that they were unfamiliar with, but identified the feelings present; the lingering sorrow, the nervousness due to the stage, and residual happiness.

Inhaling a sharp breath, he continued with his part.

naega eobneun neoee harun ottokke heulreoganeun geonji
(내가 없는 너의 하룬 어떻게 흘러가는 건지)

nareul eolmana saranghaeneunji nan neouri dongeung hande
(나를 얼마나 사랑하는지 난 너무나 궁금한데)

Wiping a stray tear off his face, he heard more sharp gasps coming from the crowd and realised that Yunho and Changmin had already risen as well. Since it had been a long four years since any of them were seen together in public, much less onstage, the reaction was definitely expected.

Alas, happy times fly fast and soon it was the end of the song. Standing in their usual formation, although Jaejoong noted that all of them had changed so much throughout the years and realized with a pang that everything was different now, they gave a customary 90 degree bow and said in unison, we are Dongbangshinki.

Upon retreating backstage, Changmin burst into tears and sobbed while saying something about those weirdos that actually left the group but i dont know i still love them so much and it felt so right standing together like this but i hate them so much but without them it feels really weird while Yoochun and Junsu grabbed the baby of their group for a hug.

Yunho and Jaejoong smiled fondly at this scene before they were promptly grabbed by Yoochun to join the puppy pile.

"So, I guess we're definitely going to the lawyer's office tomorrow then." Yunho remarked and grinned when he heard enthusiastic agreement with his ideas.

"See, I told you everything would turn out fine in the end," Jaejoong nudged Yunho knowingly, even as Yunho made to give him a bone crushing hug.

-----

A/N 2: I actually typed out the romanization of the lyrics because i couldn't find a version of rom/han lyrics and FORMATTING IS A . Feel free to point out any errors but I don't think I will be editing them because I'm gonna be really busy after this. :(