The Ending

The Ending

picture cr: http://cuteranger.tumblr.com/post/59563568592

 

A/N: I couldn't resist writing this OTL. I'm actually doing work in starbucks now but.... this plot bunny hopped into my head and refused to leave me alone, so here you go. First ever drabble so I hope it's okay!

------
 
 

Yunho stared at the screen in front of him which was currently playing a video of the last performance of Dongbangshinki. Blinking away the tears forming in his eyes, he recalled how that performance should have been filled with joy due to the sheer enormity of the stage. Instead, it brought heartbreak and sadness.

He remembered checking the schedule the day before, and the despondency that had followed afterwards. Gone were the days their schedules were jam-packed to the brim with activities that they would be thankful to get a day off. Now, he had endless free days in front of him.

His eyes flickering back to the screen he saw Changmin's solemness and Jaejoong's swollen eyes. Unable to stand that heartwrenching sight, he closed the window. After only a split second of hesitation, he opened it up again and typed YunJae into the searchbar. Opening the first result which contained a series of YunJae moments, he barely got past the first minute before he started bawling. Putting his head into his arms, he could not contain the tears that were flowing freely.

He knew that somewhere deep in the recesses of his mind, a tiny part of him thought that it was the lawsuit's fault for causing things to be like that, and it was also SM's fault for causing them to leave; hell, he even thought it was Jaejoong's fault. They had asked for his compliance before filing the lawsuit, but he had refused. They had then mulled over it and called Yunho only when they were at the law office.

"Please, forgive us." Jaejoong had openly sobbed into the phone.

"Hyung, I'm sorry," Junsu's voice was choked.

"I hope... I hope that you will be happy," Yoochun had said composedly, but he heard the trembling in his voice before another foreign voice abruptly beckoned them again.

"Sorry... We have to go now," Jaejoong hung up before Yunho had replied. He would have followed suit, but he knew that he would be unable to live with himself knowing that he had destroyed Dongbangshinki with his own hands. That name contained much more meaning than anyone could explain, and he had protected it, but at what cost?

Shuddering violently at the thought, he almost missed the sound of the doorbell ringing. Putting on shades to avoid his swollen eyes being detected by the person at the door, he opened it to find Jaejoong standing outside, looking as ethereally beautiful as ever, save for the missing smile that usually graced his face.

"Oh, you must be here to get more of your stuff," he mumbled, running his fingers through his already rumpled hair. Standing aside, he gestured for Jaejoong to step in. Jaejoong stepped in almost hurriedly, after a quick furtive look to ensure that no one saw he was there.

"Yunho-ya..." Jaejoong started.

"Yeah, I know, I'll stay out of your way this time," Yunho waved him off, feeling a frisson of hurt spread throughout him.

"Why are you wearing shades in the house?" Jaejoong was momentarily side-tracked upon noticing the large sunglasses perched on the younger man's face. Without waiting for a reply, he yanked them off his face, revealing a tear-stained face complete with swollen red eyes.

"Were you crying?" Now Jaejoong looked as though he too was going to burst into tears at any moment. Yunho had thought of a scathing reply, but upon seeing the older man's crestfallen face, he decided against it and instead muttered a negative. Jaejoong looked around the apartment, his eyes settling on the laptop that Yunho had been using to watch videos just now. Striding over, he pulled up the history of the laptop and grimaced when he saw the previous search results.

"DBSK, DBSK disbanding, YunJae, YunJae breakup etc."

"Why were you doing that again!? I thought we agreed that you were not to search for stuff like this." Jaejoong whirled around and faced a embarrassed Yunho.

"I... It's just... I don't know..." Yunho stuttered. Taking pity on a clearly embarrassed Yunho, Jaejoong decided to cut him off.

"You do know that right, this lawsuit isn't against you," Jaejoong started, stepping imperceptibly closer to Yunho. "I don't blame you for not filing the lawsuit with us, but let me tell you right now, I will not let things change between us. If you felt hurt or abandoned, I'm really sorry but please don't be sad right now, because my heart hurts when I see you like this." Jaejoong Yunho's cheek tenderly.

"So please, don't be like this." Yunho felt the silent plea that was hidden in the sentence.

"But...." Yunho said thickly, his tears started running down his face in rivulets.

"Shhh, don't say anything baby. We'll be alright, we will." Jaejoong buried his head in the younger man's chest.

"I hope so too." Yunho whispered.

----

A/N 2: I'm sorry but I couldn't really think of how to end and I really wanted to continue this but in that case it'd be really long and I seriously don't have the time to do that now. And I hope the ending is /AT LEAST/ satisfactory. Please review if it isn't too much trouble, thank you!

A/N 3: The formatting is hell on my phone. I actually accidentally deleted the first part of the story and had to rewrite it CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?