Fourteen: You can’t deny it.

Who Did I Pick Up?

 

~Narrator’s POV~

Luhan sped to Jihae’s office after what he heard from his assistant.

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked his assistant over the phone. It was the next day after his dinner with Jihae and he already got information back about Kris.

“I’m 99% sure, sir.” His assistant said. “The Kris Wu you told me to look up is indeed the person we’re looking for. His Chinese name is Wu Yifan and according to my data, he is indeed the son of the chairman and founder of Wu Entertainment in China, one of the biggest firms in the whole nation.”

“This is a joke…” Luhan said under his breath.

“What would you like me to do now?” the assistant asked.

“Send the file over and I’ll take a proper look of it. Include any pictures of him if possible, I want to confirm it.” Luhan said firmly.

 “Very well, sir.” The assistant replied.

“Thank you Yixing.” Luhan said. “I can trust you not to leak this out, right?”

“Of course.” Yixing said confidently.

“Good.”

As Luhan pulled up at the entrance of the office building, he wondered if he should tell Jihae about Kris or not. He debated with himself multiple times and coming up with reason why and why not to tell her what he found out.

*The things Yixing found might not actually be correct, Wu Yifan can be someone else and that person may not be the Kris here.*

In the end, Luhan decided to not inform Jihae about his findings – he didn’t want to surprise her with the news and it might not be the right piece of information anyway.

He rode the elevator up to the highest floor after greeting the receptionist with a smile. The doors opened and he stepped out. When he walked into the office, Kris was there along with Jihae, they looked like they were discussing something.

He gently knocked on the door and when he heard Jihae calling ‘come in’, he opened the door and stepped in. Jihae was happy, of course, to see her good friend but Kris on the other hand, showed a rather annoyed expression as if he was expressing how disappointed he was to see Luhan.

“What brings you here?” Jihae asked happily.

“I wanted to see you again before I leave.” Luhan told her. To be exact, he wasn’t going to leave yet, he was going to find out more about Kris and his real identity. Based on what Jihae had told him about Kris, the amnesia he was suffering could not have been a mystery and there had to be some cause to it.

“You’re leaving already?”  Jihae exclaimed. “I thought it wasn’t until two weeks!”

“I’m sorry but my father wants me to be back as soon as possible, there’s a meeting in Taiwan that I have to attend with him.” Luhan said sadly. “I’ll be back though; I wasn’t going to leave this visit unfinished.”

“You better be back!” Jihae said. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I will too.” Luhan said and Jihae gave him a hug but knowing that Kris was in the room as well, Luhan let go of her shortly afterwards.

“I’ll see you around then.” Luhan said to Jihae and then turned to Kris. “You, too Kris, stay well.”

“I will, don’t worry about it.” Kris replied in a monotone but inside, he was more than glad that Luhan was leaving.

“Luhan…” Jihae said.

“Stupid, don’t cry over it! It’s not like you’ll never see me again!” Luhan laughed. “Do you want to cry like this in front of your boyfriend? He might dump you because you look stupid and ugly when you’re crying.”

“Shut up baby face.” Jihae pouted. She wasn’t crying physically but she was sad that Luhan was leaving in such a short amount of time; she only got to eat dinner with him twice, they didn’t even go anywhere!

“I have to go now; the plane won’t wait for me.” Luhan said and made his way to the exit. “Stay healthy the both of you!”

“We will!” Jihae called out to his retreating figure into the elevator. “Can’t believe he’s going this fast…”

“You ok?” Kris asked.

“Yeah, I just didn’t really get to spend much time with him.” Jihae said sadly but got back to work nonetheless.

*Didn’t get to spend time with him? What happened to the two nights that you were out with him? Was that not time at all?*

 

~~~

When Kris was gathering his things ready to go home after work, he found an envelope on his desk. It had his name on it but no other information was given. Knowing that the envelope was for him, Kris opened it. Inside was a piece of folded paper – he opened the paper up to see a note, written in Chinese, to which he had no problem in reading it.

Kris,

I know this might be a little sudden for me to leave you a note but this is the best way for me to contact you without letting Jihae know. I got Soojung to leave this for you so that was why you didn’t see me in your office earlier.

I have a few things that I want to talk to you about, please come and meet me at ‘The Great Wall’ Chinese restaurant in Myungdong at 7 tonight – please do not tell Jihae about meeting me.

I hope to see you there tonight.

Luhan.

“What is this…?” Kris muttered. He looked at the watch on his wrist and sighed, it was already half past six, meaning that he would have to go and meet up with Luhan soon. He didn’t understand what Luhan wanted to talk to him about and why he lied about having to return to China at an earlier date.

He walked out of his office and into Jihae’s office. When he walked in, Jihae was getting ready to leave – she was putting her jacket on and then straightening her outfit out.

“Jihae,” he called out to her to which she turned and faced him.

“Yeah?”

“You go ahead and go home first, I have something I need to do, don’t wait for me tonight, have dinner first.” He told her.

“Oh, ok.” Jihae said in disappointment. *What does he have to do that he can’t tell me about? Is he meeting up with someone?*

 “You take the car, I’ll catch a taxi.” Kris said and she nodded – there was nothing else she could have done anyway. “Come on, let’s go downstairs.”

Kris and Jihae rode the elevator down to the lobby and the out of the building. The valet had already brought the car out and was waiting for Jihae or Kris to take the keys. When it was Jihae who took the keys, he had a surprised expression – normally, I would be Kris taking the keys because he was the one to drive.

“I’ll see you later.” Kris pecked Jihae’s forehead

 

~~~

Luhan waved Kris over when he saw him coming in from the entrance of the restaurant. Kris looked around before settling his eyes on Luhan and proceeded to walk over to the table.

“Thank you for coming.” Luhan said after standing up to greet Kris.

“What is it that you want to talk about?” Kris asked after the both of them sat down.

“About yourself…” Luhan started. “Can you tell me more about yourself?”

Kris looked at Luhan for a little while before nodding his head slowly.

“What do you want to know about me? I would have thought that Jihae had told you everything.” Kris said.

“But what she told me wasn’t everything.” Luhan said. *And you know exactly what I’m talking about.*

“What do you mean?” Kris asked with a confused expression.

“Never mind, just tell me about yourself.” Luhan said. He knew that Kris was hiding something but he was hiding it very well – even Jihae didn’t notice it.

“Why do you want to know about me?” Kris questioned.

“Because I want the best for my friend.” Luhan said and it was fair enough reason to give to Kris.

It seemed like Kris bought Luhan’s reasoning and nodded his head. “I understand,” he said. “I woke up in a bed one morning and found myself in Jihae’s house – that was when she told me that she took me in. I didn’t, and still don’t, have any memories of the things that happened before that night. Jihae took me to a hospital and had them give me a body check. They found nothing wrong with me and they didn’t know what could have potentially caused my amnesia.”

Luhan nodded his head at Kris’ words but inside, he was thinking of something else.

 *What a nice lie you have thought of, losing your memories, eh?*

“I see, that must have been hard on you then.” Luhan commented.

“Not really since Jihae helped me out a lot.” Kris replied with a smile on his face.

“That wasn’t what I meant.” Luhan’s expression turned dark. “What I meant was that you must have had a hard time lying to her.”

Kris’ eyes grew big from the shock but remained unfazed.

“I don’t understand what you’ve just said.” Kris said in a serious tone. “Me, lying to her?”

“Yes, you lying to her.” Luhan said. “About your past, about your identity, about everything.”

“Where are you getting all this from?” Kris asked.

“This.” Luhan slid the packet of information that Yixing gathered for him to Kris. Kris looked at it and then looked back up at Luhan.

“What is this?” he asked.

“Your information – everything about you since birth.” Luhan told him in a straight tone.

“You checked up on me?” Kris questioned.

“Yes, I had to make sure that you are the person I think you are.” Luhan said. “Wu Yifan.”

Kris was silent for a few seconds before sighing.

“Who is this Wu Yifan you’re calling me?” he asked innocently.

“You know who he is.” Luhan replied. “Don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten your name.”

Kris scoffed. “I think you’re talking to the wrong person here. I know what my name is and I don’t remember being named ‘Wu Yifan’ ever in my life.”

“That was the point – you don’t remember your life.” Luhan smirked.

“Why are you doing this?” Kris asked.

“I want to know why you’re lying to Jihae, what do you want with her?” Luhan narrowed his eyes on the taller man who was sitting across him.

“I’m not lying to her.” Kris said and stood up, getting ready to leave.

“You can’t deny it.” Luhan said and Kris walked out of the restaurant.

 

 


Hey~ here’s the update! So Kris is Yifan! XD

I want to clarify and explain a few things while I’m here.

One. I’m trying to finish this fic as soon as possible so that I can start a new one soon.

Two. Some of you might be asking ‘What about the Sungyeol fic?’ Well, I came up with this idea of keeping that going as my ‘back-up’ fic if you want to call it that. I feel that by having two fics going on at the same time, my readers won’t think that I’m dead or something because I’m not updating and I do like to have multiple fics going on at the same time and that two fics is a good number since the chance of me messing up is lower.

Thank you for reading and please drop a comment if you have anything you want to say or input to the story, subscribe for more updates and upvote to make my day~

@matchalatte – Annyoung~ I’m back! Sorry I’ve been busy for the past few days with school and stuff >_< The story is becoming more and more complicated so if you (and other readers) don’t understand or can’t follow the storyline, please do tell me!!! Hopefully, you found out who Kris is (or may be) in this chapter ^^ I am Chanyeol and Kris biased but I like the puppy just a tad bit more than the angrybird \^0^/

~Guys please do keep the comments coming~