EPILOGUE: SOOJUNG’S POV

You and I: Things That Never Change

It’s been 7 years since Taemin left Korea for the second time. Honestly, I felt really terrible when he left again that day. I really missed my best friend. But I know that he’s happy now. I’m already 28, and actually, I don’t feel like one.

            “Mama!” Oh! My baby is really fond of calling me mama instead of eomma. And here comes the daddy. “Yah, Kim Jungjong! How many times do I have to tell you that you have to call your mother umma, not mama?” Jongin scolded our beloved son. We named our first son after a legendary king of Korea, as what Taemin suggested over the phone when we called him and gave him the news that I’m pregnant with a baby boy. “But mama is more popular nowadays.” Jungjong answered proudly. “Aish! Yah Soojung! Where did this child actually inherit this kind of stubbornness?” Jongin asked me. “Of course, to his father. As what the phrase said, like father like son.” I answered mockingly. And Jungjong and I laughed altogether. Jungjong is already three years old, and is a very active child like his father. Well he got most of his features to his father, except the complexion. He got his curly hair and milky white skin to me. But everything comes from Jongin.

            We were in the middle of laughter and blabbering when someon rang the doorbell. Probably it’s the mail man. Jongin stood up immediately, and Jungjong followed him like a puppy. While I just wait for them to come back and tell me who rang the door bell. But seconds later, I heard Jongin gasped and giggled loudly at the door. I wonder what’s the matter. Until I heard a very familiar voice, and here comes my son running back to me. When I looked up, I saw Jongin hugging the person we cherished the most like a little child. Taemin is right in front of me while Jongin is excitedly hugging him like there’s no tomorrow. I was really shocked to see him. My best friend, is back.

            “Annyeong, Mrs. Kim. Can you please take your husband away from me? He’s like a child.” Taemin greeted happily, while laughing over Jongin’s childishness. “Oppa? When did you arrive?” I asked excitedly while walking hurriedly to hug him just like how my husband is doing right now. Taemin only gasped when I hugged him too. And after I think 10 seconds of bone-crushing hug, we released him. Then I suddenly remembered Jungjong. He doesn’t know about Taemin, since he’s really young to even remember him.

            “Jungie, come here baby. I want you to meet your Uncle Taemin.” I said, and Jungjong hurriedly walked towards us. He walked in front of Taemin and looked at him directly. Taemin only gave his sweetest smile to Jungjong, and just like that Jungjong greeted him politely. “Annyeong haseyo! Choneun Kim Jungjong imnida! Uhh… Hi Uncle Taemin!” he greeted politely, then playfully. Oh! So much like his father. Really. I can see that Taemn is amused with Jungjong, and laughed heartedly while messing with my son’s locks. “Annyeong Haseyo, Jungjong-shi. I am Lee Taemin. It’s really nice to finally meet you.” Taemin greeted back, while still holding with Jungjong’s hair. I can see Taemin’s eyes are sparkling with happiness.

 

            Taemin stayed with us for another hour, and gave us the reason why he went back to Korea. He gave us a sparkling red and white envelope with our names on. It’s a wedding invitation. And to be honest, I felt my heart broke. Well, I once fell in love with my best friend. That’s the day when Suzy came to our lives and snatched my best friend’s attention. At first, I thought it’s only because of friendship, until I realized little by little that I’m falling in love with Taemin. Actually, when we were kids, I always dreamt of being Taemin’s wife someday, although he’s a sissy way back then. I couldn’t get enough of him. It’s Taemin oppa’s voice who got me back from my reverends. “Suzy and I planned to do the wedding here in Seoul, so that our relatives and closed friends can attend.” Taemin explained.

            “Wait! When did you and Suzy became as a couple?” Jongin asked. “Well, I met her again at a convention in Manhattan three years ago. At that time, she’s talking to my secretary, which happened to be her colleague in college. And then a month after, we started dating. And just last month I finally asked her to marry me. It’s a little early for us to get married, but I’m already 29 years old. And I don’t want to turn 30, and not being able marry. Besides, I know Suzy with all my heart.” Taemin answered happily. I think there’s no need for me to get jealous right? I mean, he’s my best friend, and I’m proud that he found his true love now. And now, I have a wonderful husband and a very lovely child, so what more can I ask for?

            “Well, I better leave now. Melanie’s with me earlier, and she said she will have a date with her boyfriend. I have to pick them up now.” Taemin said while standing up and straightening his pants. “Uncle Taemin? When will you going to visit us again?” Jungjong suddenly asked. “Hmm.. I don’t know honey. Uncle Taemin has a lot of work to do right now. Well, why don’t you come and visit me on your halmeonni’s house? My house is right beside her house.” Taemin answered. “Oh! We will visit halmeonni tomorrow! It means I can see you tomorrow right?” Jungjong asked her. Taemin laughed and ruffled Jungjong’s hair. “Of course.” He answered.

 

            It’s been a tiring day. Me and Jongin coincidentally filed a seven days leave, and now were in our house playing with our son. Jongin works in a bank as a manager. While I am a music teacher in an exclusive school. I always bring Jungjong with me, since he’s really loved by my co-teachers, and the principal itself. So, I have no worries towards my son.

            “I never thought that Taemin hyung and Suzy will become a couple someday.” Jongin muttered, while looking at the invitation. “I know.” I answered shortly. I’m still shocked about the news, but I get the idea that it’s not good to show my expression. “Oh, I know you’re a bit shocked and disappointed about this news Soojung. But don’t over think of that alright? Taemin-hyung has finally found his other tie, so why don’t you be happy with that?” Jongin said while hugging me sweetly. He’s always like this every night. I mean, he’s very cuddly while talking to me. Whether it is a serious matter, or just a blabbering. I love this side of him the most. “I know that okay? And, yeah, I was a bit disappointed, but I’m also happy for Taemin. Don’t worry okay oppa? Don’t over think of that, alright?” I copied his words. “Yah! Why do you always copy my words?” Jonging asked while nuzzling my neck. “Because I love you.” I answered shortly, while holding his arm. With my words, he deepened the kiss on my neck, and you know what happens next.

…..

 

 

To: Bestie

From: Taeminnie Best

 

            Hey Soojung. I know it is hard for you to accept that I’m leaving Korea again, and I felt really terrible with that, but I want to say something to you. Please don’t hate after this okay?

 

            You know, since we were children, I always dreamt of you as my wife, although I’m more girly than you. But, I really fell in love with you for years now. When I saw you and Jongin kissing at your house, my whole world crashed like a meteorite. I was really sad and frustrated. But as time passed by, I realized that Jongin is a good guy. And practically, we’re best friends now, just like what you are to me. I know that Jongin will take good care of you, because he truly loves you. I think he loves you more than I do, so please give him the same amount, neh?

            I’m sorry if I can’t say this to you in person. Maybe it’s the coward Taemin that strikes again. But, I love you Soojung. I truly love you. You’re my dearest and probably the most special girl to me. I Love You. Goodbye.

….

 

That was Taemin’s words to me before he flew to America that night. Overnight, I cried really hard. That was the sweetest, yet the saddest message he gave to me. I love him, but I can’t let Jongin go. Because I love him too. But now that everything is clear, my heart feels the pure bliss I’m experiencing now. And I know that finally, Taemin can find the happiness with his fiancé. But one thing that I know is that, whether it is me or Taemin oppa, or Jongin oppa, or Suzy, things will never change. Between our friendship, family, and love for each other.

 

 

...

 

Hey everyone! Ahh, this is the end of my story. i'm sorr y if i still ended it with kaistal. the story was made even before i registered here. but i promise, i will make a taestal story where the ending will be about them. Sorry if i disappoint taestal fans. thank you!