Three

Shelter

I hate this!! The past two weeks I have been so freaking busy with the expansion plan of the club. My dad has started to come to the club every single day. He appears at the same time my school is over so I had to stop going to music club and pretty much run from school to arrive at the time he says is what normal people takes to walk a few blocks.

He will stay for at least three hours and when we are done Kendo practice is already over, even the captain is gone by that time so I have to close down the club. I REALLY HATE THIS!! I haven’t touched my guitar in too long. I miss writing music so much.

I can’t even stay longer than I am supposed to in the club and spend some time on my shelter. I bet my dad will ask why everything takes you so long? I sigh and finish closing the door of the club and placing my keys on my backpack. I am too tired to walk properly so I just drag my feet on my way home.

 

“Jeongmin??” I hear a voice I haven’t heard in a while and I see Hyunseong smiling.

It is funny how his smile can be so comforting and warm.

I actually haven’t seen him much these days. After the night he walked me home my dad told me he will be going to the club frequently and when I told Hyunseong about it the next day he just said “I understand” and just like that he stopped going to my school. I never realized walking alone was so boring I guess that is why after a few days I started to run. I didn’t see him after practice either because I have been too swamped with the things my dad told me to do.

Hyunseong looks the same. The same kind and deep eyes, the same bow shaped lips that always seem to curl into a smile, the same strong built but soft character.

“Hi” I greet back and realize he is still wearing his school uniform. “Why are you still wearing that??” I point at his clothes while we start walking to my house.

“I haven’t gone home and changed yet” he simply answers.

“Wasn’t practice over like two hours ago??” Why didn’t he go home??

“I didn’t know what time you will be done so I was just waiting” he adds shyly and looks down at the floor. Wait, Does that mean he was waiting for me??

“Are you ok?? You look tired” he changes the subject.

“I am more than tired!! I am like a zombie these days” I pout at my busy and boring day. “My dad is crazy, he wants me to do tons of things and I really couldn’t care less about the club”

“Your dad just wants the best for you, Jeongmin. All of the things he tolds you to do and the time you two spend together working, it is his way of caring for you” he says in that serious tone that he always use when talking about parents.

“I don’t care what he wants. I wish he would leave me alone and stop caring so much about me” I complain in response.

“Don’t say that, you don’t know what is like to be left aside by your parents” Hyunseong says like he is talking more to himself than to me so I brush off the slightly sad tone he used.

I sigh and try to lighten the mood. “Hyunseong, can we stop there?? I feel like I can’t walk anymore” I say pointing at the closest bench of the huge park that is halfway my house and the kendo club.

He nods in agreement and soon we are sitting on the bench just looking at the starry night. The silence surrounding us it is not awkward anymore, it is nice. It is calming, comforting. I feel a nice warm spreading through my body when Hyunseong sits closer to me and our sides are pressing together.

He always does things like this I have come to learn that Hyunseong likes skinship so I just let him put his arm around my shoulder and pull me closer to him. I relax even more, my breath starts to be really slow and my eyelids are so heavy right now.

It is like the tiredness of these two weeks come to me at once and I just want to sleep. “Hyunseong, I am about to fall sleep” I mumble while suppressing a yawn. “Let’s go or you will have to carry me home”

I try to move and shake off his hand of my shoulder but he holds me tighter in response and pushes my head to lean on his shoulder. “Just rest, I don’t mind carrying you” he answers in a whisper.

Strangely his shoulder is really comfortable and I snug closer to it. Hyunseong’s natural smell hits my nostrils and it only makes me want to snug even closer. His scent is the perfect mix of sweet and freshness, it is fruity like and it is really addictive.

I sigh deeply and with that my eyes close, falling into a deep dream.

.

 

.

 

.

I open my eyes and all I see is darkness. What happened?? I was on the park with Hyunseong just a minute ago. My eyes adjust to the lack of light and realize I am on my bedroom. How did I get here?? Don’t tell me it was a dream. I scratch my head trying to remember what happened as I head downstairs for a cup of water.

“Jeongmin” I turn around to see my mom sitting on the living room with an angry face.

“Mom??” Why does she look like she is about to kill me??

“What kind of values did your dad and I teach you?? How can you arrive to the house so late and being carried?? Were you drunk??” WHAT!! WHAT?? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE TALKING ABOUT??

So it wasn't a dream. I fall sleep and Hyunseong must have brought me home but drunk?? She has got to be kidding me!! “I was freaking tired mom. You know that my dad is making me work on the expansion of the club and I finish so late that I have to close down!!” I gritted my teeth so I don’t scream at her.

“Lee Jeongmin, don’t lie to me. You were holding on your friend like a monkey when he brought you on his back. I couldn’t even look at his face and thank him properly. I was so ashamed that as soon as he left you in your bedroom I make him go away! Now, explain yourself” my mom crosses his arms and stares at me.

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!! My hands become fists and I try to release my anger by that simple action. How could my mom be so rude to Hyunseong?? He actually piggyback ride me home and she practically kick him out without as much as a thank you. What is wrong whit this woman?? Doesn’t she know manners??

“I WAS FREAKING TIRED!! AND HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN SAY THANK YOU TO HYUNSEONG?? HE WAS JUST BEING NICE AND YOU TREAT HIM LIKE THAT!! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!” I look at the shocked face of my mom and stomp my feet before turning around and head to my room.

I flop down on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I am too mad right now my mom can be so stupid at times. She was way too rude with Hyunseong.

Is he hurt because of the lack of manners of my mom?? Is he angry??

I pout at the thought of an angry Hyunseong and I turn around to lie back on my side. Something catches my eye at that point. It is a yellow bright sticky note posted it in one of my mirrors.

I get out of bed and move to read the piece of paper.

 

Sorry I brought you home so late I just couldn’t wake you up.

BTW: I just got a new number if you ever want to contact me:  010-0526-0105

                                                                                                                                                                HyunSeong 

 

As soon as I finish reading the note my anger is gone and I see my smiling reflection on the mirror. I grab the note and reach for my cell phone on my nightstand before lying back on my bed again and enter the numbers to save the contact on my cellphone.

 

I don’t know why but I stare at the sticky note and the saved contact on my cellphone until I fall asleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!! Update time!!!

 

Thanks for reading this story!!

Does anyone realize why I did with Hyunseong number ^^ ?? 010-0526-0105 ...The person who first tell me what those 2 dates mean will have a prize aka I will write a oneshot as the winner request (just limit it to boyfriend members please ^^)

 

That is all for now!!

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND