Fourteen

Shelter

I leave the living room fuming and head to my room. I HATE MY DAD!! I HATE HIM!! HE DOES NOTHING BUT HURT PEOPLE!! HOW DARE HE HURT MY MOM LIKE THAT?? I slam my room’s door and stay there standing, anger still consuming me. My breathing is quick and my hands are still on fists.

I stay in the same position for a long time, trying to make this feeling go away but it won’t. I feel like punching someone, like yelling at the top of my lungs. I have never felt this angry before, usually when I ‘figth’ with my dad I just try to comply or ignore him but this was it!!

HOW DARE HE TALK ABOUT HYUNSEONG AND HIS FAMILY LIKE THAT?? AND ON TOP OF THAT TO HURT MY MOM!! HAS HE GONE CRAZY??

 

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts and I direct my gaze towards the door. The door opens to reveal my mom. “Jeongmin?” she asks softly “Are you calmer, now?”I just shake my head in response and she sighs closing the door behind her.

“Jeongmin, don’t think too much of what your dad said. He was angry” Is she trying to defend him!! Is she kidding me?? “Mom, he hit you. How can I not be angry??” she looks at me worried but still smiling sweetly.

“I couldn’t let him hit you. He made a mistake and he is sorry about it” I look at my mom and feel sad about her, she stand up for me in front of my dad and got hurt in the process. I sigh, how did my dad ended up with such a good woman??

“Yes, he did a mistake” I say in a too bitter tone but really, I can’t stop being mad with him.

“You should rest now, it has been a long day. We will talk tomorrow, ok?” my mom says before leaving my room.

 

.

.

.

 

I wake up next morning because of my phone ringing. I look for the noisy object with my eyes still closed and I pick up. “He… hello??”

“Hi. Jeongmin?” the clear voice of the person on the other end of the phone startles me, making me sit immediately on my bed and expose my eyes to the bright light. That voice, so kind and smooth, it is unmistakable, it is definitely Hyunseongs’.

“Hyunseong” after letting those words out I yawn lazily and rub the sleep out of my eyes.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” Hyunseong’s concern makes me smile. How can he be so considerate of little things like this?

“Yeah” my smile widens as I stand up from my bed stretching. “but don’t worry about it. I needed to wake up anyway”

“Sorry, it is just that I got kind of worry after you entered your house yesterday. How did it go with your parents?” his words freeze me. Yesterday? I start feeling nervous remembering what happened last night. Everything that my father said about Hyunseong’s family, is it true or he was just messing with me?? And what he said about him, how he called him names in such a despicable way, it just makes me insanely mad again but … how did he know about it?? 

I … I don’t want Hyunseong to know what my father said and get hurt because of it. It can be all lies at the end so why put him through such a thing??

“It could have gone better” I decide to tell him the truth but omit some parts. “My dad was crazily mad when he arrived… we have a big fight and then he…” I look down at the wooden floor, my heart aching as the image of my mom being slapped by my father comes to my mind. THAT BASTARD!! I STILL DON’T GET HOW HE COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!! CRAZY STUPID BASTARD!!

“Jeongmin? Is everything ok?” Hyunseong’s words make me snap and I loosen my grip on the poor phone which was being crushed because of the sudden rush of anger. I let out a big sigh before answering to Hyunseong honestly.

“No, it is not” I go close to the window and breath some fresh air, like the new air coming to my lungs would help me make the anger go away. “My father tried to hit me but … my mom got in the way and well … she ended up being slapped” I feel incredibly ashamed after saying it out loud but I can’t stop now.

“I feel so useless Hyunseong. I couldn’t even protect my own mother. I should have received that hit, not her. She just tried to protect me and I… I don’t know how to face them anymore”

I feel the stinging feeling of tears at the corner of my eyes and I can no longer hold the frame of the window to keep standing, my legs feel like jelly all of the sudden. I end up sitting on the floor with tears rolling down my eyes, my back against the cold wall that is next to my window.

“I am really sorry Jeongmin” there is a long pause in which I wish Hyunseong could be somehow be magically teletransported to my room, to be able to have him close and feel safe in his embrace. “You … you know it is not your fault, right?? You couldn’t have seen it coming so please don’t cry.” Hyunseong words make me feel less crappy but I can’t stop myself from crying.

After fifteen minutes or so, in which Hyunseong said sweet and caring words trough the phone to calm me down. I am finally able to speak again. “I am sorry … I didn’t mean to … to let it all out on you” I feel so embarrassed. Hyunseong must think I am nothing more than a weakling.

“You don’t have to apologize for what you are feeling” his answer is so straight I can only smile at Hyunseong’s always honest words. “Either if it is happiness or sadness … I am just … I am glad you want to share those feelings with me …”

My heart beats faster and my cheeks get warmer after his words, an unexpected feeling of calm surrounding me. How is it that with a few words he can change my mood?? Hyunseong, he has such a weird power over me.

“Thanks …” my voice sound embarrassed and I want nothing more than hanging up and end my clumsy words but I still have a lot to ask to Hyunseong. “So, how did it go with your dad??”

When we were on my shelter yesterday Hyunseong told me what he has been trough in the past week. It all started when his mom called him out of the blue last Saturday. Hyunseong admitted with sad eyes that she sounded like she was drunk but he still listened to her babbling about how sorry she was about what happened.

Hyunseong told me the reason why he fought with his ‘brother’ that night, it was actually because of me. He told me that his ‘brother’ found out he liked a guy and he about it until Hyunseong snapped one day and well, he pretty much kicked his . So, his ‘brother’ in revenge told his dad and Hyunseong’s mom about him liking a guy.

When his ‘parents’ confront him, his mom asked him if he really was in love with a guy and Hyunseong didn’t deny it. After that his step father simply kicked him out and his mom didn’t say a thing, she kept quiet and only looked down. Hyunseong then stand up and left the house to go to the Sejong club.

After hearing him I felt like the lowest, most hateful and stupid person in the world. Even before I realized my feeling for him, he had loved me, he fought because of his feelings towards me and has suffered because of them, much more than I have.

I could only tell him that I was very sorry he had to go through that because of me while I felt so guilty for making his family relationship even more complicated than it is. And what did Hyunseong said?? He told me it wasn’t my fault over and over again.

Besides of apologizing, her mom told him that she was really shocked after hearing him confessing he liked a guy but she wasn’t planning on doing anything as severe as kick him out, she was going to forbid him to see that guy but she couldn’t argue with his husband because he was the owner of the house. That she still loves him, that he will always be her son but that she couldn’t take care of him anymore so she had called his dad and that he would arrive on Friday so he could move with him to London where he was currently living.

Hyunseong felt totally lost at that point. He didn’t want to leave Seoul but he knew he couldn’t keep living on my shelter forever. I felt horrible once again because I wasn’t there for him when he needed me. I felt so frustrated and angry with myself. What was I doing during that time?? Ignoring him like a scared and silly child.

After a few days Hyunseong decided that the best thing for him would be to leave with his dad so he decide to leave my shelter, he went to stay at a hotel near his school until he would meet with his dad. He told the captain that he won’t be able to go to the club because his dad will be arriving soon but the truth was that Hyunseong wanted time to take his things out of his previous house and of my shelter without having to worry about anyone realizing he was leaving.

He wanted to leave quietly so he turned off his phone and wasn’t planning to contact anyone until he see his dad and leave with him. He appeared on my shelter that afternoon by chance, he came because he realized he had forgotten some things and found me there instead.

When I told him that his dad had arrived earlier and that he has been looking for him like crazy he got incredibly worried. Hyunseong initially thought the captain was the one looking for him. He didn’t know his dad was already in town.

 

“Well, I guess” Hyunseong words bring me back from my memories. “I told him the truth and that I didn’t want to leave Seoul and he … he wants to meet you” I open my eyes wide at his words and my words seem to have vanished.

WHAT?? MEET ME?? HYUNSEONG’S DAD, WHAT TYPE OF PERSON WILL HE BE??

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating in a while u.u but I promise to update more frequently. So, this chapter has a lot of info on Hyunseong's dissapearence, if you have any questions just ask on the comments or inbox.!!

Thanks for keep reading, commenting and subscribing!!

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND