Chapter 2

The letters
 
 
BOM's POV
 
"Oh yes, before I forgot, you've met Top right? Did he tell you that you will be featuring in one of his song?"
 
Wait, what? Me, collaborating with him? Okey, this gonna be really REALLY awkward. I looked over to the man behind Hyun Suk oppa just to see him staring blankly at me. His expression gives away nothing and I couldnt help but to wonder what he's really thinking at that moment.
 
"Are you sure? I mean, I'm good, with doing all this but did you just choose me just because I owe you something, oppa?" I asked
 
"Bom-ah, you're the first person that pops in my mind thats suitable for this song. And even Seunghyun asked me if it's possible if you could collab with him
on this song"
 
"Wait, seriously? You don't want to think about it again?" I asked him again, hoping that he would change his mind.
 
"Are you guys having trouble working together?" Hyun Suk oppa was eye-ing me suspiciously before turning to the man behind him. "Did you do anything wrong to her, offended her or something?" 
 
Before I could deny what Hyun Suk oppa was saying, Top suddenly told me something that made me feel a little bit guilty.
 
"It's okay if you don't want to do this, Bom-ssi. I mean, I really didn't want to force you or anything. It's just that I think your voice suits my song the 
most and that's why I asked sajang-nim to asked you."
 
What he said hits me, I mean why am I being like this? Is the awkward atmosphere a few minutes ago made me like this? Or maybe because of this heartbeat of mine?
 
I cleared my throat and walked towards Top. I reach out my hands towards him along with a smile.
 
"Top-ssi, let's work together"
 
Upon hearing what I just told him, his expression turns from blank to happiness as he extends his hands to shake my hands. He looked into my eyes and said, 
 
"Yep, let's do this, Bom-ssi"
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
It's been hours since they started recording on the song. With Top directing and guiding bom, they finished recording in just a day. Bom walked into the control room and head straight to the sofa located behind where Top was sitting. She throw herself onto the sofa and let out a sigh, clearly glad that everything went well. She looked to the floor with a blank stare, not knowing what to do or what to say. Top, who heard her sighed, turned around from the monitor and face her. Seeing her tired expression, his lips curved into a smile, thinking to himself how an expressionless face can be that cute.
 
He cleared his throat to gain her attention. She looked up only to see him looking at her.
 
" You've worked hard, Bom-ssi. As expected from the best singer in Korea" he said.
 
" Well, if you didn't guide me, I would be lost too, so, you've worked hard too, Top-ssi" she replied with a smile.
 
Top looked at her, amazed at her beauty even what she did was just giving him a normal smile. He diverted his gaze upon remembering what they faced a few hours ago, clearly did not want to turn this friendly to the awkward atmosphere. But then, he knows if he didn't say anything right now, the awkward atmosphere will envelop them again since they're the only one in the studio. As he was busy finding a topic to talk about, he looked up at her, noticed that she looked tired and exhausted. Without him realizing it, he blurted out the question, not knowing if he's worried or just as the start of the conversation.
" Are you okay, Bom-ssi? You look tired."
 
Bom looked at him and smile.
 
" Yes, im okay, Top-ssi. It's just that I have a lot things on my schedule and I barely got any time to rest. Hehe, anyway, you should just drop the honorific term with me. I mean, you're older than me... right?" she asked, with a little bit of curiosity.
 
" Hmm, I don't know, why don't you take a guess? " he said with a playful smirk.
 
" Haha, and what if I guess it correctly? Any reward for me, Top-ssi? " she said, replying him jokingly.
 
" Yeah, sure. Just name it, you'll get it, well.. if you guess my age correctly. I'll give you three chances.  " he said.
 
" Aigoo, I don't know, hmm... Let's see.. 30? " she said, trying to make a guess.
 
" Wait, am I that old looking, Bom-ssi? " he asked with a small laugh.
 
" Haha, I'm just guessing. You're under 30 then. Hmm, 27..maybe? " she said, hoping it would be the right answer.
 
" Ding! You're getting there. One last chance, Bom-ssi " he said with a smile, amused at how cute her expressions at that moment.
 
" Awhh, I really want corns right now, so bad. Okey, one last chance. Emm, 25? " she said while looking at Top with puppy eyes.
 
" I really want to say its correct, but ding! You're wrong again, Bom-ssi " he said with bigger smile. She's still the same as I remember.
 
" Then how old are you? " she asked, with a pout.
 
Top let out a laugh as seeing her cute expression. Bom just looked at him, wondering why he was laughing.
 
" Im 26 years old this year, Bom-ssi. You really almost got it correct if you didnt skip the number from 27 to 25 "
 
"Aigoo, bommie, babo-yah. No free corn for me then, bye bye corn~" she said to herself, imagining her favourite corn flew away.
 
She let out a small sigh and looked up to Top.
 
" Then, you should drop your honorofic, Top-ssi. Im two years younger than you " 
 
" I will, if you stop calling me Top-ssi and drop the honorific too. Just call me Seunghyun oppa "
 
" Are you sure? " Bom asked, tilting her head to the side.
 
Top nodded his head, anticipating to hear her calling her oppa.
 
" Arasso, Seunghyun oppa. " she said with a smile.
 
Top's heart did a somersault when she heard her calling him oppa. Finally...
 
" So, Bom-ah, let's get you some corn " He said as he rose from his seat and took his jacket.
 
Bom's face lightens upon hearing that. She quickly shove every belongings in her bag and walks towards the door. Top observed her movement, a smile curved on his lips as he follows her out of the studio.
 
She really didn't change... at all.