Don't Leave Me

☼ Witch's Blood: The Origins ☼

 

Hey Guys!! 

Long time no see, eh? How's life? School treating you alright? Hope you guys are faring well... CUZ I'M NOT!! *silently cries* 

School has been increasing tougher for me because of the major exams and with the fasting month going on, I'm surprised I'm still standing. I'm so exhausted to the core.

Anyways, I thought of updating this story because my brain suddenly had a major wave of inspiration and I couldn't help but write it all down. 

It's a major jump of Victoria's feelings with Onew and I'm sorry for that. But eitherway, I hope you guys will enjoy the story!

Enjoy!!! 

-Dana

~*~*~*~*~

Be Mine - INFINITE

Hey, are you awake?

I am now. What do you want?

The Promised Day is drawing near...

And...?

I don't know. I guess I'm just feeling a tad bit nostalgic.

Please, we have been doing this for the past couple eras. I would have thought you would be used to it.

Hey now, It's only been 2 times. Hardly enough to get used to... But then again, this would be the third time since that day happened.

.... Oh... That day...

Yeah... I wish I was there to stop you. Prevented this from ever happening.

It doesn't matter. I would have been lost without you and I can never live my life in a cage.

You could stop this you know... End this once for all and move on with me to the Great Hereafter.

No! Not after what they had done. I will never forgive them! Never.

I thought the same way too but look at the Witches. They've changed and they've repented. I've learned to forgive them and you should do the same.

The Warlocks. They haven't changed. Still selfish and self-centered as when we were alive. Centuries has passed and they're still in their bent ways. And I will not rest until they are all killed.

How could you put up such a sweet facade to your vessel, when your true intentions lies else where?

I could have said the same to you. Tell me, is the prospect of ruling the world that enjoyable to you?

Hahaha, you know me inside out, my love. I was only teasing you, you should know that.

What about the time in the meadow?

I was too caught up in the moment! I needed a few moments to live out the evil fantasies I hide before I am ultimately back into my vessel. Besides, you know me and how I love running free.

That's one of the reasons I am in love with you. .... Don't worry. Once this whole ordeal is done, we will be together again. I promise.

The last time you made a promise, our lives was changed forever.

No, this time, this time it will work. I promise you that.

My dear, please. I beg of you. The more we linger on this realm, the more vulnerable our powers will be. Once we leave, they won't be able to use us. But if we stay, they will be able to procceed on to the ritual.

They won't. I won't let them do that to you ever again. Not as long as I am here with you.

I love you, my dear, so please... Reconsider. I want to be with you and stay with you but I may not do that if you are bent on your vengeful ways. Learn to forgive and forget.

Forgive? Forget? Those two words are a luxury I can no longer afford. I'm sorry but I can never forgive my family that has forsaken me so...

Please...

And if you are not going to follow me, you know what I have to do!

... Aye... I don't need reminders, love. You know I will follow you loyally. But please reconsider. If not for me, at least for them. For them. It pains me to see my past vessels so lost and scarred. I do not wish for the same thing to happen to them.

Neither do I...But I can't bring myself to forgive what has been done. They will pay for what they had done and I will gladly kill myself before they will be able to make use of my curse.

But at what cost? Another story to add on history? Another verse to the poem? Another pair of lovers severed forever?

If that's what it takes, then I will gladly do it a thousand times. This is our eternal damnation, the moment they forced me into a promise with the River Styx. They started this story, and now....

And now...?

And now, we have to end it.

~*~*~*~*~

Victoria woke up with a jolt, her head ringing like a bad static television. She glanced at her sisters, afraid that she might've awoken them but was relieved to see them soundly asleep. Amber wasn't in bed and Victoria guessed she was at the roof, maintaining the barrier.

Her hand clasped at her head, the headache intensifying for a split second and she let out a small moan. She glanced at the clock, it showing 6 am and the sun was near rising.

Victoria quickly but softly got out of her bed and out of the room, her Heilige instincts calling out to her. The headache seemed to be sending her a message, a warning that something was amiss. And the person she needs to find now was Onew.

"Onew..." She whispered as she walked down the aisles. Her pace was staggered and shaky, the headache interfering with her sense of balance. She tried to recall where the boy's room was but she was cluelessly lost in their big mansion.

"Onew..." Victoria whispered again, her headache intensifying with each passing second. Her heart was pacing fast, the same feeling she had during the time Onew was apart from her. It gave her a horrible feeling of loss and she was terrified by it. Only now did she realise how important it was for him to be with her. How she needs to be with him.

"Onew!" She choked out, tears b now and threatening to fall. The pain in her head was no longer a ringing but a full-blown spike that left her nerves crippled with electricity. It was dim but she could somehow hear voices in her head, muffled by static and gurbling.

She was beyond scared now. If this was hurting her to such an extent, it must be hurting Onew as well. She couldn't bear knowing he was in pain, after all that he had been through and she can't live with herself for that.

That thought alone gave Victoria a sudden urge and she sprinted across the hallways, opening doors and screaming his name.

"Onew! Onew!! Where the hell are you?!!" She cried, running and clasping the side of her head in pain. She felt a sudden pull and following that instinct, she turned a corner and saw Onew leaning on a wall, pale as sheet.

"Onew!" She cried. At this Onew glanced up, relief washing over his face and worry washing over hers. He was visibly pale, lips drained of colour and sweat breaking on his forehead. But a soft smile broke on his lips.

"Victoria..." He smiled and Victoria rushed to him. He could barely keep himself from falling when Victoria hugged him with such a force. It winded him and took him by surprise but after hearing her sobbing into his chest, he softened and wrapped his arms around her tighter.

"I-I felt it. It was s-so strong and I-I was s-so afraid. Are you okay?" Victoria asked in between sobs, holding him close to her to the point he felt he couldn't breathe. "Please please tell me your okay."

"I'm okay, I'm okay," He answered, "Are you?" He cooed her to calm her down. He swayed her in place softly, hugging and feeling her warmth engulfing his body.

Victoria didn't say a word and merely nodded, taking quick breaths now as she slowly calmed herself down.

Onew didn't mind that Victoria's tears and snot were on his shirt now. He didn't paid attention to it all. All he cared about was his love crying softly in his arms. He didn't dare speak a word, only softly cooing her till she was okay. His heart thumped hard in his ribcage, his body realising the fact that he was holding Victoria in his arms. Oh, how he wished for it to remain that way until forever but he felt a nagging voice at the back of his head that diverted his attention.

Don't.

What? Who are you?

Don't. Don't fall in love with her more than you already are.

Heilige Potentia? Who are you to tell me who to love and who not to?!

There was small silent pause in his head, indicating the Heilige quietly thinking. But when he did answer Onew back, his voice had changed to one who sounded ancient and tired.

It doesn't matter what I say anymore. It'll all be the same eitherway.

What? What do you mean? Heilige Potentia? Hello?!

But the voice in his head dissappeared and he was reminded of the girl in his arms. His face broke into a smile, the Heilige's warning thrown at the back of his mind. He didn't cared about anything except for Victoria now.

Victoria was slowly calming down, her sobs slowly quietened and she just focused herself on hearing Onew's heartbeat. It was soft and warm in his arms and now did she realise how much she wanted to hug him. The longing feeling that tormented her ever since the werewolf incident was now fulfilled and she couldn't get enough of it.

Onew breathed in deep, Victoria's invigorating scent fogging up his brain. He wanted to remember her permanently, out of fear that they might seperate during the war and let out a small sigh.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked her softly, hand automatically her hair.

"Yeah..." Victoria answered, "You?"

"Never better." He grinned and Victoria glanced up to him face-to-face. Their eyes locked fiercely into one another, each trying to read the other's mind.

Victoria gazed longingly at him, never realising how fast she was into falling in love with him. The rate of how he made her feel was incredible and at the same time, terrifying. She was terrified at the concept of love, terrified that their powers would cancel each other out but now, standing in front of him, she didn't cared for any of that.

Her hand travelled up and rested on his cheek, her thumb his cheek softly. She was frowning now out of confusion.

What is he to me? She asked herself, still frowning and gazing into him.

Onew didn't need to have Key's power to understand Victoria's facial expression. Despite being new to the concept of love, Onew knew fully well the confusion the emotion will bring. He knew that Victoria was on the fence about her feelings for him, not entirely accepting it heartily and he didn't want to rush her. He'll wait patiently by her side for her to sort out her feelings and somehow knew that she will bend around soon enough.

Onew grabbed her hand that was his cheek and gently kissed her palm.

But for now, I'll just be content with having her by my side.

Victoria let her hand drop from Onew's face but kept her hold on his hand. She gripped it softly.

"What do you think happened?" She asked him.

"I don't know. I just woke up with a bad headache and somehow felt the need to find you." Onew answered. 

"Same for me. Could you make out a voice behind all the static that was in our heads?"

Onew nodded quickly, "Yeah, it sounded like my Heilige talking but I couldn't make out the words." He pondered. "Do you think something happened between the two of them?"

"Could be. My Heilige is not talking to me right now." She said with a frown on her face.

Onew smiled. "Maybe she's just tired." He squeezed her hand gently, making Victoria feel emotionally squeezy in her chest.

"Shall we wake up the others?" Victoria asked him.

He shook his head. "No, let them rest. They must be tired." He trailed off.

Victoria nodded at his decision and decided that she's held his hand long enough. She pulled her hand away, only to have it held tighter. She blinked and looked up to Onew.

"Onew, can I-" She started to ask for her hand back when he abruptly cut her off.

"Can you hear me out for a second?" He asked of her, his voice pleading and eyes sincere.

Victoria was slightly taken aback at his request and silently nodded her head.

Onew gulped down hard and steadied his beating heart. He took a deep breath and readied himself.

"Victoria, I-" He paused, readying himself. "I want you to promise me something. If you can."

Victoria cocked her head to one side, expression curious. She didn't know why but the way Onew projected his words to her made her heart all the more excited. Realising he was waiting for an answer, she nodded.

"Okay, what promise would that be?" She whispered, afraid that her loud voice would ruin the moment.

Onew looked up from glancing at their joined hands. His expression was pleading and almost desperate. His grip of her hand tightened, as if it was his lifeline to earth.

"Promise me you won't leave me?" He innocently whispered.

Victoria blinked, surprised at such a request but her face softened at how genuine his request was. Victoria pulled a soft smile and took a step forward towards him, the space between them nonexistent.

"I promise." She said and cradled his hand to her cheek.

Onew felt a great wave of relief overwhelming his entire body, one that came from complete joy and happiness. He grinned widely and hugged Victoria tight in his arms, claiming her as his.

He didn't know why he made such a promise to her but he felt the need to. He had a bad intuition that she was going to leave him forever and he couldn't bear not having her with him. A promise was what kept his hopes high, his fears gone at the thought of Victoria not ever leaving him.

The sun slowly began to rise up, its sunrays shining through the windows and engulfing the hallway they were in with light. The light shone onto Onew and his skin glowed dimly in the Sun. It wasn't blinding, more of a warm glow that made him seem angelic.

"Shall we walk around the mansion before anyone realises we're gone?" He suggested, smiling.

"I don't mind that..." Victoria glanced up to him, a smile on her lips. She wrapped her arms around his body naturally, head leaning on his chest.

"I don't mind that at all."

~*~*~*~*~

Yunho sighed, unable to fall asleep that night. He shared a room on his own, Jaejoong decided that the elder needed time to himself after what happened that day. After all these years, Yunho's heart was still shaken and broken from the past.

His fingers twiddled with his engagement ring subconcsiously, frown forming. He was sitting at the edge of his bed, in front of him stood a full body-length mirror. He glanced up to the mirror, expression pitiful and sorrow.

"You look pathetic." A voice called out and Yunho was slightly taken aback. But he relaxed when he recognised the voice.

"Am I really?" He answered the voice, a dry smile on his lips. He stared at his reflection, expecting an answer in return.

"Yes." The voice answered harshly, laced with resentment. "You always have been."

Yunho's smile dropped as he saw his reflection morphed into one of a woman. The mirror reflected a scene of another bedroom, the woman sitting on her bed as well. Her eyes looked wild and her hair was messy and her room looked like a hurricane had thrashed it.

The two figures stared at each other through the mirror, taking in the sight of one another. The woman wasn't smiling, a pure look of resentment and anger on her face as though the very sight of Yunho disgusted her.

Yunho returned with a mere look of resignation and defeat, his back slouched from complete exhaustion. He was used to this treatment, it seems.

"It's been a long time, Boa." He spoke first, voice cracked like sandpaper. "All these years and you still look as beautiful as the day we first met."

The woman scowled at him and rolled her eyes away rudely. "All the more I regret ever meeting you," She snapped. "Tell me, how are you faring?"

"I wouldn't say bad nor would I say good. I guess I'm still struggling." Yunho answered.

The woman looked slightly happy at that, as though the very fact of Yunho's suffering gave her complete joy. "How about the others? Are they suffering as well?"

"I wouldn't know. Yoochun seems to have moved on though I've caught him in a daze and gripping the side of chairs tightly when memories reappeared. He took her death extremely hard. I've never seen him so lost in all my eternity." Yunho looked down. "Jaejoong has changed. I don't even know him anymore. He's no longer with emotion, his personality warped into one of an empty vessel. He refuses to remember her or anything that reminded him of her. ... And I don't blame him for it."

"So, you can say that we are finally getting our retribution. After all these years and we're still locked up in our past. Lost and hopeless, it seems."

Boa's expression softened after hearing Yunho's statement. Her eyes watered slightly and seized up tightly. She hesitated before speaking again.

"Junsu? Changmin? Are they...?"

"They're fine. They haven't had a relapse in decades. The spell hasn't shown any signs of weakening and they've been... happier," Yunho laughed dryly. "How selfish am I to envy their state when they don't even remember their loved ones..." Yunho laughed again, voice shaking.

Boa watched as Yunho started laughing at the invincible joke he shared, his laughter slowly turning to soft sobs. She felt tears falling down herself as she watched on, her hand covering as she started crying as well.

Wordlessly, the two slowly fell from their beds and sat in front of the mirror, head hanging low as they accompanied each others mourning. Boa leaned her back on the mirror, Yunho mirroring her as well to make it seem as their backs are against each other through the mirror.

Slowly, their sobs quietened and sniffling echoed the room. Boa wiped her tears away angrily and Yunho merely stared down on his lap silently.

With a frustrated sigh, Boa spoke, "How long has it been?"

"I don't know. I don't remember." Yunho answered. "Two? Maybe three? Give or take, I don't care."

Boa nodded understandingly. Her eyes travelled to the picture that hanged on her wall. Her eyes stared, filled with the emotion of desperate longing.

"I love her," She started. "I love her so much that it hurts."

Yunho brought his head up back, glancing at the ceiling. "I love her too. More than my own life."

"You loved her because of the curse. You couldn't help it." She hissed angrily at him. "Me? I had nobody. She was there for me, no matter what. She was like a mother to me. But that all changed when you lot showed up."

Yunho sat still, reflecting the many memories he had with her. He heard Boa silently sobbing again and his heart ached with sadness.

"Boa, you may think my love for her is fake and scripted but I assure you that it wasn't. I genuinely loved her for who she is and not what was inside of her. You should've known that. After all, you were the one who agreed to help us in the first place."

"Don't be blind by your misconceptions, Yunho. I didn't do it for you. I did it for her." Boa snapped angrily again before letting out a tired sigh. "Has it already started?"

"Yes. They're falling in love with each other, despite our warnings." Yunho chuckled. "I'm somehow heartened at seeing them like this."

"It's like history all over again, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I get to see it from the sidelines at least. Have you perfected the ritual?"

"Halfway. The conditions needs to be precise and I need more time with it."

"Well, then I suggest you quicken the pace." Yunho paused. "Taemin and Key had bonded."

Boa flinched out of shock. "That's impossible! They've only met 2 weeks ago! How is that possible?!"

"Seems the Heilige's are in a bit of a haste to complete the curse and prophecy. Otherwise, they wouldn't be forcing their vessels to quickly develop feelings for their counterparts."

"Alright then, I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, keep them occupied. Train them for the war, most preferrably seperately. We can't afford to have anymore of them to be bonded and especially Onew and Victoria." Boa paused. "If they do-"

"I know what will happen if they do. But keeping them apart would be far harder. They are as stubborn as I was, maybe even more so." Yunho spoke

"Just try. We'll meet up once the ritual is complete. Before the Promised Day. Until then, keep an eye on them."

"I will, I promise you that."

Boa scoffed. "Last time you promised me something, I was left motherless. So no more screw-ups, got it?"

Yunho sighed, tired with the conversation.

"Got it."

~*~*~*~*~

OOHH!!!

The plot thickens!

Hahahah, hope you'd enjoyed that folks!

Until then, ADIOS AMIGOS

-Dana