Barrier

☼ Witch's Blood: The Origins ☼

Boom! Unexpected comeback returns! Hahaha, I decided to jump in to see how everything was going on and I was kinda heartened to see that there are still some people who are still reading this book. Despite me warning that I have second thoughts on restarting this story.

But I decided to post out a chapter for old time's sake and to destress myself from the exams that I have been bombarded with. This whole week had been nothing but exams for me so you can guess the amount of stress that I'm going through.

Sad to say but when I returned back to this website, I'm greeted with an unsightly problem. 

My story is being plagirised but this sad fellow whom I shall not name. *cough**COUGH**cough*

He/she apparently wrote one story called 'Blood of the Witches' and as much as I don't like to create conflict, he/she (most likely a she) is writing most of the plot based on my previous story, 'Witches Blood'. 

-_____- Seriously dude? You that stumped on what to write your own plot and had the micro sized nerve to rip off ideas from others? What kind of pea-sized brain do you have?

 

 

So, my questions to you readers, is should I report this nasty goat to the website? Cuz I'm sure hella will if she's still going to continue with this, even if she didn't update it in months. 

Ugh, I need to calm down. *Deep breaths*

Well, other than that, hope you'll enjoy this story, for laughs, for smiles and for tears. 

That cliffhanger though- OOPS! Spoiler! XD

Toasts to Juliet_123 for informing me of this silly goat. You're alright! ^_^ *Gives honorary badge which also tastes like cookies*

-Dana

~*~*~*~*~

Click the icon to see the song dedicated to this chapter (In case some of you people didn't know! ^^)

Sulli smiled to herself as she headed back to her sister's room. The thought of Taemin wishing her goodnight just kept replaying in her head and left uncurable butterflies in her stomach.

She entered the Master bedroom and was greeted with the sight of her sisters sitting on top of the huge king bed that could fit exactly 5 people. A crystal ball was placed in front of them.

"Hurry up! We're contacting Mother soon!" Luna hissed as she waved Sulli to the bed. Sulli quickly went over and sat herself next to Amber. As soon as everyone was present, Victoria breathed in deep before tapping the crystall ball twice with her index finger.

The mist in the crystal ball swirled before it lifted to reveal the Council of 9. Mother was seated in the middle of the long table and the look of her face says it all.

There was something bothering her.

"Blessed be, children." BoA spoke and F(x) answered back softly to the greeting.

"What of the report? Brief us shortly on what has happened over at your side." BoA spoke gently.

Her sisters looked at her expectantly and Victoria sighed.

"We were attacked, Mother. By them." She said.

Immediately, there was a gasp made by the 9 Elders.

"You were attacked?!"

"Were you hurt?!"

"Did they took the Heilige Potentia?!"

"Calm down, all of you." BoA silenced them and they quietened. BoA stared at the five witches, expression unreadable. "Explain."

And so Victoria poured out the whole story to her. Onew, being seperated which resulted in his Heilige losing control, Victoria slowly diminishing in power and the search party that followed soon after.

When the part of Big Bang came in the story, the 9 Elders expressed their distaste in the werewolves. They were quickly washed over with worry when told Luna was badly injured by them and she had to reassure them countlessly that she was making a speedy recovery.

"It's their venom that's delaying the process." Luna explained. "I shall be in the pink of health in 3 days tops."

"That's good. What happened afterwards?" Lady Yuri asked Victoria.

"Shortly after the fight, we headed home to tend to our injured and the legendary masters of the Vampire clan arrived at our house." Victoria spoke.

"DBSK? And what of them? Did they agreed to join forces?" BoA asked, worry etched on her face.

Victoria blinked, surprised to see Mother worried. "Yes, they agreed to join."

"Shortly after their arrival, we were joined by a newborn coven named EXO and a lone vampire by the name of Hyuna." Amber continued for Victoria.

"After the introduction, Yunho of DBSK made us sit and listen to verses of a poem about an old story." Sulli said innocently.

BoA's eyes widened larger. "Story? Did he mention the name of it?"

"No, I don't think he remembered the name of the poem. But he said that story had everything to do with the war." Krystal spoke.

Immediately, BoA made a chocked noise as though she was trying to hold back tears. The 9 Elders surrounding her turned to her in worry.

"Mother? Are you alright?" Lady Sunny asked.

BoA closed her eyes softly before opening them. "We will continue our session tomorrow night. For now, get some rest." Her voice was changed drastically to a cold undertone.

Victoria frowned out of worry. "Mother-"

The mist fogged the crystal ball instantly, leaving the five sisters staring at each other, not knowing what just had happened.

"Well, I think it's time for us to get some shut eye." Amber clapped her hand twice. "All of you, snuggle up on this bed, Luna in the middle and Victoria and me at the sides."

"Awwwh, but I wanted the sides." Sulli whined.

"Oh, shut it Sul," Krystal snapped, snuggling in between Luna and Victoria. "You'll just end up on the floor like last time."

Sulli pouted, angry at the sister. "I know but you don't have to be snappy about it." She huffed before snuggling at Luna's other side. She turned to Amber who was standing at the door of the room. "You not getting in?" Sulli asked.

"I'll get in soon enough. I just have some unfinished business to do with the leech. I'll be back in a jiffy." Amber smiled at her little sister. Her eyes caught Victoria staring at her. Their eyes locked briefly.

Victoria: Are you going to set it up for tonight?

Amber: Yeah. You go sleep. I'll be fine.

Victoria: (She bit her lip.) Be careful. We'll take turns next night.

Amber nodded curtly before switching the lights off and closing the door behind her.

She looked both ways of the corridor, mind running on trying to figure which staricase led to the rooftop. It was amazing how SHINee could hide a big mansion at the top of a hill in the middle of a rural area in the middle of nowhere but don't they get lost at how ridiculously big the house is?

Where the hell do I get to the roof? She thought.

You turn a right and head downways till you meet a spiral staircase at the end of the corridor. That's where you'll get to the rooftop. A voice called out in her head and Amber couldn't help but smile at the voice. She felt a dim flutter in her stomach as she followed the voice's orders.

Wait, why am I getting nervous? She asked herself as the closer she got to the spiral staircase, the quicker her heart started to beat. It's just a nightly duty. No big deal.

Amber climbed up the spiralling staircase until she reached the rooftop. A skating rink greeted her sight but further down where the skating rink stopped, stood Key leaning on the edge of the roof, looking out at the scenery.

Amber headed over to him silently and feeling childish, she poked his left side which resulted in him yelping in surprise.

"Yah!" He yelped before smiling at seeing her. "Don't do that! I'm ticklish." He said.

"Good," she said and leaned on the fencing that prevented them from falling off the roof. "You'd be boring if you weren't."

Key let out a small laugh, hanging his head low as he sniggered before letting out a sigh. "Oh, Amber. What am I going to do with you?" He mumbled, thinking the Amber didn't hear him.

She smiled before looking towards the sky. "You ready to do this?"

Key stopped his smiling, breathing in a determind sigh. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Amber held out both her hands and he grabbed them gently with his. He faced her, eyes full of focus as he mentally prepared himself.

"I've never tried it before with a vampire. Come to think of it, I've never tried it all. It'll be energy consuming so feeling weak afterwards is completely normal." She warned him softly. "I don't know whether our energy waves will be compatible but let's hope for the best."

"Relax, Am. We got this. As long as we're together, we can do anything." Key winked and resulted in Amber blushing full force.

"Cheesy pickup line I see." She smirked despite blushing away.

"Straight from the 'How to get Witches for Dummies' book. Currently in 'Pickup Line 101'." He joked.

"Really? You must be failing in it then." She joked back.

Key rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Focus here Am."

Amber rolled her eyes before taking a deep breath. She shut her eyes, reciting the incantation to herself first to prepare and feeling that she was ready, she slowly poured her energy to the base of her chest.

Feeling the soft movement of energy shifting through their interlocked hands, Key mirrored her by trying to focus his energy as well. He did not know how to even manipulate his energy and was not even successful in previous years but to his surprise, he was able to do it when Amber was by his side. Almost ironically, what he said was true.

As long as they were together, they really could do anything.

Key felt Amber shift her accumulated energy to her hands, not transferring to Key's body nor retreating back to her body. That much energy control impressed Key and he slowly tried to do the same. He successfuly did it, feeling the waves of energy forming up in his hands, moving softly in its own boundary. 

Ουρανούς ψηλά. Ασπίδα μου από τον εχθρό μου. Ουρανούς ψηλά. Ασπίδα μου από τον εχθρό μου. " Amber slowly recited her incantation and Key felt the energy swirling rapidly in their joined hands, joining to Key's energy. 

Shutting his eyes, he focused himself to mimic hers and was surprised that it was easy as the energy did not need Key's prompting. It somehow knew what needed to be done and followed into Amber's energy. The only thing Key realised he needed to do was refrain from letting the energy back to the core of his chest as he realised that Amber's energy mimiced his as much as his mimiced hers.

He was set as a boundary check, to refrain the energy from receeding back to their bodies whereas Amber was needed to convert the energy into the spell. He waited as Amber's incantation rapidly quickened and it became increasingly harder to keep the energy in the boundary of their interlocked hands.

Slowly, their hands grew hot and Key found himself gripping Amber's hands for dear life. But Amber did not fazed away from the incantation. Slowly, bright light started to engulf their two beings and Amber's incantation reached its ending.

A small spark rocketed out from between them, the spark shooting straight to the sky. Amber and Key looked up to the spark before it exploded in a distant 'pop'.

From where the spark exploded, a dome slowly formed as it spread out and descended around the mansion, providing a layer of protection. The dome covered the whole mansion and once it completely covered the area, the dome vanished, turning invincible.

Key smiled and turned to Amber to congratulate her on the wonderful spell when he felt her falling limp. He quickly caught her in his arms before she could slump on the floor.

"Amber? Amber baby? Are you okay?" He asked, worried. What if the casting of the spell was too much for her?

But he felt her grumble. "Don't call me baby, idiot." She said before recollecting herself albeit the feeling of exhaustion. "Damn, that spell took a lot from me." She said before slumping down on the floor, her back leaning on the fencing.

"You tell me." Key said as he joined on the floor. He felt slightly winded too. "How long do you think the barrier will hold up?"

Amber shrugged. "3 days. 5 days tops. It stops Werewolves from entering the mansion while we train for the war but I don't think it'll hold up  if the warlocks decided to pay a visit." Amber grumbled before shivering when a cold wind passed.

Seeing her shiver, Key took off his jacket and flung it on her. He pulled her shoulder closer to his, an arm hugging her other side before it fall to her hips.

Amber was surprised at the gesture and was about to reprimand him about it when she was greeted with the warm body temperature that he had to offer. Before she could stop herself, she snuggled in closer, trying to get as much body heat from him as possible.

"How in the world can a vampire be this toasty?" She questioned him.

Key shrugged, a playful smirk on his face. "I'll take it as you're saying I'm hot." He winked at her again which made her roll her eyes.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you?" Amber said sarcastically.

Key chuckled. "I love you too Amber." He said without thinking.

Amber froze and Key stiffened. He mentally slapped himself in the head multiple times for saying those three words. He shouldn't have said that, joke or no joke. You don't tell a girl that you love her. That just makes you look like an idiot. That's the number one rule Jonghyun's been telling him time and time again.

Amber faced Key, her eyes wide at him. Did she hear him correctly? Surely he was just joking around, right? And if so, why is it making her heart sky rocket like no other? He was just joking right? Right?!

"W-What did you just said to me?" She whispered, voice shaky.

Key started to panic. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if she plummels him for speaking such a word? For even thinking of her in that way?

"I-I-I-I s-said that I-I love... Youtube!" His brain came out with a feeble back up. "Yeah, I said that I love Youtube..." His voice trailed off. Oh, how stupid he sounded. Youtube? Seriously?

Amber's eyes downcasted for some reason. She should be happy that he meant another thing but then, why does she feel almost... dissappointed? 

Key saw her confused frown and felt more obligated to say something to cheer her up.

"But I like you!" He blurted out, his brain, being the scumbag it is, forcing Key to say what has been going on his mind.

Amber blinked in surprise, a rosy tint accompanied by an unsure and confused frown. A smile broke out on her lips before she shook her head at his funny expense to lighten the mood.

She leaned down, head resting on his shoulder. "Whatever you say, idiot." She muttered under her breath before slipping into sleep.

~Meanwhile~

BoA entered her private chamber, heart pumping hard. Angry and conflicted tears started streaming down her face as she paced her room in angry strides.

She reached to her table that was clustered with papers, trinkets and books. With an angry cry, she swiped everything off the table, the contents falling onto the floor messily. She got into a complete rage after that. She started pushing all the books and papers that were in her room, thrashing them about and even throwing them.

When she was done, her room was completely in a chaotic mess. Papers were everywhere and books with torn pages lingered around. Tears were streaming down her face as she stood writhing in pain and anger.

She broke out crying, her knees buckling and she feel to the floor. She covered her hands to her face as her window broke open with a gush of wind entering wildly. The bright moonlight shone into her private chambers, enlightening everything in a calm light before illuminating a small pitcure frame hanging on her wall.

A picture of Yunho... and a girl.

 

~*~*~*~*~

Oooh! That cliffhanger though! XD

Hoped you guys will enjoy the chapter!

Hoped it was enough to satisyf your needs! XD

Adios Amigos!

-Dana